It's CEO change time at Jolla once again
0. phoneArena 03 May 2013, 03:39 posted on
If you are one of our numerous regular readers, then you probably know the story of Jolla - the smartphone company founded by some Nokia ex-employees. We've covered pretty much every story about Jolla so far, because, well, let's just say that new enterprises should be helped out...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. juandante (Posts: 447; Member since: 23 Apr 2013)
Hope Nokia will come back to Jolla, 'cause WP is not good.
5. Siaw_Yong (Posts: 12; Member since: 09 Dec 2012)
Nokia doesn't need to comeback to Jolla, instead Nokia should make Jolla its second third choice in the smartphone category and the Jolla OS should be for mid-range price points
19. MC1123 (Posts: 1254; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
agree most of the part!! meego or sailfish OS is WAY BETTER THAN WP!!!!
nokia should just hold on to its meego as their back up OS let it run on low end to high midrange!
i cant wait for jolla's smartphone!! 05.25.13!! thats the date people!!!
6. Altair (Posts: 363; Member since: 02 Feb 2012)
Dude, you should try WP8 phone. I am quite sure that you would change your opinnion.
14. TheBitterTruth (unregistered)
WP is good but the only major draw back is its eco system.
17. Bilpocalypse (Posts: 301; Member since: 13 Oct 2012)
I personally prefer the ecosystem to Google's ecosystem. I do use some Google services (YouTube, Blogger), but not many. I wouldn't say either ecosystem is technically superior in any way. It all comes down to personal preference.
2. mew7946510 (Posts: 55; Member since: 10 Nov 2010)
Just hurry up and release some killer phones! You better not disappoint!
4. xprimer (Posts: 43; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
goodluck jolla, its nokia plan b i think. . .
7. lubba (Posts: 1313; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)
@juandante... How do you go around campaigning WP is not good? Seriously, what did WP and Nokia do to you? Wait a minute, you're not one of those schmucks Samsung hired to bash HTC are you? For sure Troll is one of those hired by somebody.
9. lubba (Posts: 1313; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)
@xprimer... There is no plan B. Jolla will not last because the OS market is already saturated and well established. Look at it at a consumer standpoint.
11. Plesman (Posts: 11; Member since: 19 Feb 2013)
I has a really good change to last, it's supported by China Mobile, China Telecom and China Unicom. If that's what the Chinese government want, it's going have lots of power behind it.
Google: MeeGo’s ‘Saviour’ Heads To China: Jolla Signs Deal With Chinese Retailer D.Phone
10. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Wish all the best to you, Jolla! Good luck!
20. skinny95black (Posts: 113; Member since: 06 Jan 2013)
Why are you down voted is it wrong to wish good luck for people now ?
12. TheBitterTruth (unregistered)
MeeGo was the best UI !!!
13. TheBitterTruth (unregistered)
Release you phone ASAP!
15. lubba (Posts: 1313; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)
@plesman... Even though in china, still a big battle. Android and clones, Apple, and WP are there. I don't see them wiing battles in china.
16. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6895; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
How bout showing or talking bout jolla phone instead of talking bout these greedy ceo's
18. Bilpocalypse (Posts: 301; Member since: 13 Oct 2012)
I am personally excited to see what Jolla can do with Sailfish. However, it seems like they need to move a little faster and actually get it on the market while WP is still small and the new Blackberry OS is still struggling to make headway.