"It won't be long" until the the T-Mobile G2x receives the Gingerbread update
0. phoneArena 24 Apr 2011, 13:23 posted on
T-Mobile sent out a tweet telling owners of the recently launched G2x that they wont be waiting too long for the Android 2.3 upgrade for their device...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3000; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
Coming soon seems to mean something completely different to what they say.
2. Lucas777 (Posts: 2137; Member since: 06 Jan 2011)
of course--its an android update... for the next five months it will be "available next month"
5. remixfa (Posts: 13913; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
its vanilla android. There is probably a dozen roms for it already.
6. skymitch89 (Posts: 1066; Member since: 05 Nov 2010)
I went and checked the G2x out at the T-Mo store when it first came out and it was really fast. Cannot wait to see how much faster it gets with Gingerbread. Also, notice that they didn't say "Android 2.3" but just said "Gingerbread"? I think that could mean that it wont be version 2.3 but maybe version 2.4 or 2.5 or something like that. Just hope that my Evo Shift gets updated fairly soon.
7. obnoxious9162775 (Posts: 32; Member since: 25 Apr 2011)
Anyone heard about the Atrix for ATT getting Gingerbread love soon?