It took LG 15 months to develop and patent the Crystal Reflection glass back of the Optimus G (video)
0. phoneArena posted on 12 Sep 2012, 06:02
The Crystal Reflection process used for the first time on the back of LG’s new Optimus G smartphone was developed and patented over a period of 15 months. Crystal Reflection gives the Optimus G’s back cover the ability to display different patterns depending on the viewing angle and lighting. The intricate polarized 3D pattern, which sparkles just under the surface, looks almost jewel-like. Laser cutting adds to the clean finish, as do the metallic highlights...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. serge327 posted on 12 Sep 2012, 06:13 3 19
Feel Korea Company like to copy people's idea. The advertisement way same like SONY Xperia phone advertisement!
38. ab2412 posted on 12 Sep 2012, 09:23 2 1
I think he is from US and Apple's fanboy coz he said "Korea Company"??
43. serge327 posted on 13 Sep 2012, 06:40 0 0
I am from Malaysia. By the way, I am Samsung S2 user.. But I am prefer SONY Xperia phone with nice UI and Design.. Also user friendly UI.. I will change my next phone to SONY Xperia T :)
7. smallworld posted on 12 Sep 2012, 06:30 3 6
Now I know why I loved the design. The face looks exactly like the Xperia GX.
26. SuperAndroidEvo posted on 12 Sep 2012, 07:16 10 2
This phone looks nothing like an iPhone or any other phone for that matter. I like that they are using something new & fresh. Also the insane specs the phone has just make it that much better.
I really want to see this phone in my hand. Verizon looks to be getting this phone as the LG Blaze. So I bet it will be here very, very soon.
So far for me it's boiling down to 3 phones, the Samsung Galaxy Note II, the rumored HTC 5" 1080p phablet, & this LG Optimus G or shall I say the LG Blaze here in the U.S.
So many choices, I am so glad I have Verizon.
30. PhoneArenaUser posted on 12 Sep 2012, 07:22 3 1
I was hoping to buy Motorola RAZR MAXX HD and I was hoping that it will come with LCD based display, but when I saw that it use OLED based display, I told for me self, THANKS BUT NO!
Now I'm waiting for LG Optimus G or any news about new Nexus device(s). :)
33. SuperAndroidEvo posted on 12 Sep 2012, 07:47 2 2
OLED is not bad, but the new displays on the newer HTC's & LG phones have better screens. I have to agree with you on the Motorola Razr MAXX HD!
37. -box- posted on 12 Sep 2012, 08:29 2 0
I think you should do some research, serge. This is clearly an evolution of the LG Prada, which hit the market before the iphone, and from which most recent smartphone designs get some "inspiration"
24. XiphiasGladius posted on 12 Sep 2012, 07:06 4 1
If only LG could update their software (bug fixes included) like what SONY, Samsung & HTC does then I personally don't see any reason why not to buy it come the holidays.
This phone will serve as another benchmark to evaluate the next Magical iPhone.
25. Kronic (banned) posted on 12 Sep 2012, 07:10 0 8
No matter how well specd it is, nothing is gonna change the fact that it's from LG!!! Buying an LG would damage my reputation!!!
31. CanYouSeeTheLight posted on 12 Sep 2012, 07:27 4 0
Would damage your reputation? Tell me how important you think you are.
34. PhoneArenaUser posted on 12 Sep 2012, 08:00 5 0
If your reputation are based only on mobile phone, then it is already poor reputation. :(
29. bloodline posted on 12 Sep 2012, 07:21 4 0
this with pure jelly bean - thats a phone i would buy
39. u-suck-more posted on 12 Sep 2012, 09:29 1 0
at least this is a design worth patenting. not some rectangle with rounded corners, which a 7 year old can draw in maths class or where ever
40. true1984 posted on 12 Sep 2012, 11:06 1 0
so they based the design off the Prada. iI think i'm in love with this phone
41. Simpleparab posted on 12 Sep 2012, 21:13 1 0
OMG!!!!! Was She having Optimus G in her hand at the mark of 1:37....