Is your Verizon iPhone 5 displaying time and date incorrectly?
0. phoneArena 18 Oct 2012, 02:38 posted on
Oh boy, here we go again! Apparently, the iPhone 5 has troubles telling what time and date it is, and those who suffered from the infamous alarm clock bug in iOS might be getting a feeling of déjà vu right now. There is a 21 page long thread on Apple Discussions about a glitch affecting some iPhone 5 owners, predominantly Verizon users. And according to those users, the date and time in iOS are being displayed incorrectly – off by days behind or ahead in some cases, when the smartphone is set to adjust those settings automatically...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. darktranquillity (Posts: 284; Member since: 28 Feb 2012)
Its not iphone's fault, its cause you'r in the wrong day at the wrong time.
3. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
No, it is a completely different root cause - Steve Jobs has reached out from the other side. The VZW iP5s are on Steve Jobs' date and time.... ;-)
12. MeoCao (unregistered)
iPhone 5 new unique feature.
Boy it's patented.
17. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
iDiSagree, I actually know alot of people who this has happened to and, unfortunately, the problem is rAmpAntly growing iAmok. TheoriTiCally speaking, I think it's iNception lies where the display is extended 0.30 MiLliNches, coupled with a processor overclocked to perform as a Dual-Core chip when it, in fact, is only Single-Core; of course this would mean that Apple was less than forthcoming about the true specifications of their re-brAnded and re-mArketed "stretched out iPhone 4".
21. JeffPilsner (Posts: 8; Member since: 16 Oct 2012)
Hey stupid- there's ACTUAL reports that say it OUTPERFORMS the dual-core :) and is a dual-core
25. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
How dare you speak to me you iNsolent fool; I am going to have judge Lucy Ho throw the iBook at you!
33. jroc74 (Posts: 5986; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
That was funny...lol. But seriously...I thought Apple fixed this issue long ago on the iPhone 4? Is it something in iOS? Why does this keep happening?
6. sheik (Posts: 249; Member since: 12 Sep 2012)
yeah, i have never seen an iPhone haunted by so many problems and bugs like this... Definitely Steve Jobs Midas touch is missing here....
10. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
I asked Magic 8 Ball when there will be a 6.1 release of iOS. Answer was - Soon.
30. PotDragon (banned) (Posts: 214; Member since: 22 Jul 2011)
Good thing PA posted a review already or they might have to take into account the glitches in the handset.
4. Savage (unregistered)
Apple - Its a new feature. iPhone 5 shows times from different time zones of the world when it wants. Its normal.
5. emitchell4luv (Posts: 12; Member since: 21 Jun 2012)
dat is wat happen when u don't apply enof heat to dough wen baking, u come out with half baked bread. Tons of complain about this most hype phone b4 it release. They go a release iphone 5.5 lol with correction on iphone 5. Iphone 5 a failure.
37. E.N. (Posts: 2610; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
Is this Apple's fault or is it Verizon's? We don't know yet. Sprint iPhone customers don't seem to be having any problems and they too are running on a CDMA network.
7. Max_Boost (Posts: 101; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
You're displaying it wrong (time and date). Much like the antenna problem. (You're holding it wrong). LMAO
8. B3BLW29 (Posts: 238; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
Somebody call Fringe Division to check this, may be there is time-space distortion :D
9. BattleBrat (Posts: 1432; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
Damn, with an iPhone 5 you won't know where, and now, when you are, you'll truly be lost! LOL
11. B3BLW29 (Posts: 238; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
Or iPhone takes alternate reality concept too far :D
13. ilia1986 (unregistered)
Another day, another iPhone 5 flaw. Another grin on my face. I've been grinning alot, since 2007. :D
14. voxmarc (Posts: 331; Member since: 22 Aug 2012)
it's the Time Travel feature...because iP5 is so fast....
15. harvinder2111 (Posts: 5; Member since: 17 Jan 2012)
imagine you are in the post-apocalyptic world with no one around... the only way to survive is to reach place "X" at time "T" on day "D"...
guess what you are only left with an iphone5....
18. someones4 (Posts: 624; Member since: 16 Sep 2012)
Tim cook: Don't worry, this is perfectly normal. Currently, Apple is planning a new update to reset time in the world. Therefore, the phone is right, but you are not.
19. hybrid06339 (Posts: 23; Member since: 16 May 2012)
Apple changing the world one day at a time
20. JuAli (Posts: 13; Member since: 12 Oct 2012)
"The Towers are sending incorrect data!!! "Lmao! Epic fail once again
22. JuAli (Posts: 13; Member since: 12 Oct 2012)
Its like those V8 commercials! "Should of got a Droid" Lmao!
23. spencerlewis8 (Posts: 2; Member since: 15 Jan 2012)
Yesterday my iPhone 5 was saying it was August 29th....
24. fervid (Posts: 183; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
"That data is tha(e)n sent to the devices connected to the network." Then, not than...why are so many people getting that wrong lately?
26. nwright94 (unregistered)
My verizon 5 shows the correct date and time. No problems here. Ill probably be down voted into oblivion for not having problems though.
27. benzb (Posts: 48; Member since: 19 Jan 2012)
I am not and Apple Fanboy or anything. As a matter of fact, I own an iPhone and a HTC One with T-Mobile. With that said, both iOS and Android have their bugs and problems. Neither of them are perfect. I do experience the stupid time and date bug on the iPhone as I have service with Verizon. However, I am not so anal about it because I know that it is a bug and will be killed on the next update. (Apple already announced that they are aware of this and other issues and they will correct them on the next update.) It fascinates me how people become so in love with a particular phone or OS that they just enjoy bashing it's rival.
Android and iOS both have their strengths and weaknesses. This is why I own both so I can enjoy the strengths of each and have the best of both worlds. Both Google and Apple have a lot of work to do to make their OS even close to perfect.
28. dragonstkdgirl (Posts: 144; Member since: 07 Apr 2012)
My Droid on Verizon has the date and time right..... Hmm.... must be the towers ;o)
29. tokuzumi (Posts: 918; Member since: 27 Aug 2009)
Apple devices do not have bugs...only undocumented features ;-)
But, in all seriousness, this will most likely be an easy fix, and will be taken care of soon.
31. shirtlessrabbit4 (Posts: 40; Member since: 07 Oct 2012)
When you didn't think there was anything left for apple to screw up......
34. JunkCreek (Posts: 407; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
come on people, it is CLEARLY VERIZON'S FAULT! even i hate Apple, but i'm not a hater. my galaxy y using indosat had this issue already and it's all because the network at indosat. please.
35. jroc74 (Posts: 5986; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
Ok...where are the reports of .....all the other phones on Verizon.............having this issue?
My RAZR has never had this issue....and I had it since 11-11-2011. I think one phone I had was doing this...a Droid 1, old phone...and it was because I kept it on airplane mode 24/7 since it wasnt activated anymore. Once I took airplane mode off, it was fine.
Either that or its because its going on 3 years old.
36. JunkCreek (Posts: 407; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
well, if it didn't affect other phones and IF IT DID ONLY AFFECT iDEVICE = AP(PL)E.