Is your Samsung Galaxy S4 screen giving you the scrolling blur and purple/pink inversion treatment? You are not alone
0. phoneArena 02 May 2013, 08:24 posted on
We are experiencing some of those with our own Galaxy S4, and dismissed screen issues with the phone as isolated incident, but we got sent link to a whole XDA thread, then we saw another one, which are now dedicated to various blips with the touted 5" Full HD AMOLED display from Samsung...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
145. amiroo (Posts: 269; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
bye bye sami..
u r better learn of htc one.
3. MC1123 (Posts: 1254; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
so how can you rate it 9.3?
PA stop being a fanboy!
4. clevername (Posts: 1435; Member since: 11 Jul 2008)
Wonder if Sammy will address this, and if so, what could they do?
5. microsoftnokiawin (Posts: 1089; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
brace yourself the fan boys are coming
(from both sides)
37. Azure01 (Posts: 127; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Honestly the fanboys on the HTC side have started to outnumber that of the Samsung side, If you can't tell by the green thumbs one gets when they show HTC support and Samsung hate. I just personally want to see how well these fanboys effect sales on both sides.
6. pwnarena (Posts: 1019; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
this is similar to what a few have reported about the xperia z. i think it's an issue for just a few devices. with the xz, the issue was with the different display manufacturers used. i just don't know if samsung also uses different manufacturers for their displays. if not, it could be a very minimal problem down the production line.
7. ksenia (Posts: 25; Member since: 29 Apr 2013)
i want to see what Samsung fanboys will say lol. and they talk about htc hahahah
146. nogetch (Posts: 11; Member since: 23 Feb 2013)
Well all of em are not actually fanboys...!!
Sammy is paying those guys to lick their dildo !!!
8. cornerofthemoon (Posts: 550; Member since: 20 Apr 2010)
I played with a G4 yesterday. It actually looks much better in person than I expected but clearly, Sammy has some bugs to fix as the sales lady at Best Buy couldn't get several of the features (ie eye tracker) to work and the phone crashed on us in mid-demonstration.
9. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
The fanboy battle begins in 3.....2.....1..... (HONK!!!!!) :)
12. JunitoNH (Posts: 1188; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
Very common problem with Samsung products. My Galaxy Nexus is even worse, just learned to ignore it. However, after contacting support and not getting anywhere. I Would never buy another $amsung product again, especially when a person is spending $649 of their hard earned money.
16. Rayanx10 (Posts: 45; Member since: 30 Mar 2013)
now the Samsung sheps will come and say no the screen and the s4 is prefect hahahaha in your face same-sung slaves
30. tedkord (Posts: 6532; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
You have us confused with hardcore Apple fans, who to this day insist there was no Antenna problem with the iPhone 4.
If this is true (I haven't seen an S4 yet), then its unacceptable. Samsung needs to either fix it, or fully refund the consumers (at the consumers choice)
35. androiddownsouth (Posts: 598; Member since: 02 May 2012)
Ted, you gotta admit though that many Sammy fans are starting to get as hardcore with the "everything else sucks" stance as hardcore Apple fans.
Not everyone is like that of course but the trend is there to see.
148. ecmedic4 (Posts: 213; Member since: 02 May 2013)
Not true, i admitted the iPhone 4 had antenna issues, i owned one and can truely say it did drop signal when held in a certain spot and your hand bridged the connection between the 2 antenna's. But to be fair, every company is gonna have some issues, just fact of mass producing products, no single phone is ever going to be PERFECT, as they are designed and built by humans and humans are def. not perfect. I always put my phones in an otterbox no matter what phone it is, so i didnt really have any issues with my signal. Have an iPhone 5 now and it works wonderfully, have no complaints for it thusfar, and its simply what i prefer to use right now. Im not a hardcore fan of any company though, as fanboys from any company annoy me.
47. joey_sfb (Posts: 3981; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Nothing is perfect, when you buy things please do your own research. Otherwise getting a lemon would be a great reminder of that.
I quite happy that Samsung is getting the bad rep, it will mean they have to adjust their price lower... Keep up the rant!!! :)
17. joey18 (Posts: 574; Member since: 20 Jul 2010)
amazing colors htc one rocks samy your cheap galaxy make me cry
87. tedkord (Posts: 6532; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Samsung has been making HTC cry for several years, now.
18. terabyteRouser (Posts: 457; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
you all do realize that samsung had a case against it by Taiwan accusing them of paying people to post online comments favoring samsung phones and discrediting rivals.
19. micmic9999 (Posts: 11; Member since: 03 Jan 2012)
Confirm the issue the same as the video above on my S4 just got my S4 5 days ago 27th of Apr - from Singapore :)
21. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1163; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
You're scrolling the screen in a wrong way.
22. Ninetysix (Posts: 1845; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
The Samesung fans usually hide in threads like these. Pity..
24. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1163; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
hahaha. they sure do need that puremotion HD+
29. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
PhoneArena gave TROLL a "vacation" to India, 6 Days 1 Night! :)
45. Emily1985 (Posts: 123; Member since: 08 Nov 2012)
Hiding under a rock and waiting for some bad news about Nokia, Apple and Blackberry.
34. Scorpion (Posts: 102; Member since: 28 Apr 2012)
Here's a solution - Don't be an early adopter. The price will go down, and the screen will go better. Other than that midrange phones are pretty good today, and they mostly use proven tech. Not a revolutionary/glitchy one.
Buy what you need, not what Samsung want's you to. They're after your money, that's why they throw 50 features, a bigger screen - And call it a day. Same with Apple and their Iphone, with amazing features, introduced years ago on Android. 4 inch screen...
38. sharks (Posts: 189; Member since: 16 Feb 2013)
And that's all the news we needed to know, folks!!
The display is one of the most fundamental piece of hardware on these full HD flagship phones of 2013 and this news should convince the remaining skeptics if they're tied with either choosing the S4 or the HTC One and allow the latter to reign as the supreme smartphone of 2013!
41. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 765; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
whatt?? i havnt got my s4 yet,, shud i cancel my order or it can be fixed w/ software update??
i visited xda and there are so many theories :) samsung pls fix this and dont let this happen on n3 :)
52. chocolaking (Posts: 490; Member since: 22 May 2012)
You should just stick with the S3 or NoteII.
cancel the preorder
63. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 765; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
I cancld it already, but if there will be a immediate solution from samsung then ill contnue w/ my preorder :)
48. alltechinside (Posts: 248; Member since: 21 Apr 2013)
It's probably a software problem. Hopefully Samsung quickly fixes the problem.
55. Xtasy (Posts: 276; Member since: 13 Jan 2013)
And i bet the baterry still sucks haha... No real innovation here just usless gimmicks that dum people fall for
72. Xtasy (Posts: 276; Member since: 13 Jan 2013)
You bet. All those losers who troll on Blackberry posts, it's payback time Bi*cH
78. Xtasy (Posts: 276; Member since: 13 Jan 2013)
Why are u mimicking what i say lol. I spelled it correctly and I meant what i said so go suck on a nut u retard
111. Nephylim (Posts: 134; Member since: 04 Apr 2013)
lol.....Im not mimicking !!!
Im quoting "payback time" bcuz it sounds funny and stupid
now.... who is the retard ?
108. tedkord (Posts: 6532; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Seriously. Where's the extra row of icons?
58. cripton805 (Posts: 1133; Member since: 18 Mar 2012)
Considering nobody else has reported this and how then they praise the Nokia all of a sudden out of nowhere. I call BS.
62. ahhxd717 (Posts: 330; Member since: 08 Dec 2011)
Hmm.. Why don't you look at the he source link and see the pages of forums complaining about the issue? Don't think it's BS.
60. Nephylim (Posts: 134; Member since: 04 Apr 2013)
Dont worry.... software issues ;)
Waiting for fw updates
73. Xtasy (Posts: 276; Member since: 13 Jan 2013)
You might have to wait a few months... Good luck with that lol
123. CanYouSeeTheLight (Posts: 1044; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
Funny, if you do remember the S3 got 4.1 before the One X right? Do you also remember the S3 update was catastrofic and bug infested? I'd rather have my update later and bug free than a bug fest.
125. Nephylim (Posts: 134; Member since: 04 Apr 2013)
All software bugs can be solved...RIGHT?
the news is dated 12 jan 2013
67. darkkjedii (Posts: 14491; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
This is interesting. Hope it's an easy fix for s4 owners.
74. androiddownsouth (Posts: 598; Member since: 02 May 2012)
I hope so too but it does make for some amusing theatre to read the back and forth of people arguing about this lol.
91. ecmedic4 (Posts: 213; Member since: 02 May 2013)
i have to agree. Im kinda new here, just registered but have been reading articles on here for a good while. I get quite a bit of amusement out of the comments section as well. The fanboy wars are nonsense, but entertaining at times as well.
105. darkkjedii (Posts: 14491; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Lol yes bro... They're going to go at it about this one.
89. tedkord (Posts: 6532; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
This is why I don't buy anything on launch day. Everything has bugs, and if I wait I get to see if these bugs are easily ironed out, or are actual design failures. I hope for all those early adopters it is an easy fix. If not, Samsung had better be really liberal with it's return/refund policy.
106. darkkjedii (Posts: 14491; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Ted your rite on point with this one