Is this what the front of the Apple iPhone 6 will look like?
0. phoneArena 08 May 2014, 14:35 posted on
Earlier today, we showed you a picture that allegedly reveals the back of the Apple iPhone 6 dummy. Similar to other alleged photographs of the next iPhone, including one purportedly snapped by a Foxconn insider, the design shows a more rounded design. The leaked picture came from a tweet sent by Sonny Dickson. You might recall Dickson as being a big player last year in the huge number of leaks that showed off the plastic casing of the iPhone 5c...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. TechDork (Posts: 292; Member since: 10 May 2010)
Is it just my eyes, or does the screen have a slight curvature?
4. Scott93274 (Posts: 4091; Member since: 06 Aug 2013)
Same here. it looks convex making it appear bloated.
5. iampayne (Posts: 322; Member since: 12 Aug 2013)
Maybe its already over heating and ready to explode
9. datphoneguy (Posts: 154; Member since: 15 Sep 2013)
Well it is a plastic dummy, so there's not much to read into this IMO....
10. Ashoaib (Posts: 3229; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
Reminding me of an old phone probably some LG phone, dont remember the name now
34. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4273; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
You're right. You can see the reflection of the light bend around the side. A few other phones do this; it helps gestures flow more easily.
2. true1984 (Posts: 822; Member since: 23 May 2012)
it looks lika mix of the m8 and the one x and still kind of ugly
33. Doakie (Posts: 1865; Member since: 06 May 2009)
I was just going to say looks like an M8 with an iPhone screen stuck on the front... Apple sure has become just like any other copycat electronics company. First following in the M7's footsteps with a 4.7" screen and combining that with a M8 design... I wonder if they hired away HTCs design guy, there was a rumor he was leaving the company.
35. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4273; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
What do you mean they copied the M8's design? The M8 uses the same sort of wrap around metal design on the iPad mini/Air and iPod Touch 5th gen, just with a curved back instead of a flat one. This is to be expected, HTC and Apple made an agreement in 2012 that stated they could use each other's ideas and patents without licensing; they're practically partners.
HTC has taken some design elements from Apple, and Apple used HTC's idea of larger pixels rather than higher megapixels, though they implemented it differently. Apple uses a slightly larger sensor with the same amount of megapixels in the iPhone 5S, while HTC uses the same size sensor with less megapixels on the One M7 and M8.
7. hmd74 (Posts: 476; Member since: 31 Jan 2013)
When it is introduced, all iFans will say it's the most beautiful:|
16. Sauce (unregistered)
Who owns the zombie horde you're in?
23. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
That was funny
It represents Galaxy S series
29. mr.techdude (Posts: 569; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
And they will sell their organs to get one of the new iPhones cause it's PREEECCCIIOOUUSS
27. tatail (Posts: 247; Member since: 08 Jan 2010)
It'll the most beautiful iPhone, to date.
6. iampayne (Posts: 322; Member since: 12 Aug 2013)
What would be amazing is if they put a notification light around the touch ID
24. wilsong17 (unregistered)
Don't you use flash
14. PBXtech (Posts: 1032; Member since: 21 Oct 2013)
I actually kinda like the look of this, minus that stupid home button. When I look at the face of my G2, the bezel on the top and bottom is very small. Thanks to the Apple home button, it's always going to be huge as long as they keep it a circle of that size. Time for Apple to think differently, ditch or modify the home button, and make a larger screen phone without increasing the actual size of the device that much. The home button has been there since the first iPhone, time to come up with something new and have the interface evolve like the rest of the phone has.
15. engineer-1701d (Posts: 3259; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
i like the look of it but its os i hate.
17. Danini1112 (Posts: 50; Member since: 22 Jun 2013)
LoL, Hello Galaxy S3: tinyurl.com/kw6ukqs
18. JOHNNY8573 (Posts: 43; Member since: 11 Nov 2013)
OMG>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>LOOKS LIKE EVERY OTHER IPHONE........
19. StanleyG88 (Posts: 231; Member since: 15 Mar 2012)
Starting to look more like a Sammy, guess Sammy must have copied it. Apple better sue because the new iPhone looks some like a Sammy S3. Samsung must have copied.
20. PermanentHiatus (Posts: 267; Member since: 22 Jun 2012)
Looks like a Galaxy S4 with an ugly home button.
21. JoshuaDK (Posts: 16; Member since: 08 May 2014)
It looks Line an old LG phone, but I might buy it anyway depending on the material it is made of. Do not want some cheap plastic like the Samsung S5. I do not like to be called a zombie just because I like the iPhone. I agree that iOS is ugly, but the phone works and I have yet yo have any bad experiences with Apple or iOS.
I have tried Lumia 920 and WP8, and it was an experience I won't go back to within the next many years. Android was even worse, because within two weeks of buying the LG Optimus 2x the phone had to be sent back. Had the phone for three month, well I owned the phone, but for only had it on me for three weeks since I had to keep sending it back and even exchanged it. Was a horrible phone and it got even worse because on the day I bought a new phone with iOS. Google shut down my account without a reason.
If the rumors of a Samsung Prime made of metal I might leave iPhone and iOS behind.
22. E34V8 (Posts: 84; Member since: 16 Dec 2011)
I don't know this will be the final design, but it looks the same as previous iPhones. I get that they want to keep their style, but it's very boring now.
And why do they need such large bezels? Why?
32. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3806; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
Because iPhone owners are rich enough to afford large bezels. It's just like the large bezels on their homes.
25. phatdaddio21 (Posts: 15; Member since: 17 Aug 2013)
If Apple took a Galaxie. 5 and put the Apple logo on it you Sammy boys would hate it ,,,,,,fact is apple just makes a better phone and y'all Sammy boys hate that fact ,,and oh yeah the designer of the Galaxie got de moted today for poor design ,,so take that and put it in your pipe and smoke it ,,,hahahahaha
26. StanleyG88 (Posts: 231; Member since: 15 Mar 2012)
Exactly, in what way is the iPhone better?
28. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
It's not better in any way accept good apps
30. StanleyG88 (Posts: 231; Member since: 15 Mar 2012)
So the iPhone is only better if it happens to have a better app that does what you want? Only until someone writes a better app on Android.
31. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
IPHONE is an app launcher phone
Subpar mediocre device
37. robertkoa (Posts: 87; Member since: 27 Apr 2014)
I thought that Apple would take the 4. 7 " screen and put it
into a beautiful 5. 1" Metal Body and have an extremely powerful
compact Device and it would be a huge hit.
And Android Designer s/ Manfacturers would realize that SOME of us
want a Pocket Rocket powerful phone about , this size and we would all live happily ever after with some powerful 4. 7 " screens with full specs for Android and.. some .Phablets...
But you are saying Apple is going to make a 4. 7" screen into a
5.5" Tall Phone ? No oooooo ooo.
The 2021 Android Evolution 12 will have a 15" Screen , require two
people to place a call , but a beautiful 8 K screen....