Is this the low-priced Apple iPhone or just a sales pitch for an Android flavored knock-off?
0. phoneArena 06 Jul 2013, 23:33 posted on
On Saturday, accessory re-seller Techdy obtained what is believes to be the rear shell from the low-priced Apple iPhone and the display assembly from the same device; Techdy says that the two are a perfect fit and together reveal that the budget version of Apple's iconic smartphone will still have a 4 inch screen...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. Jason2k13 (Posts: 642; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
"a quad-core 1.7GH Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 processor under the hood, 2GB of RAM and 8GB of native storage. There is an 8MP rear facing snapper that takes video in 1080 x 1920,and a 2MP front-facing camera. The 2300mAh battery can recharge using Qi compatible wireless technology. Android 4.2.2 is installed. The phone comes in 5 colors and is priced at $199."
wow this iphone clone has impressive specs for its price.
6. Commentator (Posts: 2412; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Most likely better specs than whatever the low-cost iPhone will feature, in all honesty.
Minus the screen resolution, it fits right in with current-gen Android flagships.
16. BillyG (Posts: 305; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
probably better spec, but iphone still more useful and got better performance... it happens with all android devices, those high end such as gs4 , htc one etc only better in spec, but still not better in pic/sound/phone quality than old iphone5
20. tedkord (Posts: 4747; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Not so much.
I didn't even bother adding the HTC One reviews showing it has a better screen and sound than the iPhone 5, there are so many I'm sure you've read some.
28. stealthd (Posts: 962; Member since: 12 Jun 2011)
Nor did you add reviews that found since HTC doesn't have the One's screen calibrated, it isn't really any better that the 5's (which is calibrated).
30. CanYouSeeTheLight (Posts: 822; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
Every, and i repeat every display is calibrated, some have better calibration but there is no such thing as "doesn't have the One's screen calibrated". Does Apple say "calibrated screen" as a selling point now? Or do you think "retina" is the only calibrated display on the world.
31. tedkord (Posts: 4747; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Can't add what I haven't seen. I haven't seen a single review that didn't call the One's screen as good as, usual better than the iPhone's. Haven't seen a single one that even put the iPhone's sound equal to the One.
22. weinerslav (Posts: 126; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
Go take your medication you're clearly delusional...
25. ardent1 (Posts: 1997; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
weinerslav, there is a saying in life: It takes one to know one.
I take it you're an expert in being delusional because.....
29. Commentator (Posts: 2412; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Well then it's a great comfort to know that all doctors that diagnose people with terminal illnesses are themselves riddled with terminal illnesses. If I ever get one I know who to identify and turn to.
4. Droid773 (Posts: 27; Member since: 22 Dec 2012)
Fuk appppple. Just get whatever you like and be happpy.. Im a Sammy and Sony family.
7. wendygarett (unregistered)
As long it has Apple logo in it, iTake it :)
14. MartianMe (unregistered)
B!tch i thought you liked Samsung and hated apple????? .. You are one confused human being ...Aren't ya??
27. CanYouSeeTheLight (Posts: 822; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
Not sure what he/she is, in the pic that is not the person, that is iJustine from youtube..
26. ardent1 (Posts: 1997; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
It's her attempt at iSarcasm, which as you noticed is an iFail.
8. Igneel (unregistered)
Man, this is a better deal than the cheapest iPhone..
9. iushnt (Posts: 644; Member since: 06 Feb 2013)
This is even better deal that the ip5..i just doubt the camera's quality..
13. anirudhshirsat97 (Posts: 388; Member since: 24 May 2011)
That is a fake? Specs speak otherwise
17. rallyguy (Posts: 548; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
Isn't the iPhone 4 and 4S considered the budget cell phone? You can get them for free on contract. Can't get any lower price than that.
18. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6459; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Probably have a crappy battery life. They just make it more curve like
19. Sharky (Posts: 118; Member since: 24 Jun 2008)
Specs on the android version as suspect. Says you can use it on Verizon yet the bands listed are GSM. Also says that it has wifi AC available. Really? Wouldn't be surprised if it didn't have a Snapdragon 600 processor. It's probably a quad core MediaTek processor or Tegra 3, which would be the two cheapest quad core processors available.