Is this the long awaited Nexus 8, pictured at last?
0. phoneArena 05 Jun 2014, 05:15 posted on
Recent posts on MYCE that referenced a device called "flounder," are among the most recent indications that the mythical Nexus 8 tablet is indeed real. Google is known to use fish as code names for its Nexus devices. The MYCE posts also refer to a 64-bit Tegra processor that would be powering the slate. On Thursday, a leak out of Asia came with a couple of leaked pictures allegedly showing the Nexus 8 tablet, and some new specs...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. alrightihatepickingusernames (Posts: 474; Member since: 29 Dec 2013)
Doesn't look like a Nexus 10 this time.
3. garlic456 (Posts: 251; Member since: 24 Dec 2012)
This can't be real. Look at those bezels...
34. nexusdude (Posts: 151; Member since: 22 Aug 2013)
It says 100% real on the second pic. It HAS to be real.
5. Japultra (Posts: 114; Member since: 16 May 2014)
This slate is more bezel than anything else. Horrendous.
7. Smokin (Posts: 120; Member since: 10 Oct 2013)
Comparable to old iPads' bezels. Huge. This looks awful.
10. wilsong17 (unregistered)
12. FingerMyApple (unregistered)
After all the Awful experience on nexus 7, I'll try my best to stay away android tablet, people try to make tablets a computing experience, if tablets apps taste like smartphones, what's the point of getting it when I already had a smartphones?
All fandroid claim variety of customization on android tab is full of Bulls**t , lack of cases, lack of keyboard experience, lacks of bagages to choose, even lack of business integration apps. even my little sister bored of this toy.
13. amiaq (Posts: 509; Member since: 30 Jun 2012)
ahh ... "customization" definition from an iFan, - "cases, keyboards etc". I think you're confused it with term "accessories". Anyway, keep using Apple. Android might be too complex for you. In short Tic Tac Toe is for you, but not Sudoku.
21. ikenvape (Posts: 175; Member since: 28 May 2014)
Now I'm not going to swear at you because judging by your avatar, you're a misguided child. Question for your statement. So what do you plan to do with your next tablet?
23. FingerMyApple (unregistered)
Rather a m$ tablet than android by any means :)
24. skinny95black (Posts: 113; Member since: 06 Jan 2013)
If you wanted an m$ tablet over the nexus 7 it's your choice and actually I like m$ but all the talk about customization really got to go android has the biggest ability to customise far bigger than wp and even the new ios 8 this coming from a wp fan
25. FingerMyApple (unregistered)
Any customization to benefit my career ?
29. skinny95black (Posts: 113; Member since: 06 Jan 2013)
Can't really tell you recommend you since you have the n7 wich is easy to customise but I can recommend you that if you wanted switch to wp get the 2050 if you wanted rt but if you wanted a full pc experience there is so much to choose from
14. boosook (Posts: 1424; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
Fake. I don't believe that Google will release an 8'' tablet with such big bezels.
15. karamelakimo (Posts: 109; Member since: 26 May 2014)
I think it's a fake
But whatever I prefer ipads over android if I look for a tablet and the choice for many reasons to me
But in case of mobile go for android for sure
16. Jishnusur (Posts: 73; Member since: 07 Oct 2013)
This is the reason "I don't want to live on this planet anymore" :P
18. GreekGeek (Posts: 1276; Member since: 22 Mar 2014)
If this is real, then Google must've gone nuts to approve that design
19. iMemo (Posts: 110; Member since: 22 Feb 2014)
Hmm... If Htc is making it, then its not fake. Don't forget that Htc loves thick bezels!
20. NotAGeek (Posts: 279; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
If htc ditch their logo and don't use the front facing speaker then the bezel will be slimmer
22. iampayne (Posts: 322; Member since: 12 Aug 2013)
When did bezels become the enemy of the state?
26. skinny95black (Posts: 113; Member since: 06 Jan 2013)
I hope that this has the k1 i really wanted to see how it will perform since I heard that it wiped the flor with the 801
27. skinny95black (Posts: 113; Member since: 06 Jan 2013)
I really wanted to see how the k1 will perform ever since I heard that it wiped the flor with the 801 this is gonna be great
30. tokuzumi (Posts: 935; Member since: 27 Aug 2009)
That looks like a cheap Chinese tablet, that you would find at Big Lots.
31. gehrig (Posts: 298; Member since: 17 Apr 2014)
I think I just choked on all that bezel. FAKE!!!
35. o0Exia0o (Posts: 895; Member since: 01 Feb 2013)
I HOPE YOU ALL REALIZE THAT THIS TABLET, IF IT WERE THE UNRELEASED NEXUS 8, WOULD BE ENCASED IN A CONFIDENTIALITY CASE TO PROTECT IT FROM BEING UNVEILED TO THE PUBLIC BEFORE IT WERE LAUNCHED! THOSE ARE NOT THE BEZELS OF THE DEVICE, THAT IS THE CASE THAT IT IS IN, LOOK MORE CLOSELY AT THE PHOTOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
36. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
I thought Google would correct some of Suck T C's bad habits but I guess I was wrong.....lol this is going to be even worse than I thought. Lol
37. scsa852k (Posts: 329; Member since: 16 Oct 2012)
That is THE ugliest thing I've ever seen in my entire life.