Is this the Sony i1 Honami?
0. phoneArena 27 Jun 2013, 18:57 posted on
The other day, we showed you a rendering of a Sony handset that allegedly was the eagerly awaited Sony i1 Honami cameraphone; at this point, we're not exactly sure what model that was because newly leaked pictures claim once again to be that of the high-end Android model. And there are some good reasons to believe that the previous picture did not the Honami after all...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. papss (unregistered)
Love Sony's styling of phones having sharp edges, back is pretty plain looking though, I'm sure that will change a bit. Seems to have a huge speaker at the bottom but was hoping for front speakers since it was going to be so big...of course that's IF this is the real phone
13. abcdefgh (banned) (Posts: 471; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
this is fake.the metallic button(lock key) found here is on opposite side
19. abcdefgh (banned) (Posts: 471; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
this pic wont matcheith this articles pic
20. james004 (Posts: 486; Member since: 15 May 2013)
This looks more like refreshed version of xperia Z with new processor and other advance specs.
14. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
The rear camera seems to be too small to be a Honami.
Probably another midrange device.
21. Dastrix (unregistered)
The design reminds me of the Xperia Z. Sony's bringing Sexy Back!!!!
26. TheLoyalist (Posts: 26; Member since: 11 Feb 2013)
Can't you see that there is a case on it? Seems to be leather. Just to not show the back of the phone.
31. smallworld (Posts: 484; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
That's not the actual back, it's a case to hide the true design.
2. a_merryman (Posts: 749; Member since: 14 Dec 2011)
That is basically entirely bezel-less! Wow, not sure How I feel about that sideband of metal though....
3. oister85 (Posts: 487; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
Hopefully comes with flash. FLASH SONY FLASH
4. bugsbunny00 (Posts: 2025; Member since: 07 Jun 2013)
it sure has a xenon flash bottom/side of the lens, very thin bezel. this might be the real thing ill just keep my fingers cross till final..
5. Tsoliades (Posts: 228; Member since: 22 Dec 2012)
Wow, that's gorgeous. I hope they don't put any logos on it like a Nexus and keep it looking that pretty...
7. pwnarena (Posts: 1129; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
if that is indeed honami, say goodbye to the fancy and powerful camera. that camera lens shouts "same old xperia z story" -- a bump in the pixel count does not mean anything good. no more EOS and galaxy s4 zoom competitor.
8. Genersis (Posts: 217; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Doesn't look like a Sony phone, but I could be wrong.
A bit too much on the ugly side in my opinion.
9. Avenger337 (Posts: 81; Member since: 14 Apr 2013)
Sony is launching next generation devices Honami very powerful and this is proof of that.
10. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
Need a better picture.
11. DerryAhmad (Posts: 275; Member since: 05 May 2012)
The phone follows the Xperia Z design except Picture no.4.
I think no.4 uses back case since the metal skeleton frame cannot be seen (covered).
It seems it will have Xenon Flash alongside the LED flash. And that speaker is huuge!
This leak could be legit.
12. clevername (Posts: 1436; Member since: 11 Jul 2008)
Seems legit. Could be a Chinese knock off of a Sony product though. Hard to say without branding. Leaks are fun
15. hkxm8 (Posts: 64; Member since: 08 Apr 2012)
Xperia Honami will also have the ZU screen tech(pencil, pen,...), walkman chip inside and stereo speaker. Interchangeable lens is just rumor 50/50. Nah, insufficient money.
16. shikroi (Posts: 187; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
I don't think this is the Honami. No way a 2/3" sensor is fitting in that.
17. jb4674 (Posts: 145; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
I saw a different picture at a Brazilian site called techtudo dot com (sorry guys, I can't post url's bc phone arena has a retarded policy that you have to have 30+ posts before you can do that).
18. abcdefgh (banned) (Posts: 471; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
is this the picture u talking abt?
22. Aizazpahat (Posts: 1; Member since: 28 Jun 2013)
Please Phonearena Provide Us A review of Xperia ZR and Xperia M,
I am Waiting for these reviews for A Long Time.
B'coz I want know More About these Phones.
23. Timmehor (Posts: 599; Member since: 09 Mar 2013)
Looks kinda like a square Lumia 925. Nice.
25. emadshiny (Posts: 1144; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
it seems to be the ear piece as it is at the top of the phone
but why so big??!
34. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1163; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
additional loudspeaker? (for treble) the bottom would be for bass booster
28. cyborg009 (Posts: 112; Member since: 17 Sep 2011)
I want to see how they are going to make interchangeable lens work!
30. DontHateOnS60 (Posts: 867; Member since: 20 Apr 2009)
If this is really what they're pitching as "the camera phone", then there really is no hope for Sony. This is just pitiful... Oh, and that amazing camera... Yeah, that's not fitting in there at all.