Is this the Samsung Galaxy S III?
0. phoneArena 20 Apr 2012, 04:03 posted on
The Samsung Galaxy S III is shrouded with a cloud of mystery thanks to Samsung taking security extremely seriously, but this time the Galaxy S III might have finally leaked out…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Mark.J.Linskiy (unregistered)
Looks a bit thick, but I'm sure the official one won't disappoint anyone in looks. Great specs, will be a very nice phone for sure!
6. santaclaus (Posts: 52; Member since: 20 Jul 2011)
it is real. the design is same as what has been leaked. so nothing special. looks like the camera module is same as the one on Galaxy S2 (same size for the lens).
48. maverick786us (Posts: 148; Member since: 20 Apr 2012)
The design of Galaxy S2 is good. I would'nt mind if S3 has the same design. But if they use cheap plastic instead of Ceramic Glass I will never touch Samsung ever again
7. GuiltyBystander (Posts: 199; Member since: 05 Mar 2012)
Yea me too, i'm also a little bit disappointed with the specs.. :(
13. xenonn1 (Posts: 19; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
YEAH,THATS IT,i buy One X. Stupid samsung.I wanted 100% to buy s3..why sammy,why???
25. wendygarett (unregistered)
AT&T DIE AT MAY 6 AFTER GS3 MAY 3!!
20. the_s2 (Posts: 239; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
If its so, its a huge relief. I wish to hell it is the Galaxy M. If not, yeah HTC One X. But Im sure Samsung wont disappoint us..
21. wendygarett (unregistered)
FAKE!!! Y THE HECK GS3 WILL BE AT VIETNAM WHEN THE REAL IS AT LONDON!!!
YOU HEAR ME!!! ITS FAKE!!!!
54. GENARAL.LEVY (banned) (Posts: 93; Member since: 17 Apr 2012)
Please Samsung this can't
Be true no no no this is a big
Let down specs are outdated....
3. GuiltyBystander (Posts: 199; Member since: 05 Mar 2012)
Here's the video with English subtitles:
4. Victor.H (Posts: 644; Member since: 27 May 2011)
Thanks, we have the same subtitled video embedded!
66. tharag (Posts: 26; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
victor earlier there were reports of physical home button like that of s2 so how can it be s3 which is also due for home button according to your reports
5. rawbow (Posts: 428; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
Great specs... hoping for better looks... still love sense over the touchwiz but battery life will be a big factor for my choice.
8. REYNER (Posts: 187; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
it looks cool but i heard that there is also a galaxy M with the same screen design oh well i guess we just have to wait further but i have to admit galaxy s III is in a hyped at this very moment,
9. FoneAddict (Posts: 259; Member since: 05 Jul 2011)
I hope Samsung change the design because this one looks so boring and generic, no design flair whatsoever.
51. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
dont worry even if this is the s3(i dont think it is) that is just a generic case for people to test so the final design is not leaked...you honestly think the s3 will be thicker than the s2.
10. bloodline (Posts: 706; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
This is the closet to being legit leak I have seen.
Disappointed with touchwiz, still to gingerbread-ish - not overly impressed with the design.
23. wendygarett (unregistered)
SHUT UP!!! WE LOVE TOUCHWIZ!!!
11. Cyan3boN (Posts: 444; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
summing up all the ugly rumoured designs, I think the s3 isn't gonna look anything extraordinary.
12. hung2900 (Posts: 949; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
It's a real GT9300, but I think it's not Galaxy S3.
In the video he said that it's only the developer version, that's why the design and the camera are quite the same as S2.
But the things we know for sure are Mali400 GPU (disapointed, the same as... Allwinner A10) and the 720p SA (Plus?) screen.
Or maybe it's the Galaxy M.
14. azri05 (unregistered)
this is just prototype..
15. ngo2dd (Posts: 896; Member since: 08 Jul 2011)
For all the people hoping it is the Galaxy M, the M line is the middle range phone. 720p and a quad for middle range is crazy.
16. azri05 (unregistered)
well if sammy's middle range is a quad-core, their high-end is beyond imagination. lol just joking
22. ngo2dd (Posts: 896; Member since: 08 Jul 2011)
There is no way. The cost of the phone will be too high. This phone cost more then the one x and the carrier will not be able to keep the cost of the phone below 300 dollar on a contact
17. Guest_star (Posts: 231; Member since: 30 Dec 2011)
mali 400 is guite disapointing, same as SGSII...i have no doubt that it is greap GPU but it is a year old and it will be surpased very soon if it isn't allready...i expected more from SGSIII tbh...not impresed at all
75. xtremesv (Posts: 297; Member since: 21 Oct 2011)
On the smartphone Android world Mali400 is still the best GPU. Actually, only a couple Android tablets can surpass it.
18. Daca01 (Posts: 10; Member since: 20 Apr 2012)
This SGS III shown in video is one of other to come on May 3rd,and the best one it's sealed in box with better features among others.
19. sportsinger75 (Posts: 71; Member since: 11 Nov 2011)
Looks pretty accurate, and this is probably it, or close to it. Though it's looks don't appeal to me and I'm not a fan of TouchWiz on ICS. It looked ok on Gingerbread, but I'd prefer Sense 4 any day before this.
24. intos (Posts: 90; Member since: 06 Jan 2012)
mali 400 ??? WTF !!! this (i hope not real s3) preview push many steps closer to the htc one x... perhaps sasmung make a lot of money this year and they dont need more...
26. wendygarett (unregistered)
iCS? Yuck!! iOS? Yay touchwiz!!!!
27. protozeloz (Posts: 5396; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
Don't know about the internals, but that hardware looks like the one I saw at the store, and guys calm down it could easily not a final unit remember none of Tue leaked devices are final yet
28. ngo2dd (Posts: 896; Member since: 08 Jul 2011)
The Galaxy M is a dual core not a quad core big different
29. pbui.818 (Posts: 78; Member since: 06 Feb 2012)
Are you kidding me?
720×1184? Do you think I'm stupid?
Samsung would never in their right minds go to 720 without also making it 1280.
33. ngo2dd (Posts: 896; Member since: 08 Jul 2011)
It is call on screen button. The Nexus has that
30. kastor (Posts: 43; Member since: 15 Jan 2012)
for me samsung fail again,htc good with his flagship,and also sony,xperia s i prrety good,like one x
31. Jericho (Posts: 302; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
Samsung galaxy s3 will not live upto the expectation because you guys expect it to do too much. It is going to be like any other quad core phone.
Don't be like iSheeps.
And lg optimus 4x HD is better than htc one x.
16gb internal vs 25gb.
Sd card support upto 64gb.
And the rest they are about the same.
35. wendygarett (unregistered)
4x = s2 clone dumbhead!!
38. GuiltyBystander (Posts: 199; Member since: 05 Mar 2012)
The problem is that Samsung decided not to reveal the S3 on MWC so that got us really hyped up and excited. :(
Also, Samsung said that the S3 will be better than the Galaxy Nexus in every way.
40. wendygarett (unregistered)
it is exynos... of course its better...
49. eaxvac (Posts: 328; Member since: 15 Jan 2012)
agree lol, stupid sheeps hyping up like the iphone 5.
They just dont admit that they have become another typical ifans.
32. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Sammy doesn't know how to make a good-looking phones (wave was an exception). Boring plastic design again. But hardware is good enough.
8 mpx (why do you need more? Nokia is the best in this field and only SE still thinks can beat Nokia....which is a fail statement). S II makes a pretty good photos and videos.
14 ghz quad core + mali 400 (which is powerful enough even after a year), bigger battery and 720p screen. Great. Despite the design.
52. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
have you not been reading the tech news at all for the last few days...samsung have not put the s3 out to anyone not carriers,not employees with the final design cause of leaks like this...this is just a generic case for the phone to be tested in...we still dont know if this is even the gs3 cause the gti9300 has been stated to be the galaxy m....believe me if this is the design then i will be disappointed just as you but i would pretty much bet that this is not the final design just as the man in the video says its just a DEVELOPER model to test.
58. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
lol some apple fanboy is lonely and bored and has no life and is just thumbing everyone down...hmmm some people lol
34. cGmC11 (Posts: 136; Member since: 02 Apr 2012)
What happen with the 4.8" 1080p Super Amoled Plus?
43. ngo2dd (Posts: 896; Member since: 08 Jul 2011)
That was never the case. 1080p on a screen that small would cost too much to make for them.
36. pbui.818 (Posts: 78; Member since: 06 Feb 2012)
why would they go to 16:9 instead of keeping 16:10 like all their other recent devices?
why would they discount any pixels used in the notification bars when no other installation of Android does that?
Don't trust it!
53. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
discounted pixels is due to the onscreen buttons,the same was true with the galaxy nexus aswell...this is a samsung phone but it will not be the s3.
71. galanoth (Posts: 425; Member since: 26 Nov 2011)
The only 16:10 phone they have it the galaxy note right? Galaxy S II 800x480 WVGA is 15:9.
37. fishywishy (Posts: 6; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
Its a Developer version... an early version of it by the look of the from speakers....
39. tharag (Posts: 26; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
according to previous reports s3 will house physical home button but it there is no duch button here so s3 is still under cover
41. cGmC11 (Posts: 136; Member since: 02 Apr 2012)
I think that this is a refreshed Galaxy S II for mid -range market...(with similar specs on already others phone on the market today aka Galaxy Nexus HTC One X Tegra 3).
...This specs sound uninspiring for a Galaxy S III !
42. azri05 (unregistered)
Can may 3rd come any faster? I have nightmares regarding letter 'S' and number '3'
44. ngo2dd (Posts: 896; Member since: 08 Jul 2011)
The mid range is not going to have quad core, the cost alone is the reason. If Samsung want to call it a mid range then the cost can't be over 500 off contract. This phone would be over 600 dollar in the states
45. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
that looks like the live version of that phone that came from brazil as soon as you flip it over. its a bit thick, so i doubt thats the final design. oh well, we are just weeks away.. lets get it on!
46. Quist (Posts: 3; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
If Samsung doesn't at least give us a 12mp camera or a camera that is extraordinary in some other respect, I'll be taking my cash elsewhere. I got my SGSII because it had the best Android camera available at the time and I also wanted to use dual view on their smartview app with my Samsung tv. Now, they still haven't gotten the app to work with ICS and if I can't have it or the market's best Android camera in the same unit, I'll at least get a phone with a better camera. Can only hope they cop to the fact that a truly minor update would alienate their own core customers.
47. Diego! (Posts: 553; Member since: 15 Jun 2009)
That is same SGT i9300 Samsung Galaxy M people at gsmarena.com showed its pictures some while ago. It's the same product.
I believe Galaxy SIII wlll look a lot different.
50. jabberwocky (Posts: 89; Member since: 21 Feb 2012)
As it's a dev unit and Samsung has been saying nobody has the final design, I will set aside the somewhat pedestrian outline and case.
Only the Mali400 part would be disappointing on this setup from my perspective; a great screen, NFC and expandable storage. Hard to know if the battery would be replaceable, but 2000+mAh should be good with the power benefits brought with the 4412.
Assuming the final design has a bit more style, I would easily buy this over the One X.
55. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
remember people these are all just test cases if it is the s3 and not final hardware...this looks almostt exact the same as the recent gizmodo brasil leak but that had a home button where as this has on screen buttons so obviously samsung have different looking generic cases out there to be tested and as stated by many before none of the leaks are even close to the final design....to people who think this is the final design,ask yourself this do you really believe that samsung will make the s3 thicker with bigger bezels than the s2? cause this design has huge bezels and is atleast 10mm thick
56. Venkat_5.uni (Posts: 12; Member since: 06 Jan 2012)
i heard that s3 went into production with the presence of physical button....i think this is not the final version of s3....