Is this the Nokia Lumia 1520 phablet snapped next to the Nokia Lumia 1020?
The Nokia Lumia 1520 is expected to offer a 6 inch screen with resolution of 1080 x 1920 (FHD), a body made of polycarbonate, and a 20MP PureView camera. A quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon CPU will be under the hood and the picture shows the device wearing an optional back case which could mean that there will be optional wireless charging capabilities on the phablet.
The device also seems to match up with a picture of the 6 inch glass panel that we showed you last month. With the GDR3 update bringing 1080 x 1920 support to Windows Phone 8, there will be three columns of Live Tiles and users will be able to put a double wide tile next to a medium sized tile. Additionally, the proto.nokia.com etching is found on the bottom of the front display. This is a standard engraving on Nokia's prototypes.
There is speculation that Nokia will hold a media event in New York City at the end of September to introduce the Nokia Lumia 1520 and a Nokia Windows RT tablet that is code named Sirius. The Nokia Lumia 1520 is expected to launch in November.
More popular slideshows
Nokia Lumia 1520 phablet
1. wicpromd (Posts: 266; Member since: 20 Aug 2013)
More thick and More heavy??????
make it slim near to 6 mm and light as under 220 gms
2. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 1654; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
Looks slimmer than the 1020,, but will just have to see...and cant wait , till comes out..i hope i can buy this off contract unlocked :-)
52. Long1 (banned) (Posts: 399; Member since: 18 May 2013)
Shut up and stand up. The King is coming(Note 3)
All this bricks will be forgoten.
57. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 1654; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
Bow down fool... while you hold your plastic device in shame lol
60. marbovo (Posts: 617; Member since: 16 May 2013)
Would be better if not coming with all the samsung bloatware
5. valapsp (Posts: 470; Member since: 12 Aug 2011)
no need to slim it down to that size. WE NEED HUGE BATTERIES LIKE 3100mAh+ and MANUFACTURER'S SHOULDN'T SACRIFICE BATTERY SIZE FOR THINNESS.
18. SIGPRO (Posts: 398; Member since: 03 Oct 2012)
We dont need huge batteries, it will make the phone heavier.
They need to optimize the software that's all. remember Symbian 3 it could go for 3 days without charging and 3 weeks in standby mode, that is what i call awsome!
33. brrunopt (Posts: 406; Member since: 15 Aug 2013)
you didn't had 1080p screens and powerfull CPU and GPU's
47. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3277; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
A phone being heavy,❔... What are you some kind of weakling or something❔.. "It's too heavy".. Sounds like something my girlfriend would say... Jesus, she doesn't even complain about the quality feel of the weight of her 920 like some of you pansy's do... Hit the gym, and go for a device that actually feels like it's worth something... "180 grams is too heavy"" sound really bitch to me...
51. stulla (Posts: 15; Member since: 20 Jun 2012)
those phones didn't have apps that ppl used right around the clock
7. istitch (Posts: 157; Member since: 19 Mar 2013)
and they say prefer a thicker but juicier phone.. there is reason why they make it thinner, to be easier to handle, and the main concern should be the weight, a phablet of this size have to take the weight into account...a mere 30g difference could mean a lot...
if you really need more juice, you should have one portable power bank with you, not telling the oem to make the decision for EVERYONE.
9. LetsBeHonest (Posts: 641; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
A 7-8mm will be fine...
with great battery and 20mp pureview camera.
this phablet will rock...
42. akki20892 (Posts: 3275; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
it is around 8 to 9mm..........and of course this thing have huge camera around 20mp and huge battery for sure.
10. shashi.map (Posts: 30; Member since: 16 Oct 2011)
Well i think it will be thinner, and the phone in the picture has a flip case which might have added to the thickness...
44. akki20892 (Posts: 3275; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
dude, first thing u have not seen this phone, and second you can't say anything wrong about this phone.
you got a wait and watch, you will surprise and we too........!!! wait and watch because this phone will come in ring of "clash of titans"
3. Dr.Phil (Posts: 866; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
Looks impressive so far, if that is the real thing. I will be waiting to hear if Nokia is going to create any of their own applications to make use of the larger screen.
4. tusshharish (Posts: 341; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
awesome ..............now nokia haters what u gonna say for this giant....
6. cam-whore (Posts: 164; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
of course haters are gonna start with that same boring eulogy about the apps, which are useless anyways...i can tell you this bro, they are so determined.... :)
8. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 1654; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
Lol they watching, thinking of something to hate about...lol nokia FTW
20. Dr.Phil (Posts: 866; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
Just so you know there are going to be people who will dislike this phone just because they don't like the OS in general. You may not like Android or iOS. There may or may not be a reason behind it, but at the end of the day it is what it is. Some people just have certain preferences.
24. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 1654; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
I tried all OS's,,, android is becoming a little stale, to me..i think im going to give, W8 phone another try...all it needed, to me,. Was a bigger screen..and some banking apps..IMO..a litte custimazation, wouldnt hurt it either
53. stulla (Posts: 15; Member since: 20 Jun 2012)
banking apps is a must....for sotia bank,they only have scotia finder & scotia bank peru
28. ihatesmartphone (unregistered)
Boring live tiles running on phablet XD
48. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3277; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Boring Android start screen doing NOTHING WORTH WHILE AT ALL❗❗❗
49. ihatesmartphone (unregistered)
You can use widget after all....XD
54. Deaconclgi (Posts: 211; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
You do realize that live tiles are customizable/resizable widgets right...right...no?
50. ihatesmartphone (unregistered)
Or custom launcher....
58. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 1654; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
Custom launchers, that cause even more lagg...
35. artealis (Posts: 98; Member since: 15 Dec 2010)
nokia need to make giant pants for this bandit
sony need to make giant pants for xperia zu
htc need to make giant pants for one max
samsung haters said that once when galaxy mega 6.3 announced, but after 6 inch become all manufactures strategy, every htc sony nokia fansboy act like they proud about it.
36. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 1654; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
6'3 isnt that bad... its the galaxy mega ,that blows...get it right
38. Edmund (Posts: 654; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
A but like every other phone manufacturer making multi-coloured phones whilst emphasising the camera ??
43. akki20892 (Posts: 3275; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
this is one the best phone from nokia..............!!! this phone will rock around the world for damn sure...........!!!
11. TheM16 (Posts: 80; Member since: 14 Aug 2013)
WP8 is good OS smooth and all but missing many basic things like:
- Better Notification center, not the basic and stupid one we use now.
- Rotation lock.
- More background customization (tired of seeing black or white all the time) .
- Of course apps (but they have most of the popular apps - third party).
- Separate Media and Ringtone volume controller.
- Much bigger battery... This phone is really hungry and I mean it at least 3,500mah.
- Remove or change the location of the “sensitive” search button really annoying.
And this “1520 or Phablet or whatever ...” is not different than my Lumia 920 except the bigger screen and camera maybe? I don’t think it’s enough unless they roll out a major software update and soon..
22. -box- (Posts: 3714; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Read up on the alleged changes with GDR3 and WP8.1. Notification center, orientation lock, full HD screens, more than dual-core, and some elements of Windows 8.1 will.trickle down, from what I've been hearing.
27. Nokfan1603 (Posts: 26; Member since: 13 Mar 2013)
This phone will come out with GDR3 software update. It will make you happy as there will be a notification center, separate media and ringtone volume controler, rotation lock and other goodies (according to rumors). The search and back button has been moved towards the center. We will have to wait and see about the battery. To me it looks completely different compared with the 920. Anyway, much more than iphone 4, 4S, 5, 5S...
15. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 1654; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
Its a tripod stand....Anal beads%? You would know all about that huh....sick bastard lol
40. gazmatic (Posts: 523; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
of course you would know what anal beads are...
59. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 1654; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
???? It says it all.. doesnt take a rocket scienctist , to figure it out....#failresponse
13. blkjack (Posts: 17; Member since: 16 Aug 2013)
Before seeing the picture, I was concerned that Nokia may have picked the wrong size, but it doesn't look bad at all. I'd like to see another leaked photo of someone holding it before I can make a better judgement.
16. Kriksis (Posts: 78; Member since: 27 Aug 2012)
That looks like it could be ASHA 502 in the background...
17. volcano (Posts: 248; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
hope to see it in blue or dark blue.... please nokia
19. Jason2k13 (Posts: 627; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
nokia better add something new to this phablet, or else its just another lumia 920 but supersize.
I think ill get bored seeing huge boxes of tiles 24/7.
30. Pdubb (Posts: 239; Member since: 08 Aug 2011)
I can only wonder what your screen looks like that makes it so exciting!! Personally I don't spend much time looking at my screen. And I'm rocking the OG Note with all that lovely screen.
37. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 1654; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
Looks like this..http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=44287956
LG Optimus G Pro - Post Your Home Screen Here
21. -box- (Posts: 3714; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
This looks great! My one request is that there are NO MORE CARRIER EXCLUSIVES.
I might trade my Lumia 925 for this if the camera is a good balance between the 925 and 1020's, but I'd lean more towards the next-gen 1020 than a larger phone/phablet if the prices were the same.
26. sameer9108 (Posts: 1; Member since: 29 Aug 2013)
the screen seems to be pasted on this device..
the arrow for app list is shown far above than normal
45. -box- (Posts: 3714; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
The arrow goes where the bottom of the Live Tiles are, so if only a few are on the Start Screen (like the handful shown) the arrow would be up higher.
32. likemorethan1 (Posts: 46; Member since: 22 Aug 2013)
i wish the specs would be like this : 20mpx pureview + 8.1 wp + 3200mah battery + quad core 2.3GHz (like the note 3). The competition will be hot
39. piyath (Posts: 150; Member since: 23 Mar 2012)
This is a BRICK. WP is dumb. DO NOT BUY IT..
41. Kreft (Posts: 82; Member since: 27 Dec 2012)
This is pretty awesome but I just want a regular sized Nokia phone with great specs. 4.7 - 5 inches please. Still this is great for the people who like phablets. Go Nokia!
55. scumbledEGG (unregistered)
more wp8 apps please... hd graphics!!! make it fast "unity" and lets see how wp8 performs... :)
56. MistB (Posts: 551; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
That screen shot looks relatively Beta, hopefully the final version utilises as much screen estate as possible, really wanna see more Windows 8 utilisation. Either way as long as Nokia have their excellent camera at play I'm not complaining, but i reckon I'd better hold out for the upgraded model with a pureview 41mp camera and the silver metal shell. Makes me more pumped for Nokia than their competitors though, never thought i'd say that 1 year ago!