Is this the Motorola Moto X+1 starring in a video?
0. phoneArena 21 Jun 2014, 12:15 posted on
An earlier video showing off the Motorola Moto X+1, was taken down because it supposedly revealed some identifying marks. Now, with the handset covered in Saran Wrap to cover up those marks, the eagerly awaited handset returns to video. A lot of the phone's features have been disabled, like the ability of the phone to respond to "Hello Google," and we are told that the camera is working intermittently...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. mistertimi (Posts: 77; Member since: 28 May 2014)
15 Days since the first "Living with the HTC One (M8)" video. I will post this on every article until you guys do the 2nd and 3rd week write-ups...
3. mistertimi (Posts: 77; Member since: 28 May 2014)
I have one, thank you very much. I just want to read/follow the M8 journey, which they seemed to continue for the S5 but somehow forgot about the M8.
4. greenmunky (Posts: 13; Member since: 08 Oct 2013)
Just send a message to the author of the original article. You don't have to troll every thread with this crap. Self entitled whining...
15. mistertimi (Posts: 77; Member since: 28 May 2014)
It's not self-entitled whining. It's just whining, which ironically, is what you're doing about my comments lol. Smooth..
11. Dr.Phil (Posts: 1064; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
Contact PA. Don't threaten them through comments. Nobody is going to like you posting this on every article just so you can get your way.
16. mistertimi (Posts: 77; Member since: 28 May 2014)
Cheers Dr.Phil, I'll contact them there.
23. mistertimi (Posts: 77; Member since: 28 May 2014)
Update: Contacted them last night. If I don't get a reply/an article isnt up in the next 2 or 3 days, then my comment protest will continue. But for now, I'll be taking a short break for a negotiation period lol
5. eN16HTMAR3 (Posts: 198; Member since: 08 Oct 2013)
Keep em coming Moto. Having low cost phones on the market is going to stick it to the big carriers who need 2 yr. agreements to be profitable. Once that is gone. The cost for sevice will drop considerably and everyone will be able to get a good phone at a good monthly price with out being "raped" by the carriers as John L would say. lol.
14. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 8918; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
The X was anything but low cost. If you ask me I think it was too high with specs that aren't on the level of the equally priced Nexus 5.
6. Brewski (Posts: 213; Member since: 05 Jun 2012)
Well if it's anything like my Droid Maxx, you have to say 'Ok, Google NOW.' not just 'Ok, Google' and also you have to train it specifically to your voice. Maybe this is his first time with a smart phone?
8. hurrycanger (Posts: 1546; Member since: 01 Dec 2013)
Same thing on my Moto X. It has to be Okay Google Now for the Motorola's app to catch it. Even in Google Now, "Okay Google" won't activate.
7. grahaman27 (Posts: 361; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
the moto x+1 was a good 1cm taller, thats more than just a .3" screen size leap, I would guess it will have a 5.2" screen like earlier leaks suggest. BUT, I think we will also see a 4.7" version, since motomaker gives them that ability.
9. SiiLo (unregistered)
Amoled screen = check
1080p = check
5inch screen = perfect size check
SD slot = check
and all the old stuff from the moto x = check
The only thing left would make it perfect would be a removabe battery. And a bettery camera
12. fzacek (Posts: 2486; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
Do you really need a removable battery, though? It makes the phone feel less solid and well-made...
20. SiiLo (unregistered)
it's just my preference that's all.
22. vandits (Posts: 9; Member since: 29 May 2014)
yes, if/when the phone freezes, its the only out. i encounter that (tried all kinds of ways, couldnt get it to restart) and my phone's removable battery got me to restart.
10. fzacek (Posts: 2486; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
They really should have stayed below 5 inches to keep that excellent one-handed usage. Now it's just another 5 inch flagship...
13. jellmoo (Posts: 1233; Member since: 31 Oct 2011)
I think we'll have to wait and see on that. They did a great job with the original in keeping the bezels trim, and if they do the same here I think we could have another device that will still be plenty usable with a single hand.
17. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5704; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
i don't think Touchless Controls were disabled, i think he just wasn't doing it right, it's "Okay Google Now" not "Okay Google"...
i hope the Moto X+1 isn't too much bigger. i like the size of the current X a lot...
save the large screens for the Droids.
24. mistertimi (Posts: 77; Member since: 28 May 2014)
No, it's okay google. At least it is on my Xperia Z
25. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5704; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
Touchless Control on the Motorola Phones is different. Touchless Control works while the phone is locked and is triggered by the launch phrase "Okay Google Now" what you're talking about is native to the Google Search app.
27. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4250; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
"Okay Google" works for my Droid Mini.
21. jphillips63 (Posts: 211; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Come on moto give us the snapdragon 805, the 800 isold news and already outdated.
28. dmromero (Posts: 3; Member since: 24 Jun 2014)
Motorola is always behind the pack on processors. Take a look at Moto X outdated Snapdragon S4 Pro when it launched