Is this iClone a possible copy of the upcoming Apple iPhone 5?
Considering that the real Apple iPhone 5 is already being produced, and with the understanding that leaks come out of that area of the world like a sieve, it is possible that the fake in the picture is showing us what to expect from Cupertino in the next 2-3 months. And adding to this possibility, it sure looks like this unit would fit snugly into one of those alleged China produced Apple iPhone 5 cases that we reported on this weekend. And with the rounded corners and the buttons on the left side of the phone, this model resembles the picture we showed you, of what is claimed to be the Apple iPhone 5 being tested by a company employee on a train in San Francisco.
Until we see the Apple iPhone 5 in Steve Jobs' hand, we will continue to see pictures of handsets that someone claims to be the next iPhone model-it's just the nature of the beast. And while we all lucked out with the Apple iPhone 4 when the infamous prototype was found in a bar, we are sure that Apple has tightened controls on who gets pre-production units making it harder to find leaked images of Apple's next touchscreen phone.
source: giz-china via gizmodo
1. jordan.300 posted on 01 Aug 2011, 13:52 4 18
fake!! iphone 5 would be better than that! and 1st comment!
9. Irad123 posted on 01 Aug 2011, 14:19 0 3
don't be so sure... you've seen the iphones before the iphone 4, they don't look that great...
53. Fanboys Suck posted on 01 Aug 2011, 21:20 3 2
Does it really matter what it looks like? It could literally look like a heaping pile of crap, and millions of people would still buy it... amazing, huh?
12. biophone posted on 01 Aug 2011, 14:23 0 1
Buddy who cares about 1st comment. And it looks like an iPhone 4 kinda. So who knows.
18. SuperAndroidEvo posted on 01 Aug 2011, 14:40 6 1
Hey thanks for giving us your opinion, it's cool you had the first comment. I look forward to reading more of your posts. You are doing a fine job young man! :-)
24. remixfa posted on 01 Aug 2011, 15:10 5 0
real or fake, the only thing i gotta say is, if the screen actually stays that small, imma laugh my ass off. That would be a big iFail. lol
26. biophone posted on 01 Aug 2011, 15:19 0 4
I like a small screen.
28. Pretty Ricky (unregistered) posted on 01 Aug 2011, 15:27 0 2
What are you, like 8? I guess Apple's converting them younger these days.
31. taco50 (banned) posted on 01 Aug 2011, 15:36 0 3
how's that a fail when screen size is a personal preference. There's lots of people that don't want a bigger screen. Do you think everyone should be just like you? Sounds like you're a sheep.
34. remixfa posted on 01 Aug 2011, 15:41 0 0
people care about phone size. with screens getting larger and their bezels getting smaller im sure there are dozens of people (out of millions) who would prefer to stay at 3.5 inches when a 4-4.3 inch phone is the same size (and in the galaxy 1&2's case Bigger and LIGHTER).
Only you would want to pay more to get less, taco.
47. biophone posted on 01 Aug 2011, 19:02 0 0
Some people like bezels around the phone as well. I have small hands and any screen over 4 is to big. I cant type on a 4.3 phone. Its isnt a fail as really not many people offer a 3.5 inch screen and alot like them.
49. CRICKETownz posted on 01 Aug 2011, 20:58 0 0
plenty of people are turned off by 4+ in. screens. that's one of the reasons why HTC Incredible sold so well. although the 4.3 in. goodness that you & myself are attracted to seems to be a no brainer, it does come down to personal preference which i've seen various people drift to the 3.5-3.7's b/c they didn't like the bigger screens that were being offered at the time. at least that was what i was told...
25. biophone posted on 01 Aug 2011, 15:18 0 1
Your nicer then me lol. But i thumbed him up :).
37. SuperAndroidEvo posted on 01 Aug 2011, 15:52 3 0
I thumb him down by mistake. I usually zoom in on my phone but I didn't & I accidentally with my fat thumb hit the red one. lol I am sorry jordan.300. That was my bad. I wish I could edit my thumbs up or down like I can edit when I post a comment. Maybe PhoneArena.com can fix this.
55. daniel_bargs posted on 01 Aug 2011, 21:31 0 0
how better? like putting the feces of Apple's CEO?
2. NeXoS posted on 01 Aug 2011, 13:53 12 2
Yep, that's the new iPhone 5. Here's a picture of one of the Apple employees using it:
They finally fixed the antenna issue!
23. MATOZ (unregistered) posted on 01 Aug 2011, 15:08 0 0
Most of Clones; iClone, iStupidPHone, iPhony bla bla... comes with an antenna built-in...
Maybe this is an "iFishing" ... pole!!!
3. pete7625 (banned) posted on 01 Aug 2011, 14:01 5 1
I hope that's not what the iPhone 5 looks like!
11. gregoryyy3 posted on 01 Aug 2011, 14:21 2 2
if you read what the article says, its clearly states "not the Apple iPhone 5" in bold letters. idiot
19. GALAXY-S posted on 01 Aug 2011, 14:54 0 6
oohh really??... i did read it and they are saying the design maybe mimic the iphone 5 ok.. if that were the case it would be *** just like the 4!! and your the idiot .. why you getting mad isheep
30. taco50 (banned) posted on 01 Aug 2011, 15:35 3 3
reading the article goes a little beyond galaxy's comprehension level. He usually can't think past
35. remixfa posted on 01 Aug 2011, 15:43 2 3
so then he is the opposite of you?
you cant read, youve proven that a thousand times now, and the only thing u say is:
maybe u guys are long lost cousins or something? lol
nah Galaxy-S is way too smart to be related to you.. lol
42. GALAXY-S posted on 01 Aug 2011, 17:09 0 1
lol good one remixfa
nope he is no where related to me..
41. GALAXY-S posted on 01 Aug 2011, 17:04 0 1
for your info taco, i usually comment on the articles topic, but sometimes i just feel like giving you isheep a taste of your own medicine... and express myself aswell :)
52. Fanboys Suck posted on 01 Aug 2011, 21:17 1 1
You're All Morons...
6. clevername posted on 01 Aug 2011, 14:09 0 0
Unless the phone is bigger than the last one, it looks like the screen takes less space which would make it smaller
7. SuperAndroidEvo posted on 01 Aug 2011, 14:14 4 0
To me it looks like an iPhone 4 that got steam rolled. I looks like a flat iPhone 4. I hope that is not the next iPhone, because I am not impressed at all! lol
13. pete7625 (banned) posted on 01 Aug 2011, 14:23 0 0
lol, neither am I! it's most likely not, though.
16. taco50 (banned) posted on 01 Aug 2011, 14:31 2 3
what do you care you wouldn't get one anyway
20. SuperAndroidEvo posted on 01 Aug 2011, 14:54 4 1
Guy you always instigate huh? taco50 I may never own an iPhone, but I always said the iPhone is a beautiful phone. I never EVER disputed that. I as an Android user can admit that to anyone. I just don't like iOS. That is all. Why do I even need to explain myself to you? It's just an opinion. You don’t need to defend the phone, I don’t think I hurt the phones feelings! lol
21. GALAXY-S posted on 01 Aug 2011, 14:56 3 2
(taco)and who cares if he gets one or not isheep? they can comment on the article all they want ... just like you do
32. taco50 (banned) posted on 01 Aug 2011, 15:37 1 3
cause he's here to comment nonsense as usual
36. SuperAndroidEvo posted on 01 Aug 2011, 15:45 2 1
I think you are mistaking yourself for some one of rational thought. The only person who posts nonsense is you. Now that is the usual here at PhoneArena.com. taco50 the KING of the red thumbs! lol Let me guess red is your favorite color?
48. remixfa posted on 01 Aug 2011, 19:16 0 0
every time im like "nah, ill leave him alone today", the lil twit calls me out in conversations im not in.. dragging me back into them. he did it twice yesterday. I think we are the only attention he gets.
40. GALAXY-S posted on 01 Aug 2011, 17:00 0 1
but so are you?? you def. have apples same way of thinking... you just want to be the only one in everthing
8. quakan posted on 01 Aug 2011, 14:19 0 0
the article is saying that phone is definitely fake but they're speculating whether or not this fake is an imitation of the real deal
14. dandirk (unregistered) posted on 01 Aug 2011, 14:25 0 0
Honestly if a major deciding factor (aka not a tie breaker) is looks... Then I am vindicated in my opinion that most consumers vein idiots.
15. Omar Suaifan (unregistered) posted on 01 Aug 2011, 14:26 0 0
I've been reading quit a lot of these articles about the next iPhone. Many Chines phones cloned the leaks for the next iPhone descriptions and started making them !
22. applesauce (unregistered) posted on 01 Aug 2011, 14:59 0 1
Looks like a Nokia.
...and an HTC.
...and a Motorola...
...and a Samsung...
...and an LG....
...doesn't look distinctively an iphone though... maybe this is why apple is suing Samsung, because apple's design is so.... unoriginal?
33. taco50 (banned) posted on 01 Aug 2011, 15:38 1 3
or maybe IT IS original and everyone is copying Apple's form factor.
45. applesauce (unregistered) posted on 01 Aug 2011, 17:40 0 0
That would mean all those manufacturers are copying themselves, as the iphone is a combination of several poached design elements.
60. remixfa posted on 02 Aug 2011, 09:47 1 0
ya, ask LG how they feel about apple copying the LG Prada design head to toe. You dont see them suing.
51. CRICKETownz posted on 01 Aug 2011, 21:10 1 0
so what...Samsung has been striving to cop the iPhone design countless times but no one mentions that. a good design is a good design and although iPhone isn't the BEST design...its still a good design which appears to be envied by other phone manufacturers but of course harsh realities are hard to admit. me personally though, i'm going to skip whatever the next iPhone iteration will be and wait for the iPhone 39. i hear this one will actually be made by Honda.
54. dandirk (unregistered) posted on 01 Aug 2011, 21:27 0 0
Those companies did use the iPhone probably as inspiration... and if the pics are accurate apple then got inspired by them...
Don't really see the big deal... happens all the time. Look at the auto industry... all makers follow each others trends for the most part. The whole Retro look of the mustang, Challenger, Cameron all started with the prowler and crappy pt cruder.
There are tons of examples. Not a big deal IMHO. Look at laptop form factors and pc cases they all go through trends of change.
27. MATOZ (unregistered) posted on 01 Aug 2011, 15:24 0 0
The f*******g point (ISSUE) here is that the upcoming iPhone 5 housing body could be like the photos posted.
Forget the antenna, forget the screen, the home botton, who cares!
It's the housing body that counts!
29. Dade3 (unregistered) posted on 01 Aug 2011, 15:30 0 0
I ve seen this one before it 100% fake and it is a dual sim phone
38. luis_lopez_351 posted on 01 Aug 2011, 16:36 0 0
that could be the iphone4s (the cheaper version)?
39. Rawrzellers posted on 01 Aug 2011, 16:41 0 0
Lol it's the iPhone 3g and the iPhone 4 put together.
43. cornerofthemoon posted on 01 Aug 2011, 17:26 0 0
If that's the real deal then ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ. Been there, done that.
44. cornerofthemoon posted on 01 Aug 2011, 17:27 0 0
Actually that would be a good candidate for the iPhone 4s, the iPhone 5 on the other hand needs much more pizazz.
56. Androidhater (unregistered) posted on 01 Aug 2011, 22:56 0 0
If the next iphone will look like this nobody will buy this
Even android crappy phones are not good mobilephone,they always looks the same all over again
Android and Iphone are the worst crap phone of them all
Use nokia only if you are not abnormal:)
58. Lyon (unregistered) posted on 02 Aug 2011, 01:57 0 0
Well! I expect bigger screen and also noise cancellation mic atleast... so I guess its a fake
59. Malik (unregistered) posted on 02 Aug 2011, 04:41 0 0
Forget iPhone 5, Apple should make iPhone Shuffle instead :-)) Random calling feature included. :-)