Is this blueprint showing us the HTC T6?
0. phoneArena 07 Jun 2013, 14:41 posted on
Now that we are heading into the second half of 2013, among the most eagerly anticipated phones for the rest of the year is the HTC T6; this is expected to be the large-screened version of the HTC One which might be called the HTC One Max. On Friday, a blueprint-styled sketch of an HTC phone was published...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
41. rizevnarastek (Posts: 347; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
I hope it's fake. Don't like that the speakers are off centre and I absolutely hate that the lower speaker grill is way bigger than the upper one. Don't they know? Beauty lies in symmetry.
... I'd love them to ditch the capacitive buttons as well. They are useless on a device as big. Share some screen for the buttons.
2. akki20892 (Posts: 3895; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
if HTC bring this then tough for Note 3.
5. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
I am starting to believe that end of 3Q or start of 4Q is when the really good stuff gets released. It will tough to decide between the HTC One Plus and the Note III.
26. sid07desai (Posts: 290; Member since: 03 May 2012)
True. A month ago, people were saying that GS4, HTC One and XpZ are gonna be phones of 2013. But things have indeed changed. Now OEMs are following a semi-annual approach, launching 2 high-end phones a year. This will definitely reduce the sales span of a particular device.
51. rallyguy (Posts: 620; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
The Note 3 will probably be the most expensive, but will also have a removable battery.
3. james004 (Posts: 486; Member since: 15 May 2013)
right now it was Galaxy S4, Htc One and Xperia Z comparison and at the end of year it will be part 2 of this.
Galaxy Note 2, Htc (large) One and Xperia ZU.
looking forward to all the options.
27. MistB (Posts: 581; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Makes one wonder what becomes of the 20mp Sony flagship, the Galaxy S4 Mega and HTC Butterfly 2 which was last year's second half flagship.
4. a_merryman (Posts: 749; Member since: 14 Dec 2011)
It would be soooo much more manageable if they would just lose the capacitive buttons and go with Google's software buttons.
7. imkyle (Posts: 1068; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
It's funny that Google is pushing the on screen buttons, yet no one is making their handsets two years later with on screen buttons.
9. a_merryman (Posts: 749; Member since: 14 Dec 2011)
I can understand for smaller devices why they keep the physical/capacitive buttons. Especially physical ones like on the Galaxy series, since you can wake the phone up using it. But for larger devices like these.....it makes no sense, just save pocket real estate and use the on screen ones...
15. imkyle (Posts: 1068; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
A device as large as this should have on screen buttons.
25. TechFreak (Posts: 15; Member since: 22 Mar 2013)
Why loose so much screen space for the buttons..
I find it really pointless...
31. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5710; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
you use a larger screen to fill up the space that would be used by capacitive or physical keys.
6. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5710; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
i might be interested in this if only for the battery life. o:
10. Joshing4fun (Posts: 1229; Member since: 13 Aug 2010)
that design is identical to the HTC One...
13. Zomer (Posts: 238; Member since: 31 May 2013)
Yeah they just changed the dimensions, it's lame.
14. a_merryman (Posts: 749; Member since: 14 Dec 2011)
Yeah, agreed. Thats why I hate the galaxy series too, ugh, all they do is change the dimensions. /s
18. Zomer (Posts: 238; Member since: 31 May 2013)
I'm talking about MobiLeaks, not HTC. You really think a tipster is gonna send some unknown and small website the blue prints of a new device instead of a site like TheVerge, Engadget, PhoneArena, GSMArena? Think again, it's fake.
16. CanYouSeeTheLight (Posts: 1115; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
While you are at it add Apple and Samsung.
34. SleepingOz (unregistered)
45. kurtdean99 (Posts: 79; Member since: 02 Jun 2013)
Boo. Xperia arc,ray,s,t,tx,v,z looks same to u? Unlike your beloved Samsung all phones looks the same
47. CanYouSeeTheLight (Posts: 1115; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
Saying Sony has the same design is just lying, they are one of the better, or the best when it comes to new fresh design, take a look at the 2013 line, 2012, 2011, 2010, they always had a fresh design and they still have it.
17. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
Its just a bigger screen.
20. Android4u (Posts: 456; Member since: 16 Aug 2012)
With a snapdragon 800 chip . micro SD slot . 3300 mah and the possibility of a biometric meter on the back of the phone.. It's actually more than just a bigger ONE ..
19. Diego! (Posts: 547; Member since: 15 Jun 2009)
What's next? A 10" screen phone? This is way too big!
22. affandi (Posts: 85; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
140 mm body for a 5.9 inch phone........ yeah, because HTC is known for their minimal bezels.
By the way, I was sarcastic.
23. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5710; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
there's big speakers on the top and bottom. xD
24. Whateverman (Posts: 3250; Member since: 17 May 2009)
HTC One Max? Call it the HTC Colossus(yeah, like the X Man), polish the metal housing, add a stylus... And the Note 3 would have a really hard time.
30. Jack58221 (Posts: 153; Member since: 23 Feb 2013)
I don't know about polishing it, but I think once a phone breaks the 5.5 inch mark, a stylus should be standard.
35. Whateverman (Posts: 3250; Member since: 17 May 2009)
Your probably right. The brushed metal works for the One so if it ain't broke don't fix it.
39. Jack58221 (Posts: 153; Member since: 23 Feb 2013)
polished looks great till you touch it, or sneeze... if it came polished I would be wearing rubber gloves and a medical mask to ma ale a phone call. lol.
28. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
I wish that it was 5 inch not 5.9 inch as rumors says and main camera with more Megapixels than HTC One has. :\
29. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5710; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
i think it should be 5.3"-5.5" myself. 4.7"-5.0" is not a big enough difference between the M7 and the T6 for them to really complement each other on the same shelf.
33. clevername (Posts: 1436; Member since: 11 Jul 2008)
Just thinkin...the HTC ONE is almost as heavy as the Lumia 920...if not equal... How heavy will a 5.9" version be?
40. Jack58221 (Posts: 153; Member since: 23 Feb 2013)
M7 weight = Lumia
T6 weight = Lumina (Chevrolet car)
wouldn't matter to me, it's still on my wish list.
38. ckoch125 (Posts: 192; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
If they can really get a 5.9" in a size that is only a little longer than the s4 that will be amazing, especially seeing how they are cramming a much larger screen than their One yet only adding. 3 mm
43. affandi (Posts: 85; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
It is nice to dream, but this is not physically possible my friend. The screen alone would probably almost be bigger than 140 mm, let alone HTC's huge bezels + dual front facing speakers. This beast is going to be at least 165 mm.
(Samsung galaxy mega 5.8 is 162.6 mm)
48. okokok (Posts: 1; Member since: 08 Jun 2013)
Is HTC becoming like samsung? Same design. The reason i consider to buy One, bcs design. Glad Desire 600 different. If HTC continue this s**t, bye HTC.