Is this Samsung Galaxy Grand visit to the FCC a prelude to the Galaxy S4?
0. phoneArena 25 Nov 2012, 02:09 posted on
The Galaxy Grand, headed for Korea may reveal tips about the design direction and dimensions for the Galaxy S4...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Galaxy s4 will be nothing like this, I assure you.
This just sound like an upgraded, phone version of their Galaxy player which has the same screen and dimensions.
It's just WAY to big to be put in the same line with the supposed S4 design
7. Dr.Phil (Posts: 894; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
While I don't know whether this has any connection to the S4, a lot of sites are saying that this is targeted at older people as well as those with poor eyesight. The reason the resolution is so low is because they are going to make the buttons (or icons) on the phone larger and therefore easier to read.
10. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
I got thumbs down for being the only one pointing out the obvious?
Galaxy player 5.0 = 5'' screen of 800x480 ; dimensions 77x 141mm
17. joseph98 (Posts: 167; Member since: 03 Feb 2012)
This is the iphone fan user thumb you down. wait till tomorrow and you will see how many people will thumb you up. I totally agree with you. No way this is the new GS4....Not a chance. My note 2 is way faster than this and we all know that GS4 will rock in specifications.
25. thephoneguy92 (Posts: 191; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
They aren't saying this is the new GS4...idiot
16. joaolx (Posts: 351; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Exactly. this is a phone targeted for old people. According to a article I saw it said the resolution was low-res to sport a ui with big icons for easy access for old people, Galaxy "Grand".
21. PackMan (Posts: 277; Member since: 09 Mar 2012)
I have to say the shape is better than that of S3.
24. g2a5b0e (Posts: 2117; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
FCC sketches are not necessarily indicative of the shape of the final device.
23. PAPINYC (Posts: 2231; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
I think you're absolutely correct, no way this is the Galaxy SIV (S4); although the dimensions are within plausibility, the specs' are totally deficient and completely lacking. This could, however, be the long awaited and unannounced iPad MiNi-MiNi-Me! Ooooh, can't wait for the official announcement.
2. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
3. kaliil10 (Posts: 145; Member since: 16 May 2012)
Lumia 920 is ready for any new smartphone in 2013
5. doejon (Posts: 321; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
lumia is good but not that good lol
samsung bring always new ideas (inovative software features etc.) in the boring smartphone world
22. androidlikeaboss (Posts: 40; Member since: 16 Nov 2012)
I agree but the nokia lumia 920 also has a lot of good features and exclusive apps,like the pureview camera,Nokia drive and Nokia city lens...
29. therealestmc (Posts: 129; Member since: 23 Jul 2012)
Both android and iOS have alternatives that can accomplish the same things you mention.
6. dickwyn (Posts: 584; Member since: 07 May 2012)
i'm pretty sure Nokia is going to unveil another WP8 flagship at CES with a better camera
8. anywherehome (Posts: 971; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
I'm sorry, but WP and iOS are really completely inferior in compare to Android in almost every way
13. AliNSiddiqui (Posts: 357; Member since: 19 Sep 2012)
As much as I hate to admit it, this is completely true. Though I do hope WP8 catches up as it its new home screen is definitely something new... Unlike the most boring OS, IOS..
31. anywherehome (Posts: 971; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
Bad thing is that Android has not any competitor :-(
Not a good thing for competition
4. XPERIA-KNIGHT (Posts: 2384; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
no change in the build quality then im not interested......all though i do like the move to LCD :)
15. g2a5b0e (Posts: 2117; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
27. XPERIA-KNIGHT (Posts: 2384; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
yea i remember that one bro....lol sounds good :)
32. dmakun (Posts: 147; Member since: 06 Jun 2011)
I see that you're gradually moving away from your hard line stance against Samsung products. The only obstacle to your purchasing a SS product as been narrowed down to build quality alone! Good for you mate. I once wouldn't look at a Sammy device cos I was so HTC & Sony Ericsson before discovering there was better offering with Samsung products. Strangely HTC & Sony make better "looking" hardware but the user experience just doesn't match Sammy 's.
11. wendygarett (unregistered)
77mm width is too large for for me... The gnote 2 has 80mm and I can't even press the back button with my left hand...
I'll stick to the iPhone 5 instead :)
14. yajia1 (Posts: 107; Member since: 22 Aug 2012)
You had me. Until you said iPhone.... Everyone who uses an iPhone can only handle everything that's small. I'm guessing your boyfriend/husband, if any, has small...... pens. For writing, that is.
19. wendygarett (unregistered)
You had me, when you said small...pens lol :)
20. Heatfan316 (Posts: 355; Member since: 21 Aug 2011)
He just forgot to put the i between n and s. Small typo ya get it now, keyword small.
12. angelesmec (unregistered)
I would be faster than the Galaxy S III if equipped with the same internal specs due to the lower screen resolution which is WVGA compared to HD. Still it is not for me..
18. yowanvista (Posts: 298; Member since: 20 Sep 2011)
Probably just another US carrier exclusive device
26. Bfrenz (Posts: 106; Member since: 26 Aug 2012)
Sammy gonna release some fake designs to confuse us like they did in S3 rumours.Design is gonna be a great secret and specs too
28. bucky (Posts: 1329; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
I hope smartphones don't get any bigger. They're already ridiculous at 4.8
30. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6215; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Well it looks like its time to buy this phone when it comes available next year. glad i skip all the other GS BUT THIS IS A BEASTLY MONSTROUS PHONE