Is the unlocked GSM version of the international Samsung Galaxy S III coming to Best Buy?
0. phoneArena 13 Jul 2012, 12:56 posted on
A leaked screenshot from Best Buy's inventory list shows the big box retailer offering the pebble blue i9300 Samsung Galaxy S III unlocked; this is the international edition of the phone which includes a quad-core Exynos processor...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
woo hoo! hopefully it will be at a reasonable $600-650 level ( or less would be awesome)
2. superguy (Posts: 293; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
Best buy tends to overprice unlocked phones (and even some locked ones that). These were typically priced around $799.99.
At least with the ones in the corporate carrier stores, you can get BB to match their unsubsidized price. With these, I think you're SOL unless you can find it cheaper elsewhere.
3. dcgore (Posts: 227; Member since: 24 Feb 2012)
Best buy?? phhz. It's going to be like $800 bucks.
9. superguy (Posts: 293; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
Best Buy tried to sell the Rezound off contract for $800. That is until I had them call Verizon to match their $649 price.
They still offer a lot of their high end phones for $799.
17. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
i know you guys are right, but it doesnt hurt to dream does it? :)
8. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4275; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
It says the price in the picture, $799.99
13. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1888; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
$799 for unlock? Might as well just order one from eBay haha
5. Atrixboyyy (Posts: 348; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
You can get it online for around 720 bucks...
799.99 is kinda unreasonable that's 900$ for a phone with a case and maybe insurance.
Cool that their bringing it to the u.s tho.
10. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
i found it 2 weeks old used for 550 "buy it now" on ebay. if i only had the cash at the time.
6. baldilocks (Posts: 743; Member since: 14 Dec 2008)
$720? Expansys has them for $645 all day long.
7. jove39 (Posts: 1858; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
If its priced more than $500...its overpriced...If google could sell unlocked nexus for $350...then this phone is pretty much same with updated soc (add $150 for that)...don't tell me about updated display.
11. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
3-4x the processing power, best Audio DAC in the biz, more "hook up" options to other devices, removable memory.. and more of it, bigger battery, i believe slightly more ram, ect. Your also paying for the development time for the SGS3 features like touchwiz and all the other neat things the phone can do. Google paid for the development on the Nexus.
The only thing they really have in common is the screen.. which was slightly improved for the SGS3.
14. parkwaydr (Posts: 572; Member since: 07 Sep 2011)
Please please be true, gimme one of them unlocked gs3 with that beautiful quad exynos, and t-mobile value plan here I come!!!!!
15. zeroos (Posts: 1; Member since: 08 Aug 2011)
Its already here:http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Sa
msung+-+Galaxy+S+III+4G+Mobile+Phone+ (Unlocked)+-+Blue/5759163.p?id=12186921604 63&skuId=5759163&st=i9300&cp=1 &lp=2
Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich operating system
Along with an Exynos 4212 Quad chipset allows you to stay connected and productive on the go.
16. alex09 (Posts: 6; Member since: 14 Jul 2012)
Visit (www).nokia808pureviews(dot com) to get best price and deals for Nokia 808 Pureview.
"Nokia 808 PureView is a new dawn in photography with 41 MP you can play with a bigger canvas, pure depth, pure action, pure colour, pure detail, pure perspective, full HD video, crystal clear audio, share the story in a momment. Nokia 808 PureView is a revolutionary camera in a smartphone, you never miss a moment from daylight to low light"
19. Atrixboyyy (Posts: 348; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
Hmmm... something doesn't seem right here...
Oh wait that's it where was the Nokia Pureview mentioned?
Must be in his head thanks for promoting to us tho. :)
18. davenycept (Posts: 200; Member since: 03 Jul 2012)
If i got it and I'm with Tmobile in hspa 42 market i would get hspa +21 speeds right?
20. yamilrx (Posts: 3; Member since: 26 Jun 2012)
$799 @ BB is a rip off. They had this phone on dailysteals.com a week ago and before that for $599 or $699, I cannot recall. I bought my galaxy nexus from them for $450 and a week later the google store dropped it to $350. I am using it on tmobile but since it is 21mbs I only get 6mbs so far where my friend on his 42mbs sgii gets 10-14mbs on tmobile so be careful if you are expecting higher speeds.