Is the Motorola Dinara the successor to the DROID Bionic with a 13MP rear camera?
0. phoneArena 19 Jul 2011, 20:36 posted on
Motorola hasn't made the DROID Bionic official yet and already we have its successor, the Motrorola Dinara sporting a 13MP rear camera, a front-facing shooter, 1GB of RAM and a TI processor of undetermined core number; the unit is expected to launch in December...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. MalakiMills (Posts: 257; Member since: 15 Jun 2010)
What the hell. The bionic isn't even out yet and I am already stuck wondering whether to wait until after it now. (Yes, I am one of those people that has the hardest time choosing a device cause I'm to worried about when it will be obsolete.) Oh well, I guess my thunderbolt that I bought off contract to save my upgrade will have to be suffice for another few months.
3. iblackdroid (Posts: 67; Member since: 19 Jul 2011)
Same! It takes me a month to chooose what phone I want. Right now im contemplating between BB 9930 and iPhone 5
4. Sniggly (Posts: 7305; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
The lesser of two evils then? ;)
6. MalakiMills (Posts: 257; Member since: 15 Jun 2010)
Not bad choices there, I am personally waiting for the SGSII, but I suppose I'll be waiting for that too :). Funny how we are decided the phones to get and they aren't even out yet.
8. tuminatr (Posts: 751; Member since: 23 Feb 2009)
got to be honest the more I play with the trophy the more I like it, if it was 4g i would have it
29. Penny (Posts: 1647; Member since: 04 Feb 2011)
I ended up getting the Trophy and I very much like WP7. All my accounts were easy to set up, the virtual keyboard works really well for me, and I don't really worry about not having 4G because I'm on WiFi most of the time. However, I will say that the battery life isn't any better than the average battery guzzler these days. Also, although there are already thousands of apps, the marketplace could use a few more free games.
30. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
I am wondering if the leaking about a follow-on phone might be an attempt to shift attention away from the Bionic? If there was some sort of fundamental problem with the Bionic that meant it will never be released to production, you have to have a Plan B....
31. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Also, what is this about the phone being released with an AT&T radio? Is VZW not getting any dual core LTE product?
2. Sniggly (Posts: 7305; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
This sounds like it might match the description of the Slimline. Even if it's a prototype or a pipe dream, it sounds like a sexy baby of a phone. The non removable battery is a bitch, but there will probably be a hard reset button of some sort. And Motorola is normally pretty good with battery life.
And this is non negotiable. When my V195S was new, its battery lasted a freaking MONTH.
7. Thump3rDX17 (Posts: 2160; Member since: 10 May 2010)
that's right i had forgotten about the Slimline. you may be on to something Sniggs. o:
i wouldn't much like the battery not being removable especially if it's an LTE device, i like to be able to multiply my phone's battery life if i have to.
9. Sniggly (Posts: 7305; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
I have a feelings that Motorola won't put an unremovable battery in a phone if the battery life is really going to be s**t.
11. deezy (Posts: 46; Member since: 10 Feb 2011)
isn't the bionic allegidly having a 4.5" screen and the 13 MP camera was one of the rumored specs before the 8 MP was unofficially confirmed? s**t...what to do, what to do...
if patience is a virtue, consider me chico debarge lol
5. tehsusenoh (unregistered)
I hate waiting, but I'll just wait for every single phone that is rumored and never get a phone.
10. Laurynas (unregistered)
"...Dinara's display going from edge to edge without a border."
If it is true, then it will be uncomfortable to keep it, because you will always touch the screen with corners of your fingers.
12. Sniggly (Posts: 7305; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
I'm sure they'll have a solution in place.
13. Jaygar1996 (unregistered)
Why do i feel the urge to call BS on this?
14. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3103; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
Haha Sniggly, are you still oh sooooo excited about this phone or are you going to wait for the Dinara? I mean sure Winter is far away but not really THAT far ya know?
I am thinking this phone is going to blow the Bionic and anything else that isnt the SGS2 away.
24. thatoneguywhoknowseverything (unregistered)
sgs2 sucks its all about EVO 3D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
37. Sniggly (Posts: 7305; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Well, now that I found out that this phone will be on AT&T, not so much. :P. I'd like to keep my 50 bucks a month with Verizon.
IRONY: I just now received a text message telling me I have to convert my indirect line to a consumer plan or GTFO by 7/27. What a bitch of a thing to deal with.
42. rican (Posts: 132; Member since: 02 Jul 2011)
and the mavericks beat the brakes off the heat!!!!!
16. TheDude884 (unregistered)
Honestly, if you sit around waiting for the next best thing, you'll never upgrade. You will be missing out on 6 months worth of LTE data speeds give or take. I will be jumping on the Bionic for several reasons:
1. It's a Motorola. I have the HTC Thunderbolt and Samsung Droid Charge, and while they both have their strong points, neither one of them is groundbreaking as a phone. If it weren't for the fact that I need 4G speeds, I probably would have stuck with my Droid X until the Bionic. The Droid X just works and the development work has been awesome.
2. LTE capable is a must for me. Once you get used to 12-25 Mbps download speeds, you don't look back.
3. In all honesty, I don't see much the "Dinara" could bring to the table that would make it a deal breaker. The only things I could think are an innovative charging system or truly better display (such as Super AMOLED +, Super LCD, or Retina). Megapixels mean nothing as far as camera. Honestly, I'd be more impressed by Voice over LTE or a speakerphone that is amazingly clear.
Give me Motorola's phone quality, combined with 4G LTE speeds, and a responsive display and I will be happy. If it's anything like the Droid X to the Droid X2, it's not worth the "upgrade"
18. ltr (unregistered)
How the heck can you afford both T-bolt and the Charge????
Anyways. I highly doubt its a successor, maybe like a variant of it.
13 mp camera is kinda useless, unless Motorola teams up with someone. Like Canon,Kodak, orFuji etc.
25. luis_lopez_351 (Posts: 951; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
Why are people so excited??? By the time its release there will be an iphone 5s, a better HTC EVO, a hotter My touch, and samsung will have something out there doing better than the rest. Oh!!! and Meego and web os devices from other manufactures :D ooo and mango wp7.5 phones from nokia.
26. Thump3rDX17 (Posts: 2160; Member since: 10 May 2010)
believe it or not lopez some of us LIKE Motorolas.
28. Thump3rDX17 (Posts: 2160; Member since: 10 May 2010)
this doesn't make me feel better at all! i don't want AT&T to have anything much less an awesome phone like this! Verizon has to have the best all the time! >:P
36. StillStuckWithDroid (Posts: 65; Member since: 19 Jul 2011)
SO I get to buy a Bionic next month
then I get to see if this phone is real and use the upgrade on my mothers phone (she still cant figure out the LG ENV2) to buy that (and sell the Bionic on Ebay for more than what I will pay for the new phone)
hmmmm sounds like a plan to me
btw.....with the Specs doesnt this sound like that phone that was rumored the Targa?
38. Sniggly (Posts: 7305; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
It does sound like it, but the Targa had Verizon branding on it. Just sayin'.
39. Salo (unregistered)
I'm on the edge with this bionic... Its be set back and set back and set back, if it doesn't release on 8/4 I'm getting something else, this BB STORM is driving me crazy
41. joe567 (unregistered)
why the hell would you put a 13mp on back..1.3mp front?..better be like 3-5mp at leastFFC