Is the Apple iPhone N94 the template for the entry-level Apple iPhone 4S?
0. phoneArena 29 Aug 2011, 13:32 posted on
Leaked photographs of the front assembly for the Apple iPhone N94 prototype show off a design that could be put to use for the entry-level Apple iPhone 4S; while the N94 has yet to make it to the "Design Verification Test" stage, sources for Engadget say that the N97 prototype had passed this stage in June...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Ha! This is going right according to the product release playbook at Apple. Every time there was a new release of the iPhone, the month before release saw intense rumors. Check the rumor sites archives if you don't believe me. Expect September to be filled with iPhone rumors. When the phone is officially released, the market will have been sufficiently frothed and they will probably sell a million units before the first week end is out.
7. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
I did not say the churning/frothing of the market by Apple didn't work. I was posting that we are now in the hyper-rumor period and that more should be expected. There are at least 3 Apple/iPhone-related articles that have been put up on PA within the last 48 hours, and PA isn't exactly one of the larger Apple rumor sites.
6. Lucas777 (Posts: 2137; Member since: 06 Jan 2011)
yup... its a great marketing technique but apple barely needs to do anything anymore--the press does all but everything
8. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Um, Apple is most certainly feeding the rumors. The press provides a willing partner to the churning/frothing activity as they get their eyeball count metrics headed northward. It is all very incestuous....
21. Lucas777 (Posts: 2137; Member since: 06 Jan 2011)
i don't think apple can feed that many rumors... if they were doing all of them something dud have leaked saying they were--there are way to many for them to start them all..
14. wumberpeb (Posts: 452; Member since: 14 Mar 2011)
The press does everything except put the customer IN the store
16. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
An argument could be made that stories about supply constraints could make potential customers buy before they might have otherwise bought in fear of not being able to get the product if supplies become constrained.... :-) It is all about churning the market.
4. pixieshine2 (Posts: 1; Member since: 29 Aug 2011)
no way!, I don't want! IPHONE 4S cuz I want IPHONE 4 OR 5 ON 4G not 3G, i won't buy for it! thanks for offer
9. Allday28 (Posts: 275; Member since: 19 Nov 2010)
So based on the rumors maybe this is the phone that is gonna have the 3.5"-3.7" Screen. I really hope so anyway..
11. christianqwerty (Posts: 464; Member since: 05 May 2011)
my grandparents, mom and dad have the iphone. they like the screen size it is right now. iphone 4in will please us phone addicts, but for the average iphone user, a 4.0-4.3 inch isnt appealing. they all make fun of my samsung focus 4in screen
12. Stuntman (Posts: 828; Member since: 01 Aug 2011)
Note to Apple: Do not call your phone the N97. It brings back too many bad memories of the Nokia N97.
19. quakan (Posts: 1285; Member since: 02 Mar 2011)
We here at Apple would never do something that foolish as to name one of our devices like that. We have already written that note to ourselves years ago but thanks anyways.
13. Dolan (unregistered)
who cares about iphone 4,4s or whatever if is not 4g forget it...android it's way better,and also not even 4" scren hahahahaha
15. som (Posts: 768; Member since: 10 Nov 2009)
Spoiled Apple is trying to compete with Samsung go to hell rotten Apple.
20. s (unregistered)
i dont know why but i thought this was a nokia article
22. JayRaj (Posts: 54; Member since: 31 Oct 2010)
N94 and N97! are we talking about Nokia phones here! :D
24. PeterIfromsweden (Posts: 1230; Member since: 03 Aug 2011)
Hmm, Nokia should sue apple...
Iphone N97, i have heard that name before from a certain nokia phone...