Is that a box of quad-core phones or is HTC happy to be in Barcelona
0. phoneArena 25 Feb 2012, 05:52 posted on
HTC's Director of Digital Marketing, John Starkweather, sent greetings from Barcelona just days before the MWC opens; also included in the greetings is a picture of a box containing "something amazing" and our bet is that is inside the pink wrapper is a Tegra 3 powered HTC One X...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. Guest_star (Posts: 231; Member since: 30 Dec 2011)
That one x behemoth will have a problem with battery, i mean 1800 mAh battery n 4.7 inch HD LCD screen that is not even an IPS (IPS LCD consumes less battery than regulat LCD), even with tegras baklight control and 5th ninja core this will be a problem in my opinion, and I really think they should change the design of their phones, I liked industrial design and HTC but come on this is getting old...
4. remixfa (Posts: 14224; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
battery life will still be really improved from their use of crapdragons that suck the bejeesus out of batteries. As far as how much, im curious to know myself.
7. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Man, you're still trolling about snapdragon..-.-
Go see a battery test on gsmarena for Snapdragon and Exynos powered galaxy note, and compare.
Also, check out the benchmarks for Xperia s.
Makes a mock out of your "argument" that Samsung faked their benchmark results for the snapdragon Note version.
19. ledbetterp3 (Posts: 467; Member since: 31 Aug 2011)
Doesn't the snapdragon galaxy note have lte, though?
3. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5975; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
@Street - that is why the HTC presser will be the must-attend event. (Rolleyes) First production quad-core handset (especially if it will ship within 30 days of the event) is always so boring.
10. squallz506 (banned) (Posts: 1075; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
First quad core handset? I thought the LG 4x HD already took that title.
18. bayusuputra (Posts: 946; Member since: 12 Feb 2012)
HTC came up with quad core phone first.. it was rumoured far earlier than any other, esp from LG.. although that doesn't necessarily means it is the first quad-core to be released to the public..
21. phones522 (Posts: 94; Member since: 27 Jan 2010)
not true it depends on witch one is sold first
5. amircajlani (Posts: 5; Member since: 24 Feb 2012)
excited...greaaat phone...will definitely buy it
6. viper_3005 (Posts: 17; Member since: 21 Feb 2012)
is it just me or does anyone else wish that they could take one from the box.?
8. leftheodo (Posts: 70; Member since: 21 Oct 2011)
No it's not just you! Hell, i wish i could take THEM ALL!!!
23. saket.shrivastava (Posts: 55; Member since: 02 Apr 2012)
even one could make a difference to me
my parents wont give me that as my father is one who is supposed to have the costliest phone (iphone 4)......
guess i have to settle for the one v
9. StreetNerd (Posts: 726; Member since: 08 Dec 2010)
lol why downvote.... all HTC phones looks the same....
13. KParks23 (Posts: 471; Member since: 13 Oct 2010)
I'm so tired of hearing this crap every HTC post is the same .. yea and so do the iphones.. and the dx dx2 and bionic o yea the droid 1-4 and every Samsung craplastic phone so gtfo. They all look alike u idiot
17. bayusuputra (Posts: 946; Member since: 12 Feb 2012)
dude, it is called product differentiation and brand uniqueness.. like those grills of BMW or the headlamps of porsche cars.. get over it.. the iPhone/iPad are all the same design, too.. Samsung releases devices with the same designs, too.. not forgetting blackberry.. why is it only HTC got the bashing?
get over the design, for (whatever word/name/vulgarity you want to put)'s sake..
22. Mario1017 (Posts: 336; Member since: 04 Sep 2011)
They are only bashing HTC because out of all, HTC has the best build quality and since that is they have to try and pick out something bad about the phones designs. That they all look the same. With samsing, they have horrible quality, and since that is, they dont want to bring samsung down even further by saying they all look the same.
15. leftheodo (Posts: 70; Member since: 21 Oct 2011)
You know that phone is made by LG,right? Yes i'm talking about the company that hasn't made a decent, bugfree handset yet!
14. phones522 (Posts: 94; Member since: 27 Jan 2010)
cant wait for this phone to be announced i love HTC sense
20. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
yes it does, unlike Exynos. which makes a clear evidence of it's power efficiency, considering that it didn't lose anything in overall battery endurance.
overall, Snapdragon S3 with LTE is a better chip than Exynos in galaxy S2/Note