Is it the metallic Nokia EOS that is launching soon?
0. phoneArena 16 Jun 2013, 01:08 posted on
The Nokia EOS mystery deepens; on Friday, we showed you a version of the Nokia EOS with a metallic chassis compared with the polycarbonate model that was seen earlier. The thought was that the polycarbonate model was going to be released as early as next month with the metallic version coming out in the future...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. clevername (Posts: 1436; Member since: 11 Jul 2008)
Lookin at that picture... Whoever is holding it either has reeeeaaaaaalllly small hands or that phone is bigger than 4.5". I held my Lumia 920 the same way and I don't have very big hands, and I didn't have to stretch my fingers around it like that.
15. ihatesmartphone (unregistered)
Very nice looking phone..
32. roscuthiii (Posts: 2121; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
Don't forget that the camera adds 10 pounds...
36. Whateverman (Posts: 3250; Member since: 17 May 2009)
Lol! you're bad!
All jokes aside this thing is sexy, and if it has some weight to it that's a plus for me. Light and thin is okay, but I like to know I'm holding a phone with substance.
39. MistB (Posts: 581; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Your speculation would seem to concur with what WMpoweruser and nokia power user are saying, the Aluminium EOS is actually a 5.3 inch lumia phablet. I believe Nokia also have lined up another 6 inch flagship with the 41mp sensor and updated WP8 GDR3 update to support 1080p screens and Quadcore processors. All the dimensions point to this device being a lot bigger than the Polycarbonate version we saw side by side with the standard Lumia 920 looking the same size.
3. abcdefgh (banned) (Posts: 471; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
and the award for most leaked smarphone of decade goes to.....
NOKIA LUMIA EOS aka THE LEAK PHONE
28. Sonny_09 (Posts: 49; Member since: 24 May 2013)
No, the title goes to Nexus 4, it was reviewed even before it was released. lol
30. neutralguy (Posts: 1152; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
I think iphone5 was the most leaked device ive seen.
4. abcdefgh (banned) (Posts: 471; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
maybe this is nokia phablet which is rumoured to come with slight camera hump due to 16MP??
6. abcdefgh (banned) (Posts: 471; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
and they thougt the S-plastic brick(one can also call plastic volcano for its hump though!) s4zoom wil be a competitor for our eos
9. haseebzahid (Posts: 1853; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
S4 is no more then marketting stunt and see who has most hidious taste in 2013
10. jedpatrickdatu (Posts: 167; Member since: 24 Jan 2013)
I have a feeling this isn't the EOS. The camera hole here is smaller than in the EOS. It could be the cheaper version of the 920 that recent rumors say will be out in September-October along with Nokia's first phablet.
12. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
may be...as Nokia realised they went in a good direction making lighter version of 920 in the form of 925
...and the cheaper version of 920 is going to be much lighter
13. IliyaBeshkov (Posts: 260; Member since: 09 Jul 2012)
yeah and some PA users says that this device is a brick.. come on back in 2010 everybody calls the iPhone 4 that it's the thinnest smartphone and it was 9.3 mm.. this device is going to be about the same thickness...
14. muhsen (Posts: 280; Member since: 07 Jun 2012)
i think this is one of the lumia phablets not the EOS....making the same pose with my 920...the phone above seems alot bigger...also the spacing between the camera key and the end of the phone is alot bigger than that of the 920 (the same goes for the spacing between the volume rockers and the end of the phone)
17. jedpatrickdatu (Posts: 167; Member since: 24 Jan 2013)
You're right, those side buttons look tiny compared to the rest of the phone, so this is probably the September-October phablet.
18. divatz2003 (Posts: 1; Member since: 16 Jun 2013)
Just a heads up: your Source field says one thing and points to another :)
19. _Bone_ (Posts: 2154; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
This is NOT the Lumia EOS, it's way too thin to pack the 41MP sensor with the fitting larger lens. So what it is? Either the next regular Lumia model featuring a larger sensor, an "EOS Mini" with a more compact 21MP camera system. This is the PureView 808, and due to the lens and everything else, I can't see the big EOS lens packed in a 9mm case.
20. _Bone_ (Posts: 2154; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
It can also be a Lumia Phablet, look at the size of that thing. If my large palm is the reference, to hold it like that, it has to me something Galaxy Note size.
21. Shenoy (Posts: 22; Member since: 16 Jun 2013)
This metal body is bigger than the first leaked pics of EOS on the 06/06/13...also the camera hump on the back is smaller in diameter...Hoping this would be a bigger version of the EOS (could be the international version be be announced later) with a 5 inch screen and GDR3 updat with full 1080 display..i just hope it is...NOKIA u jst doing great!!!
24. Shenoy (Posts: 22; Member since: 16 Jun 2013)
Memory 32GB and 64GB
25. shashi.map (Posts: 30; Member since: 16 Oct 2011)
Seems like Nokia is on a role here !!
very neat and nice looking phone indeed !!
31. papss (unregistered)
Looking at my buttons on the 920 these are spaces different. Not sure but thought that the EOS was pretty close if not the same
42. krimHD (Posts: 106; Member since: 23 May 2012)
looking great, we should just hope microsoft up their game cos nokia is really doing a great job. all people say is how wp is limited, if the get better talks will change for sure