Is a new Google Nexus 10 on the way?
0. phoneArena 24 Jul 2013, 15:58 posted on
With all off the hubbub over the new version of the Google Nexus 7, which comes with Android 4.3 installed, there is some talk about a similarly refreshed version of the 10 inch Google Nexus 10; this information is said to come from none other than Google's own Sundar Pichai, who told a plugged-in WSJ reporter about the tablet...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4774; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
This is what I WANT. The Google Nexus 10 II.
5. CanYouSeeTheLight (Posts: 1105; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
IF they keep the trend of the Exynos, it should be the Exynos Octa 5420, which has a GPU which is more appropriate for the Nexus's resolution. Or at least a Tegra 4, or Snapdragon 800.
6. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4774; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Well we know it's going to have better specs than the Nexus 7 II so for me that's a total WIN.
14. Tjey007 (Posts: 86; Member since: 22 May 2012)
when I saw that 5420 with mali T628 i could smell nexus 10....its like the chip is built only for the N10 2.
8. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5704; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
or the "new" Nexus 10.
yeah, that's what i'm really interested in.
2. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
I want to see Nexus 10 vs Asus tegra 4 1600p tablets.
3. Supaheight (Posts: 66; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
all i hope is that they fix the battery issue that happenened the first nexus 10 cause mine right is damn i can hardly turn it on and when it does you can use for a shot time only plugged and it turns off plugged you nned to factory data reset please google do what you can to not make the next one have the same issue cause i beleive in you i'll buy the next but if it does tha again then i'm done with nexus tablets
19. ph00ny (Posts: 998; Member since: 26 May 2011)
What are you doing with it? Mine gets treated like crap used for playing games, watching movies, etc and battery life isn't as bad as you make it out to be.
21. boosook (Posts: 1395; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
if your nexus 10 is faulty, that doesn't mean that every nexus 10 is faulty as well! :) take it to a service center!
23. miket247 (Posts: 81; Member since: 16 Apr 2013)
DUDE USE SPELLCHECK OR LEARN TO WRITE PROPERLY CAUSE NO ONE KNOWS WTF YOUR SAYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
4. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
OMG this day just keeps getting better! Nexus 10 had a very high Pixel density now nexus 7 has it so will the new nexus 10 even beat that!
7. CanYouSeeTheLight (Posts: 1105; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
I really doubt they will increase the resolution as it is already very high, they just have to improve contrast, color range and brightness and they will have an excellent screen. (It already is excellent)
10. TheLolGuy (Posts: 483; Member since: 05 Mar 2013)
I agree. All the other factors will probably be prioritized for improvement as well as energy efficiency of the screen hopefully. Since you generally hold a 10" tablet further from your face than a smartphone, a 300+ ppi pixel density may very well take a backseat to other possible improvements.
I heard the initial Nexus 10 shipments had GPUs that did struggle a little bit pushing all the pixels. Using the latest GPU pushing the same amount of pixels may also allow an even more buttery UI + transitions.
13. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
higher resolution? how?
It's impossible at that moment, however more powerful internals will be used (cpu/gpu/ram)
9. 1113douglas (Posts: 193; Member since: 04 Jul 2013)
i wish it had touchwiz. I want tab 4 10.1 with android 5.0
12. Tsoliades (Posts: 228; Member since: 22 Dec 2012)
What we really need is a new Nexus phone!
22. boosook (Posts: 1395; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
come on, only 9 months have passed since the nexus 4 release... why do people need a new phone every month? do they use or collect them?
15. Klamba92 (Posts: 210; Member since: 25 Jun 2012)
The nexus 4 came out November time. It sold out then came back in again in around February, wait until that time for the new nexus phone that's also the same time the nexus 10 was announced!
16. joey_sfb (Posts: 5001; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Always out of stock should ram up the supply of the existing one first.
18. deathgod (Posts: 122; Member since: 23 Nov 2011)
If they were to miraculously add an Oled screen that would be icing on the cake. Those deep blacks look awesome especially at night whereas the screen on my TF700 comes off as gray.
20. galanoth (Posts: 423; Member since: 26 Nov 2011)
Samsung already has 3200x1800 screens.
They could put that in the Nexus 10 II.
Along with the new Exynos 5420 and Mali-T628 graphics.