Is a fix coming for the Nokia Lumia 920's dust problem?
0. phoneArena 31 Mar 2013, 13:01 posted on
There has been a number of Nokia Lumia 920 users complaining that the flagship model is a dust magnet with the front-facing camera attracting a lot of the stuff which is also affecting the proximity sensor; according to a source, a fix is coming from Nokia in the form of a sheath that will protect the front of the phone from dust and dirt...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Great good news fix is on its way!
Ole be waiting for the new Lumia 940 with WP9
4. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Speaking with truth and love!
Why would I speak of dirt?
Still an ex Nokia fan here!
12. Sandro22 (Posts: 3; Member since: 31 Mar 2013)
Alan F always write about Wp, he is a Fanboy
2. UrbanPhantom (Posts: 949; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
I have a better solution - avoid dragging your Lumia 920 through the dirt, and wash your hands at least three times per day. Problem solved!
16. TechBizJP08 (Posts: 495; Member since: 25 Mar 2013)
Sandro22 he said wash your hand not the mobile.. right?
5. darkvadervip (Posts: 365; Member since: 08 Dec 2010)
I had the same problem but I noticed that I kept my phone in my pocket a lot. If you pick the lint out of you pocket or area you have it in the problem is gone. Dirt wise I use computer wipes on my Lumia as well as my iPhone and they stay clean.
6. microsoftnokiawin (Posts: 1172; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
Why would you put your $800 phone anywhere near dirt in the 1st place
9. HäckeMáte (Posts: 168; Member since: 28 Feb 2012)
umm you mean your hands? ...you do realize that hands are among the filthiest places to put you phone right?
dumbest comment I've read today.
8. evolutionqy7 (Posts: 38; Member since: 27 May 2011)
This used to happen with my HTC Titan too.
10. lyndon420 (Posts: 3387; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
It's good that Nokia is offering a fix and demonstrating good customer service.
11. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
They always have good customer service.
15. sbergman (Posts: 6; Member since: 26 Jan 2013)
Is this a problem for all 920s or just some pieces?
19. akki20892 (Posts: 3877; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
don't worry dude.....it's a nokia and they will help u out if u have any problem with your device.......!!!
21. haseebzahid (Posts: 1853; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
actully it happens to all phones but the dust is spooking more in 920 maybe
22. WPhater (Posts: 2; Member since: 31 Mar 2013)
A bad built product. All of there phones are having problems.
17. akki20892 (Posts: 3877; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Nokia u always listen your customer thankx a lot......!!! that's y i'm a nokia fan.
20. papss (unregistered)
Mine does have some dust in there but its yet to affect anything
23. UrbanPhantom (Posts: 949; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
Why is that topics that relate specially to WP are always full of worthless Android loving dogs who mutter pointless stupid comments?
25. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Dogs love to go wherever there are bitches around don't they?
27. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
but that makes no sense as your a bigger bitch then anyone else
you even have to have help when someones calls you on your bs
29. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
so now im a dog? well by your logic and comment then im allowed to stay here and comment as your a bitch and as you stated
''Dogs love to go wherever there are bitches around don't they?''
see i just used your own comment to reinforce mine. cheers for that lol
24. Timmehor (Posts: 599; Member since: 09 Mar 2013)
Nice Nokia! They treat their customers very well! ;)
26. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1163; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
oh nice. free fix in nokia cares right?