Is a fix coming for the Nokia Lumia 920's dust problem?
using a sheath that will be fitted around the front-facing camera and the proximity sensor. This way, the dust is kept away from the sensitive sensors. If the tipster's information is correct, while the sheath will appear on newer units out of the box, those who already own the phone will be able to run over to their local Nokia repair service and have the sheath applied.
There is no word on when Nokia will start offering the sheath, but keep your eyes right here. As soon as we know, you'll know.
1. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Great good news fix is on its way!
Ole be waiting for the new Lumia 940 with WP9
4. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Speaking with truth and love!
Why would I speak of dirt?
Still an ex Nokia fan here!
12. Sandro22 (Posts: 3; Member since: 31 Mar 2013)
Alan F always write about Wp, he is a Fanboy
2. UrbanPhantom (Posts: 949; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
I have a better solution - avoid dragging your Lumia 920 through the dirt, and wash your hands at least three times per day. Problem solved!
16. TechBizJP08 (Posts: 495; Member since: 25 Mar 2013)
Sandro22 he said wash your hand not the mobile.. right?
5. darkvadervip (Posts: 353; Member since: 08 Dec 2010)
I had the same problem but I noticed that I kept my phone in my pocket a lot. If you pick the lint out of you pocket or area you have it in the problem is gone. Dirt wise I use computer wipes on my Lumia as well as my iPhone and they stay clean.
6. microsoftnokiawin (Posts: 1060; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
Why would you put your $800 phone anywhere near dirt in the 1st place
9. HäckeMáte (Posts: 168; Member since: 28 Feb 2012)
umm you mean your hands? ...you do realize that hands are among the filthiest places to put you phone right?
dumbest comment I've read today.
8. evolutionqy7 (Posts: 38; Member since: 27 May 2011)
This used to happen with my HTC Titan too.
10. lyndon420 (Posts: 2088; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
It's good that Nokia is offering a fix and demonstrating good customer service.
11. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
They always have good customer service.
15. sbergman (Posts: 6; Member since: 26 Jan 2013)
Is this a problem for all 920s or just some pieces?
19. akki20892 (Posts: 3736; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
don't worry dude.....it's a nokia and they will help u out if u have any problem with your device.......!!!
21. haseebzahid (Posts: 1842; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
actully it happens to all phones but the dust is spooking more in 920 maybe
22. WPhater (Posts: 2; Member since: 31 Mar 2013)
A bad built product. All of there phones are having problems.
17. akki20892 (Posts: 3736; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Nokia u always listen your customer thankx a lot......!!! that's y i'm a nokia fan.
20. papss (unregistered)
Mine does have some dust in there but its yet to affect anything
23. UrbanPhantom (Posts: 949; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
Why is that topics that relate specially to WP are always full of worthless Android loving dogs who mutter pointless stupid comments?
25. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Dogs love to go wherever there are bitches around don't they?
27. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
but that makes no sense as your a bigger bitch then anyone else
you even have to have help when someones calls you on your bs
29. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
so now im a dog? well by your logic and comment then im allowed to stay here and comment as your a bitch and as you stated
''Dogs love to go wherever there are bitches around don't they?''
see i just used your own comment to reinforce mine. cheers for that lol
24. Timmehor (Posts: 599; Member since: 09 Mar 2013)
Nice Nokia! They treat their customers very well! ;)
26. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1163; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
oh nice. free fix in nokia cares right?