Is Windows RT as secure as it should be?
0. phoneArena 05 Nov 2012, 06:42 posted on
Because Windows RT apps are available only on the Windows Marketplace, they should be more secure and resistant to hacks, right? Well, not exactly. While Microsoft does have a better control over what applications are being published, they aren't that hard to tamper with once they are installed...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. jove39 (Posts: 1500; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
MS should reward hacker...with gold worth $1000 :)
3. denied911 (banned) (Posts: 361; Member since: 31 May 2012)
i edited save game on some android games in text editor so no biggie
4. TylerGrunter (Posts: 1350; Member since: 16 Feb 2012)
I did it for my old "Baldur's Gate" savegames in Windows, but never tried in Android... Sounds fun!
But that should not be a security issue for RT, just for a particular game.
7. tasior (Posts: 262; Member since: 04 Nov 2012)
It's just stupidity of a developer to keep saved game, with resources that should be bought in a text file...
Windows has nothing to do with it...
5. sonisoe (Posts: 386; Member since: 06 May 2009)
Rt could be msft achilles, 90% of people don't follow tech news, hence don't know that rt isn't a full pc os.. not surprised if people will be disappointed cos they think rt is the same as the normal windows 8 when they buy their devices
6. microsoftnokiawin (Posts: 1151; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
easy peasie just hire the hackers to patch the hacks