Is Apple preparing a cheaper iPhone for developing markets in 2H 2013?
0. phoneArena 08 Jan 2013, 04:28 posted on
Here is a rumor that we haven’t heard for a while - Apple is reportedly pondering on releasing an affordable version of its iPhone for developing markets in 2013, Taiwanese DigiTimes reported…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
12. faisolbauuz (Posts: 121; Member since: 05 Jan 2013)
Yes everything is possible with tim cook even the downfall of apple stock price is possible because of tim cook
24. cncrim (Posts: 654; Member since: 15 Aug 2011)
Everything come up must come down. Anyway, Tim Cook migh decide to make cheaper iphone but I extremely doubt it. Even he is CEO but Apple is public company and board direct can over rule his decision.
3. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3193; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
What is Apple's definition of Affordable?
That i want to know...
4. ash29 (Posts: 55; Member since: 28 Oct 2011)
Maybe at the price of today's best android phone?Who knows.
8. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3193; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Exactly, what i am thinking... Affordable ain't so affordable according to Apple's terms.
5. mittalmailbox (Posts: 49; Member since: 14 Feb 2012)
They time Apple will launch $300-400 low specification Google may launch next Nexus beast at $200-300. So who cares about Apple, Android Rock
21. NokiaFTW (Posts: 2058; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
It making it with glass & aluminium & calling it affordable & selling it for 700$ -_-
6. jibraihimi (Posts: 718; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
Cheaper iPhone, ya sure they will refurbish iPhone 3G in new form factor and release it at the same price as HTC One X or Xperia Ion...............
7. jopancy (Posts: 74; Member since: 25 Apr 2012)
Hahahahahahahahahahahaha (hint: I'm LMAO!) hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!
Apple making a CHEAP model? In what universe??? whoever come out with the idea most be sniffing old wet socks.
9. mymobilereviews1 (Posts: 1; Member since: 08 Jan 2013)
Can anybody tell me about the latest iphone available in the market.
10. andro. (Posts: 1990; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
An 8gb version of the iPhone 5 will be the cheaper version,the iPhone 5's' will be 700 buck 'premium experience model by its side
11. ilia1986 (unregistered)
Its "affordable" as in you can afford yourself to live with just one kidney...
14. protozeloz (Posts: 5387; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
Deja vu? We heard this every year, the cheap iPhone is always the oldest model they show at the event, first 3G, then 3GS then is going to be the iPhone 4
15. Tones (Posts: 55; Member since: 23 Aug 2012)
How about cutting your excessive profit margins for everyone to benefit from?
18. rickywinataa (Posts: 262; Member since: 05 Apr 2012)
apple won't make cheaper version of up to date iPhone, they will always sell their previous generation iPhone as their cheaper version, just like 3GS became the cheap and affordable iPhone
19. ray77 (Posts: 126; Member since: 17 Nov 2012)
lm glad reason is that people was saying that apple phone is for who can afford it or who had money to buy it an look it now making phone for cheaper an who have to thank for Samsung for giving choices to the people so those hyporite can see this a affodarble phone hahaha!!! lm glad to hear that report!!!
20. frydaexiii (Posts: 1413; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
This is what Apple will probably do:
Raise the price of the next iPhone 5S by a hundred dollars when it's released (From regular $200 to $300), iPhone 5 dropped to the regular "1 generation below" price of $100.
So iPhone 5S is $300 and iPhone 5 is now $100. iPhone 5S is $200 cheaper than iPhone 5, therefore making the iPhone 5 "affordable".
23. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7043; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
ok first of all lets get this straight. APPLE DOENS'T KNOW WHAT CHEAP means. They don't want to loose any money in their crappy stock market. ANd why bother make another article like this again when it will never happened
25. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Smart move by APPLE as this would be for those consumers who live in countries that do not offer subsidized phones...good ole APPLE, always one step behind.
27. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
180 ppi, 480p display, 4GB storage, 256k RAM memory, 3.2MP camera, no front camera, no LTE radio...it could work, for apple
34. Larry_ThaGr81 (Posts: 346; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Your right, that could work for Apple in other countries that would love to have the iPhone. But just like here in the states, once some of the other country consumers start to realize how far their iPhones are behind the local competition they'll too realize that they are better options available.
But at least those who don't really care about the technological advances will be able to say they have an iPhone.
35. Larry_ThaGr81 (Posts: 346; Member since: 26 May 2011)
The display resolution might be a little to high for Apple taste. I'm thinking they may consider VGA, just to make sure they make a nice profit.
28. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1705; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Didn't they try this with the mini iPad? So my guess is the next iPhone will be a 2.5 inch with 2010 specs thus making it "affordable"
31. Larry_ThaGr81 (Posts: 346; Member since: 26 May 2011)
If Apple wants to remain a top player in the smartphone market, then they will have to give in to what people want. In the case of iPhones, people want a bigger screen right now.
32. Larry_ThaGr81 (Posts: 346; Member since: 26 May 2011)
I personally think they are going to have to bring more to the table with the next iPhone like a quad core or some sort because all the other major players are bringing highend quad cores to the market. I wouldn't worry to much about the camera because chances are Apple's 8MP camera will be adequate to keep up with first generation 13MP cameras.
33. Larry_ThaGr81 (Posts: 346; Member since: 26 May 2011)
If Apple continues to not listen to consumers, they will single handly cause more damage to themselves than other manufacturers will be able to.
Apple can't afford for it's consumers to jump ship and give Android a try now because chances they won't go back. Even average performance Android phones will seem impressive with all the technological enhancements.
Just look at what's happened so far, Apple felt they needed to create the Apple Mini for the lower end market. Now they are considering create a inferior version of the iPhone for other countries that can't afford the standard issued version.