Irony: Low-res photo shows off hi-res display on the Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5
The Samsung Galaxy Tab S slates are also both equipped with an 8MP rear-facing snapper with a 2.1MP camera in front. A fingerprint scanner is embedded in the home button, exactly where it is on the Samsung Galaxy S5. Android 4.4.2 is pre-installed.
What we have below is an ironic picture of the screen on the 10.5 inch Samsung Galaxy Tab S. What makes it ironic? It is a low resolution photograph of a high resolution screen.
source: SamMobile via GSMArena
1. The13thKing (banned) (Posts: 849; Member since: 26 Feb 2014)
And OMG I've been waiting for AMOLED Tabs for the last 3 years! this is stunning.
7. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Yes driven by the E5420 A15 with SuperAmoled
Hope its a true8core not the 4x4 octocore
19. Caveman723 (Posts: 17; Member since: 01 May 2014)
Damn! yes.. that screen has made me crawling out from my cave i tell ya!
2. akki20892 (Posts: 3798; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Oh he used 0.3MP camera. Leakers r great photographer.
5. Peeyushmalik96 (Posts: 73; Member since: 08 Jun 2013)
lol according to the source, SamMobile forum member by the name of JK Shin sent them the photographs....
3. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
These leaders, what device to do the use to take pictures. It's like they use phones from a decade a go that had vga cameras.
11. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
Lol meant to say leakers.. Just saying considering most phones have decent cameras today, you would think these leakers would take pictures that don't like they are using a camera phone from 10 years ago
14. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3806; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
Because most "leaks" are not from genuine "leakers" who would have a much better camera -- or just use the camera on the device they are "leaking".
In reality, most "leaks" are just backchannel marketing from the companies that make the devices.
4. Beijendorf (Posts: 336; Member since: 27 Aug 2013)
It's like raaa-i-aaain, on your wedding day! It's like a freeee riiiide, when you're already late!
Hint: There's nothing ironic about a low-resolution image where a high-resolution screen is included in the shot.
8. maherk (Posts: 2605; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
Can someone explain to me how on earth a low resolution picture can show the details that tell us if the screen has high resolution or not?
9. Eonnaydra (Posts: 217; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
I don't like it. 16:9 is not a good ratio, they should have made it with 4:3 and a display around 9 inches.
10. DnB925Art (Posts: 619; Member since: 23 May 2013)
I on the other hand LOVE 16:9. I hate watching videos with black bars. I also tend to hold tablets more often in landscape rather than portrait.
17. Chris_Bakke (Posts: 226; Member since: 23 Jan 2013)
You realize that it is not 16:9 but 8:5 instead, right? 2560x1440 is 16:9 but 2560x1600 is 8:5
13. true1984 (Posts: 694; Member since: 23 May 2012)
i'm sorry but(to me) they ruined it with physical buttons
15. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3806; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
Physical buttons are great for Android tablets. On screen buttons would use a huge amount of screen real estate.
16. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Like my Z2 which has 3quarter of bezels on the top and on the bottom
18. gigaraga (Posts: 1448; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
Fantastic! When are they going to go for metal on their tablets? This may raise the weight little but it would nice if they combined the metal with AMOLED for tablets, like they did with the Tab 7.7
20. tiara6918 (Posts: 1945; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
They should also release a 12 inch version, that would be perfect for a fantastic viewing experience
22. fzacek (Posts: 2472; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
I hope the fingerprint scanner isn't a horrible one like on the S5 where you have to slide your finger over it...