International version of the Samsung Galaxy S4 with LTE-A and Snapdragon 800 visits the FCC
0. phoneArena 17 Aug 2013, 02:17 posted on
The Samsung GT-i9506 has already been launched in Korea; this is the version of the Samsung Galaxy S4 with a Qualcomm Snapdrsgon 800 under the hood and LTE-A connectivity. Now, this variant of Samsung's Android flagship model has visited the FCC. Because the FCC only concerns itself with the phone as it deals with U.S. communications standards, we know that LTE band 5 (850MHz) is enabled on the device...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. TechBizJP08 (Posts: 495; Member since: 25 Mar 2013)
For sure, you won't be having something to brag.. But who else will know? hehe
8. james004 (Posts: 486; Member since: 15 May 2013)
how many GS4 are exactly out there? :/ good old nokia 3310. one model that lasted a decade without a single change.
samsung is like fashion. so hideous that it needs to be changed every 6 month.
19. Jack58221 (Posts: 152; Member since: 23 Feb 2013)
how many GS4 models are there? Well they put them out almost monthly. We should see 12 different versions our models before the GS5.
4. nobelset (Posts: 270; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
Will it be faster than the 2G network here? :O
5. _Bone_ (Posts: 2154; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Wonder if this will be LTE-A exclusive or will replace every SD600 in stores.
6. Trex95 (Posts: 852; Member since: 03 Mar 2013)
What the use of LTE-A if it's not support in lots of countries plus Note 3 in the way.
7. amats69 (Posts: 1256; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
So what will happened to the s4 fans that already bought the original S4?
14. av911 (Posts: 184; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
Nothing, my S4 will still work after this comes out. But if you want to cry about it, go ahead.
9. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
They wait for the GN 3 or the GS5. The GS5 is only like 7 months away now.
10. AMDPhenomX4 (Posts: 48; Member since: 06 Apr 2013)
Ooh, if this comes to the US I'll buy it.
13. flynfree (Posts: 374; Member since: 09 Jun 2013)
+1, I'll sell my hTc One and get this S4 sd800.
16. AMDPhenomX4 (Posts: 48; Member since: 06 Apr 2013)
I was more waiting for a better device than the original S4, and the LG G2 was darn close. If LG didn't make the storage so small and added wireless charging to all the US versions, I would buy it. LG was so close but only a 32GB option when you have a 60FPS 1080P camera is annoying. Oh well, we'll see.
18. xDrizzyXx (Posts: 64; Member since: 28 Jun 2011)
Yep same here! I had a note 2 for 6 months, but if the s800 s4 comes out in the us, especially the blue version, I'll sell my htc one and buy it :)
11. Jklaz (Posts: 158; Member since: 01 Jul 2013)
Snapdragon 800 puts this on par with everything else out today. Except the G2 will have better battery life
12. scsa852k (Posts: 329; Member since: 16 Oct 2012)
There is no LTE-A network in U.S.
15. rdemon (Posts: 48; Member since: 23 Aug 2012)
Hopefully this version comes out on September 4th with the Note 3. That IPuny 5s wouldn't stand a chance.
17. dmat3889 (Posts: 14; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
As a first day buyer of the S4, its hard to care about this upgraded S4. Right now mine can do everything I possibly want. I coupled that with the zero lemon battery and dont see a reason why I should have to have the new one.
20. AfterShock (Posts: 3698; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
Kind of a shame all them folks with low end S4's.
Almost like last year's tech.
I guess it's not like anyone can tell from the outside, they all look the same.
(Just don't power it on everywhere)
21. singhsidak54 (Posts: 1; Member since: 11 Sep 2013)
I purchased s4 on the first day it came out here. After 7 days there were more than 4 types of s4 available but now one more is coming which is better than the original one. I won't ever buy samsung's flagship device anytime sooner. Infact I might move to iOS.