International Samsung Galaxy S III (GT-I9300) receiving Android 4.3 update starting today
0. phoneArena 04 Nov 2013, 11:44 posted on
It was just Sunday when we told you that Android 4.3 for the international version of the Samsung Galaxy S III started to leak; now it is Monday and the official launch of the update for the device has begun. The first model to receive the update will be the version of the Samsung Galaxy S III used by Vodafone customers in Ireland...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
6. ghaniosman (Posts: 69; Member since: 06 Jun 2013)
There's no limit and cure for greed my friend
7. ilia1986 (unregistered)
Custom 4.4 roms should come in a few weeks. :)
4. Wiki_jaan (Posts: 704; Member since: 24 Jun 2012)
4.4 is new ..... so wait for few months u ll get it
dont be so greedy ....
i think (may be m wrong) s3 is first 2012 device(non nexus) getting 4.3
12. Wiki_jaan (Posts: 704; Member since: 24 Jun 2012)
u mean note2
coz note3 launched with 4.3 loaded
13. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7036; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Too early for 4.4 everything must be tested first.
19. molanjames (Posts: 65; Member since: 11 Oct 2012)
I dont know about 4.4 but i got 4.3 update for my s3 via http://www.smartphonesupdates.
2. ianbbaa (Posts: 296; Member since: 20 Mar 2013)
I am just wondering why this device carry proper hardware for ANT+ connectivity and they just make it to work 1 1/2 year after its launch.
I was happy when i saw that Note3 supports it - then we saw that even S4 will get it via 4.3 update....but for S3 it is surprising news. It is even more surprising when Samm wants to push B-TOOTH 4 LE (aka Btooth SMART).
9. FYoung (Posts: 41; Member since: 08 Oct 2013)
"It is even more surprising when Samm wants to push B-TOOTH 4 LE (aka Btooth SMART)."
Actually, as you may know, the only reason Samsung is updating the S3 and a few other late model phones to Android 4.3 is to enable Bluetooth LE on them, since that is required for Galaxy Gear to work.
About 30% of Gears were reportedly being returned by disatisfied customers because Gear was compatible with only one phone. So, Samsung put the rush on to increase the number of compatible devices before the Christmas rush.
10. .KRATOS. (Posts: 183; Member since: 15 Mar 2013)
Samsung we want also the galaxy s2 to get the update, it will be unfair not to update it, millions of users are wondering n waiting, Come on samsung do the right thing.
11. cR203 (Posts: 194; Member since: 27 Jan 2013)
I hope my international note 2 will be following and getting 4.3 soon. I also hope my galaxy mega 6.3 will be getting the update too.
14. galanoth (Posts: 396; Member since: 26 Nov 2011)
So the S3 is getting 4.3 today.
The HTC One X came about before the Galaxy S 3. Does it have 4.3 yet?
16. joseram695 (Posts: 79; Member since: 28 May 2012)
What the heck!!!!!! I have a S4 and I'm still stuck on 4.2.2! what the heck Samsung you update the S3 before my S4!!!!!!
17. Sriniva1995 (Posts: 33; Member since: 06 Nov 2013)
Hey S4 users stop being selfish its been almost a year since Samsung updated S3 so it is fair that they update S3 before S4
18. joseram695 (Posts: 79; Member since: 28 May 2012)
Not trying to be selfish just saying flagships should see the update first or at least the same time.