International HTC One models to receive Android 4.4.2 no later than next month?
0. phoneArena 04 Jan 2014, 23:54 posted on
HTC insider@LlabTooFer sent out a tweet on Saturday to reveal that according to his information, the international version of the HTC One will receive the Android 4.4.2 update next month at the latest. Of course, the stock Android HTC One Google Play edition has already received the update to the latest build of Google's open source OS...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. mad_bro (Posts: 17; Member since: 05 Dec 2013)
hope they can add some new features not just 4.4.2 just to show you already have that red choco running on your One.
6. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10434; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Sense 6 isn't going to make its debut here then. It will with Android 5.0 in Q3.
7. mad_bro (Posts: 17; Member since: 05 Dec 2013)
i'm not expecting android 5.0 for HTC One but atleast if they push Sense 6, that's gonna be a good update.
2. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Happy to see that HTC is improving themselves, they're fast at updating their phones recently. But don't forget your older One and Desire series. Keep up the good work HTC!
5. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10434; Member since: 14 May 2012)
One X isn't getting KitKat. How do I know? Old school Sensation owner.
9. giani (Posts: 269; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
Hey, Sensation was by far the bettter phone on its time. I know for a fact that the reason why it's not getting more updates it's due to the poor processor (s3 dual?!). I think at that time it was the better phone by far (android wise). What people need to understand is that there is no point to get the latest version if that means the phone will run like crap.
10. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10434; Member since: 14 May 2012)
The phone was pretty crappy... It was a lag fest thanks to Sense 3 and 3.6 after the update. I was glad when I got rid of it. The camera sucked too btw.
3. mr.techdude (Posts: 569; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
I have HTC one and I'm soooo excited but what about but my other HTC one x, isn't it going to get it cause I know it's past 18 months but it can Handel 4.4 since it's low memory conserving.
4. TechCrazyedBoy (Posts: 129; Member since: 12 Nov 2013)
huhuhuhuhu HTC One users in Malaysia are hoping with joy to hear this new post..
8. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3713; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
"Android 4.4.2 will not be coming to the HTC One with Sense 6 (which can also be called the sixth Sense)."
Nooice! +1 to Alan F for that one.
11. ahhxd717 (Posts: 332; Member since: 08 Dec 2011)
I'd rather them delay the US HTC One update so we can get Sense 6 rather than pushing it sooner so we can just say "we have kitkat!". I'm guessing there will be more new features with a Sense update. Plus, since Android has been muuuuch better with Jellybean, I don't feel the need to get the newest update asap.
13. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3713; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
No chance the Sixth Sense appears on any phone until well after the M8 debuts with it. You'd be waiting a very long time. 4.4 + 5.5 is as good as it will get for a while.
12. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
Didn't htc say within 90days of kk release so the latest should be this month.
15. Lauticol (Posts: 326; Member since: 25 Jun 2011)
HTC One already has 4.4, this is for 4.4.2
16. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
I'm pretty sure it's only the developer edition and Google play editions that have it kit kat.. Their original statement was play editions will have it within 15 days, developer editions within 30 days and carrier versions etc within 90days(all from the announcement of kk)
17. rover3500 (Posts: 1; Member since: 13 Jan 2014)
My HTC One is up to date atm,it has 4.3 and sense 5
14. gomulkaaa (Posts: 42; Member since: 02 Sep 2011)
What's supposed to be different between 4.3 and 4.4.2? With Sense being in-place, I'm sure that visually there will be few, if any, changes.