International HTC One has begun getting Android 4.3 and Sense 5.5 OTA
Among the biggest updates that Sense 5.5 brings are some much needed improvement on BlinkFeed, like the option to turn off the social aggregator on and off – a pretty serious omission, considering that you're forced to stare at it, like it or not. HTC definitely got the message, for they have further improved upon their proprietary feature, and it now also interweaves content from new streams, such as Google+ and Instagram, not to mention that you can also save up to 120 articles for later, offline reading. Video Highlights have also been improved and can now be as long as you want them to be, instead of having a pesky limit. Other improvements include an improved Gallery app, an easier, more visual multitasking and a plethora of minor refinements and bug fixes.
If, at the sight of the title, you immediately reached out for your HTC One and were met with no update, then you'll have to sit tight (like us) and wait for it to happen, as pretty much all Android updates are normally distributed in batches that ensure that a unknown cataclysmic bug won't fry your device.
Source: @LlabTooFeR via Pocket-lint
1. Shatter (Posts: 1658; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Wait the tmobile version got 4.3 before the international?
11. CanYouSeeTheLight (Posts: 539; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
The internation got 4.3 for a long time now, this is with the new Sense 5.5 that debuted with the max.
2. SAYED-EJAZ (Posts: 165; Member since: 10 Oct 2013)
Thats pretyy quick , Massive clap for HTC !
3. _Bone_ (Posts: 1750; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Only took a year and a half to move away from 4.1.
7. PapaSmurf (Posts: 4219; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Thumbnail for article is the One Max, but the article pertains to the One...
19. b1acktiger (Posts: 174; Member since: 19 May 2012)
Its not One Max, i can't see any Finger print scanner on its back
9. mr.techdude (Posts: 263; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
HTC really is learning from its mistakes but what about older HTC devices like sensation series which they pulled HTC up, one x/+ DNA/butterfly
10. roldefol (Posts: 2855; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Sensation series is dead. One X I don't expect HTC to pay much attention to, but they definitely should. The DNA/Butterfly isn't even a year old, so it deserves prompt attention.
20. Shatter (Posts: 1658; Member since: 29 May 2013)
If you wanted updates you should of bought a Nexus.
12. user996 (Posts: 123; Member since: 25 Feb 2013)
international version has some bugs and those do not allow to install latest software
14. Icebird (Posts: 2; Member since: 24 Jul 2013)
does the verizon variant have sense 5.5 already preinstalled?
16. ahmed_ali_yossef2010 (Posts: 154; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
they have 2 updated interface this is innovation :)
17. StellaR (Posts: 2; Member since: 17 Feb 2013)
two are subheadings of two different headings,
18. ahmed_ali_yossef2010 (Posts: 154; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
yes you are right
I was just kidding but I got owned :)