Internal Verizon document calls for possible July 9th launch date for Samsung Galaxy S III
0. phoneArena 05 Jun 2012, 22:11 posted on
A blurry internal Verizon document shows that tyhe nation's largest carrier intends to launch it's version of the Samsung Galaxy S III as late as July 9th, more than 2 weeks after the phone is released by both T-Mobile and Sprint...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. doubler86 (Posts: 320; Member since: 26 Jan 2011)
I doubt Verizon is that stupid to not launch it on June 21st with the other carriers. ...Or at least I hope they're not that stupid.
2. iblackdroid (Posts: 67; Member since: 19 Jul 2011)
It's not that big a deal... I can wait 2 more weeks
3. crysiswarmonger (Posts: 78; Member since: 06 Feb 2012)
forget sprint, they do not even have a 4g network.
5. ardent1 (Posts: 2000; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
Sprint has WiMax, it is still considered 4G and their LTE 4G network will come online later this year (if you believe Sprint).
10. doubler86 (Posts: 320; Member since: 26 Jan 2011)
Yes but their LTE phones do not use wiimax so they are only 3G till the new LTE towers are finally set up.
14. ardent1 (Posts: 2000; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
Reread the original comment -- crysiswarmonger was wrong about Sprint not having 4G, the poster was FACTUALLY incorrect.
For the record, Sprint has deployed WiMax since 2008 (source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/4
4. ardent1 (Posts: 2000; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
Considering Verizon didn't participate in Samsung G2 program, I will be surprised to see how this device sells on Verizon's network.
7. remtothemax (Posts: 260; Member since: 02 May 2012)
Uh, pretty well, I would imagine. A good phone is a good phone.
Did the iPhone on Verizon suffer because Verizon didn't participate in Apple's iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, and iPhone 4 programs?
6. Saamic (Posts: 119; Member since: 20 Feb 2012)
I can confirm this I was there today and that's what a sales representative told me
8. WhyNotRadioShack (Posts: 13; Member since: 01 Jun 2012)
RadioShack started offering the pre-orders on all versions of the SG3 today as well.
9. WhyNotRadioShack (Posts: 13; Member since: 01 Jun 2012)
Why would they wait until then when ATT is releasing it on the 21st?
11. Xquisite (Posts: 87; Member since: 23 Apr 2012)
Heres a non blurry picture of the document.
12. yougotkilled1 (Posts: 167; Member since: 27 Apr 2011)
If verizon continues with the galaxy series in the future, I can see the droid line-up going downhill. One phone makes a difference :D
13. mettec (Posts: 13; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
I had to call customer service yesterday so I decided to ask the rep if he knew when the new data shared plans come into effect? He said that it was going to be in july. So then I asked him if the S3 is going to be released before the data change or after and said that his notes say Pre-sale June 6th ( tomorrow ) and release date of July 9th so he said the S3 will be out before the new data changes. That is good news for me since I still have my Dinc. and need a new device while keeping my unlimited data for two more years. Going to Best Buy today and pre-order it.
16. dcgore (Posts: 225; Member since: 24 Feb 2012)
I don't know why Verizon thinks all these crazy delays are ok. The thunderbolt was pushed back like 2 months, the Galaxy Nexus about one month, now this. B/c of this and more, i am a former vz costumer.