Intel unveils its upcoming smartphone chips endorsed by Visa payWave, ARM acts amused
0. phoneArena 27 Feb 2012, 12:57 posted on
Intel announced that its new platform for smartphones Atom Z2460, formerly known as Mefield, will now hit CPU speeds up to 2GHz. The is shipping as we speak, and Intel has entered manufacturing partnerships with ZTE, Lenovo, the Indians from Lava and the carrier Orange, which has its Santa Clara handset with Atom Z2469 at MWC, running Android...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Technoholik (Posts: 5; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
Intel rules pc world...hope it gets same fame with mobile chips
2. pokharkarsaga (Posts: 382; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
intel should make a dual core soc with latest powervr gpu integrated.this will bang the market.
4. jove39 (Posts: 1819; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Intel has already announced...Atom Z2580 equipped with PowerVR SGX 544MP2 @ 533MHz...expected in Q2.
3. squallz506 (banned) (Posts: 1075; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
i must be a total nerd but this excerpt from the press release got me the most excited:
"Otellini discussed how the Atom™ processor will outpace Moore's Law and announced that Intel will ship 22nm SoCs for carrier certification next year, and is already in development on 14nm SoC technology."
5. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
I hope Intel loses this war and goes to oblivion.
ARM has contributed so much more to this brave new power efficient era of computing.
Anyone hoping Intel "rules the market" in this case too, knows nothing about their history.
6. crankyd00d (Posts: 191; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
And you know nothing about the market. Competition is your friend, Intel jumping into the game means better processors from ARM :-)