Intel to produce a batch of Apple's next A7 chipset generation
0. phoneArena 12 Mar 2013, 08:26 posted on
Hot on the heels of Intel cosying up to Apple for chip production comes the report that actually 10% of the A7 chip for the next iPhone and iPad generations might be coming from ChipZilla...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
See, Apple? You are very lucky to have Intel with you, stop doing stupid things like SUING...
9. iWorld (Posts: 85; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
Apple doesn't need Intel rather Intel needs Apple.
10. Contreramanjaro (Posts: 153; Member since: 04 Dec 2011)
Neither company needs the other but they could both possibly benefit from each other. Not every story has a hero.
12. lyndon420 (Posts: 3254; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
In another year or 2 apple will be very needy...unless they stop screwing with their partners and stop trying to patent the universe for products they will most likely never make.
13. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 8393; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
The only thing apple needs is real competition.
4. nikenturd (unregistered)
Intel is a behemoth...but why do they lag so much in terms of smartphone/ tablet technology? with their power and resources they couldve easily topped the mobile arena.
5. imkyle (Posts: 1065; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
I'd be curious to see a quad core processor from them in a Nexus Device.
7. TylerGrunter (Posts: 1478; Member since: 16 Feb 2012)
Will that mean that they'll use two technologies then?
Cause TSMC uses 28nm, while Intel uses 32nm and 22nm... I wonder which one will they use in the new chip, cause the 10% getting it can end up being either a bit unlucky or extremelly lucky :D
8. dragonscourgex (Posts: 307; Member since: 16 Jan 2012)
Since they are making the chips for Apple, and not their own products, I would have to assume they would use whatever Apple ask for.
14. MC1123 (Posts: 1254; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
what wait... so the next gen of iPad will use x86 architecture?
16. mr.sammygalaxynote3 (Posts: 15; Member since: 13 Mar 2013)
It doesn't change the fact..Apple always get sliced.....I think if Apple work with Intel doesn't make any growth of Apple,Apple will find other company like Nvidia Tegra cause Apple just want to race in Gigahert with Samsung and Motorola.....