Intel to produce a batch of Apple's next A7 chipset generation
0. phoneArena posted on 12 Mar 2013, 08:26
Hot on the heels of Intel cosying up to Apple for chip production comes the report that actually 10% of the A7 chip for the next iPhone and iPad generations might be coming from ChipZilla...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. xperiaDROID posted on 12 Mar 2013, 08:43 0 6
See, Apple? You are very lucky to have Intel with you, stop doing stupid things like SUING...
10. Contreramanjaro posted on 12 Mar 2013, 10:52 4 0
Neither company needs the other but they could both possibly benefit from each other. Not every story has a hero.
12. lyndon420 posted on 12 Mar 2013, 13:46 0 0
In another year or 2 apple will be very needy...unless they stop screwing with their partners and stop trying to patent the universe for products they will most likely never make.
13. Mxyzptlk posted on 12 Mar 2013, 15:28 0 0
The only thing apple needs is real competition.
4. nikenturd (unregistered) posted on 12 Mar 2013, 08:53 3 0
Intel is a behemoth...but why do they lag so much in terms of smartphone/ tablet technology? with their power and resources they couldve easily topped the mobile arena.
5. imkyle posted on 12 Mar 2013, 09:02 0 0
I'd be curious to see a quad core processor from them in a Nexus Device.
7. TylerGrunter posted on 12 Mar 2013, 09:23 0 0
Will that mean that they'll use two technologies then?
Cause TSMC uses 28nm, while Intel uses 32nm and 22nm... I wonder which one will they use in the new chip, cause the 10% getting it can end up being either a bit unlucky or extremelly lucky :D
8. dragonscourgex posted on 12 Mar 2013, 10:10 0 0
Since they are making the chips for Apple, and not their own products, I would have to assume they would use whatever Apple ask for.
14. MC1123 posted on 12 Mar 2013, 17:16 0 0
what wait... so the next gen of iPad will use x86 architecture?
16. mr.sammygalaxynote3 posted on 13 Mar 2013, 09:31 0 0
It doesn't change the fact..Apple always get sliced.....I think if Apple work with Intel doesn't make any growth of Apple,Apple will find other company like Nvidia Tegra cause Apple just want to race in Gigahert with Samsung and Motorola.....