Intel readies first fanless Haswell processor for tablets and convertibles, can we say Surface 2?
1. nlbates66 (Posts: 328; Member since: 15 Aug 2012)
good stuff, the i5 3rd gen tablets can run Heroes of Newerth and world of tanks well, the next gen should be even better.
5. haseebzahid (Posts: 1853; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
World of tanks isnt that hard to run its well optimized game
2. vincelongman (Posts: 3872; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
I hope Microsoft also release a version with Windows 8 and a Intel Atom Z3770 Bay Trail. I'm looking for a cheap tablet with a keyboard case or a cheap laptop for uni next year.
3. pongkie (Posts: 533; Member since: 20 Aug 2011)
I wish they make 8" with the fanless haswell windows 8.1 with great battery life
4. TheLolGuy (Posts: 483; Member since: 05 Mar 2013)
This won't be coming with the Surface Pro. That or they're making 2 Surface products. One lightweight and fanless, and the other for mobility yet productivity. Lets face it -- a 4.5 watt processor is not going to do much more than an RT tablet. The x86 compatibility won't mean much if it doesn't have the grunt.
If they don't drop the Windows RT line, with nVidia hinting that Microsoft wants to keep it around, it looks like there might even be 3 Surfaces. Maybe it'll go in a mini 8" version.
6. accue (Posts: 1; Member since: 27 Jul 2013)
Convertible tablet: what can be done and what can not :