Intel planning to cut power consumption on its chips by 41%
0. phoneArena 05 Sep 2012, 03:17 posted on
Intel’s fourth generation of its “Core” processor line will sport better performance and draw far less power...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. JoeBelfiore (banned) (Posts: 79; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
Wtf September 11? Intel have you chosen the wrong date?
6. Raptor9142 (Posts: 41; Member since: 15 Apr 2012)
they choose date according to their work plans, nothing is wrong with it. 11 sept came and went and its over.
24. htc_prep (Posts: 303; Member since: 09 Oct 2009)
wait. pause. its a day before Apples key note and "Apple, Inc. has been a visible player giving Intel feedback rooted in the desire to build more energy efficient computing products"
18. FoneAddict (Posts: 257; Member since: 05 Jul 2011)
If all companies avoided launching products because some heinous act occurred on that particular date in history then no dates would be available! It's silly, time to move on...
25. Das70 (Posts: 124; Member since: 05 Jan 2011)
Dont be fricking stupid. Its just another date. The 9-11 tradgedy happened 11 f'ing years ago. Grow the hell up and move on. Again I ask whats wrong with that date???? Maybe we should not have any expiration dates on food for that date as well.
26. juanyunis (Posts: 73; Member since: 31 Aug 2012)
Man, now that you mention it, it's hard to believe that 11 years have passed. i feel kinda old now :(
7. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 2235; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
Intel should stop bragging, about their chips. And make something already ... that orange phone? Just got IcS..:-\ bring a game changer, to the market.
17. Cyan3boN (Posts: 444; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
they are shaping up their big guns. they will be back with a bang. dont forget that they develop the badass adreno GPUs
9. MeoCao (unregistered)
This is how competition pushes progress. Intel and MS abuse their monopoly for many years and we have to live with very inefficient technology.
Now with ARM and Linux and Android, things begin to change fast.
11. JoeBelfiore (banned) (Posts: 79; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
What a fanboy.
Intel chips even a single core Atom are on par with quad core ARM counterpart.
Its just that Intel have been pursing for performance for years in PC where power doesn't really matter..
12. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
yeah.. intel are really superior... and intel isnt really playing monopoly.. its just that intel chips do every task right! AMD is good but not as good as intel.. one thing i like abut AMD chips is that it doesnt overhit like intel's...
14. MeoCao (unregistered)
Can you find mobile Intel chips anywhere?
I just can't count how many fans and adapters I need for my PC.
15. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Lol, and you are calling him a fanboy?
Here are some facts:
- Krait dual core at 1.5GHz is about 50 percent
more capable in computing, while being more energy efficient than 1.6GHz Medfield single core.
- Numbers for ARM A15 dual core will be even more superior in comparison to Intel chip
- Quad core Krait or A15 absolutely trash Medfield ,there's no comparison at all.
If Intel is superior, why doesn't it simply put a dual core Medfield?
Because it would be twice more power hungry than dual core Krait or A15.
22. Silvermont (Posts: 1; Member since: 05 Sep 2012)
By Atom he means Cedarview or Pineview not Medfield. Bring it to x86 then we shall see...... even Wolfdale will RAPE A15 clock to clock not to mention The Bugatti veyron of cpu's S-E 3960X just pray Intel doesnt bring any new architecture of SOC.
19. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1888; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
I don't know if I can really agree with you. Have you use the new i7 processor? That line of processors are amazing. Compare to the computer we are using 5 yrs ago, it's just amazing. Beside, the problem of creating faster processors are overheating, and it's a problem since day one. Beside, you can make your CPU uses less energy as you want, the screen is still the battery killer.
20. infernal88 (Posts: 113; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
have u used AMD phenom II 4x ....i have it in my pc ..overall it may not give same benchmark results as it i7 counterpart does but it will be not so far behind ... coming to real life performance my processor is 2 years old now and it just can runs every thing and as many apps at same time as gd as intel's i7 .. except i would have paid double wat i paid for the AMD ..and well :/ for some reason all of my previous intel processor got set on fire xD i assure u they are not the heat surviver type
27. JoeBelfiore (banned) (Posts: 79; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
Lmao, for AMD Bulldozer with 8 cores not even outperforming Second Generation i5, you tell me AMD is better? LOL
28. infernal88 (Posts: 113; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
did u actually read my comment ! ... i said it is not as gd ... but it as real life performance it just handle every thing i throw at it ...and the price/performance ratio would go for AMD since it is alot cheaper than intel ,,,and the half life thing of intel is a killer too
10. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
i think if intel will announce new phone chips, Windows Phones should have them!!!
16. jove39 (Posts: 1781; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
My wish too...but problem is ARM chips consume 2w and could be under clocked to 100mhz for idle power saving...but intel's Atom which also consumes 2w or little over gives no real power saving benefit below 600mhz :(
Once intel get all this corrected...ARM will release next gen design for mobile SOC to catch up on raw power of x86...intel really need to plan well to beat ARM...which I don't see happening in about 5yrs
29. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
i dont really know this all power thing... but i wish intel will make mobile chips now!!!
kinda disappointed that none of the new motorola phones are intel-base phones
13. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
21. speckledapple (Posts: 892; Member since: 29 Sep 2011)
looks like my next laptop/tablet might be running this processor