Intel interested in building Apple's A4, A5 chips
0. phoneArena posted on 03 May 2011, 20:48
Giant chip producer Intel wants to be considered as a possible source of Apple's mobile A4 and A5 chips currently being built by Samsung; Apple is also looking at some independent foundries...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. luis_lopez_351 posted on 03 May 2011, 22:13 1
Dont do it!!!! Apple will make you sign a contract and sue you afterwards...just like samsung xD
2. Lucas777 posted on 03 May 2011, 22:20 2
ya apples just smart like that. and anyways samsung has made a crapload so it barely matters
6. SomeGuy (unregistered) posted on 04 May 2011, 11:56 1
They sued them for BLATANTLY ripping off Apple's designs. Have you seen the the Galaxy line side by side with the iPhone and iPod touch?
8. Cheddarman (unregistered) posted on 04 May 2011, 14:32 0
If you read stuff you would know that the lawsuits are not about existing products.
they are about the next line of samsung products that are not even released yet. Samsung has come out and said as much...
also how are they stealing from apple when apple buys everything from them? Illogical good sir.
9. SomeGuy (unregistered) posted on 04 May 2011, 17:26 1
Pretty sure it says designed by Apple and not Samsung on the iPhone.
Even the layout of the apps on the phone looks the same.
3. Diana (unregistered) posted on 03 May 2011, 22:45 0
I am pretty sure we saw this coming cause Samsung is not going to give Apple jack from here on 8)
4. daniel_bargs posted on 04 May 2011, 05:16 1
whoever manufactures it, be it samsung or TSMC or intel, i hope they would ruin apple's processors just like not soldering one part so that it would not operate as desired. Apples are meant to rot and this apple has been preserved for a long time.
7. SomeGuy (unregistered) posted on 04 May 2011, 11:58 1
Do you really think Apple would allow that? They have control measures for manufacturing just like any other company.
Ever hear of quality control?
5. IOS5 (unregistered) posted on 04 May 2011, 05:25 0
by the way the first company support Steve jobs when he start first time it's intel! But Windows screw the deal, don't worry ppl they ate good friends.
10. som posted on 04 May 2011, 17:54 1
What happen when Intel decide to build a smartphone from Apple chips. Apple will running around to a different companies every year for components and supplies.