Intel announces low priced smartphone aimed for Kenya
0. phoneArena 24 Jan 2013, 23:07 posted on
Intel is launching a smartphone in Africa called the Yolo which will sell for $125 via Safaricom and as you might expect, is not exactly a high-end device with a 3.5 inch screen with resolution of 320 x 480 and is powered with a single-core 1.2GHz processor and HSPA+ connectivity and the mystery is who actually built the handset...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. ocilfa (Posts: 334; Member since: 03 Aug 2012)
WOW! Look at the performance of that darker green bar!
4. caustictoast (Posts: 30; Member since: 07 Aug 2012)
That's the 3d graphics bar. In other words it's good at those.
8. Sangeet (Posts: 232; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Because it was made by lava ,why the hell did intel chose the worst manufacturer to debut such a good chip??
9. Cyan3boN (Posts: 429; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
XOLO was only marketed by Lava. it was manufactured by gigabyte
14. predator93 (Posts: 122; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
Lava xolo x500 has been announced in India, it is more or less the same as yolo. There are very less genuine phone manufacturers in India most of them get it manufactured by a Chinese company and sell them under their name. I would have bought xolo x 900 if it had expandable memory and removable battery.
11. Shubham412302 (Posts: 318; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
intel provides updates to xolo x900...
even root exploit in ics was removed through ota update...
i didnt bought xolo because it was unable to root
5. MC1123 (Posts: 1251; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
very very interesting move by intel..but i thought that the yolo phone was a phone by another company? they should change that since most companies now has the "sue flu"!
anyways cant wait for what more intel going to bring to the mobile market! i wish an i7 phone! WP8/9,BB10 or android(even though i dont like this) i'll try it!
7. nwright94 (unregistered)
The perfect phone for twitter Tweens. YOLO haha
10. MC1123 (Posts: 1251; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
why is intel taking backs.. they release the first intel- base phone under the lenovo name but only made available in china... they only make few releases even though their phone chips are comparable to what ARM-base can bring... come on intel you can do better than that! you got loads of money!!
12. saiki4116 (Posts: 371; Member since: 31 Mar 2011)
The phone shown is intel's refernce design and the same phone is getting rebranded as XOLO and will be launched in India
15. RohanM (Posts: 135; Member since: 15 Jan 2013)
Intel u r the king in desktops, cm'on bring the magic to smartphones also...
aaahhhh bring i7 in smatphones... it will destroy all chips by just an announcement .... LOL
16. Black_Dynamite (Posts: 6; Member since: 29 May 2012)
Awesome! A low cost, quality smartphone for Obama's county of birth.[sarcasm]