Intel announces 64-bit Merrifield and Moorefield mobile processors, signs new agreements with Lenovo, Asus, Dell and Foxconn
0. phoneArena 24 Feb 2014, 03:47 posted on
The first mobile devices based on the Intel Atom Z3480 Merrifield should be launched in the second quarter of the year. The Atom Moorefield will not be released until the second half of 2014...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. _Bone_ (Posts: 2154; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Damn things are speeding up today. What what?
2. livyatan (Posts: 867; Member since: 19 Jun 2013)
Yes..the only way for them to stay in the game is by using the licensed GPU.
The Intel integrated graphics are just far from competitive with Qualcomm, Imagination and ARM
4. Birds (Posts: 1154; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
Yeah the Mali series is really good. I'm just highly disappointed with Nvidia's promises. I don't think the K1 will be more powerful, graphic wise than the Adreno 440 or the Mali t-760. If it is (I haven't done much research, only speculating based on previous history), the K1 will overpriced and won't sell as well as it should.
9. TheCynicalTechie (Posts: 78; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
What in the hell are you talking about? Look at the Iris Pro graphics, I have seen people play Crysis on that (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mh6RbxQahgE).
This isn't the graphics from Intel of old, they crush ARM in to dust.
3. Reverence (Posts: 224; Member since: 16 Jul 2012)
No one uses intel and no one should. There is nothing mind blowing like the tegra k1. They simply know how to copy other processors and that's it
7. yann (Posts: 177; Member since: 15 Jul 2010)
Man, what are you using? What kind if pills? Are you high?
6. AnukulVcool (unregistered)
moore field hahahaha
8. osanilevich (Posts: 284; Member since: 29 Sep 2009)
Judging by the companies listed (and the fact that it's Intel mobile) we won't be seeing any of this stuff stateside. It's so weird how dell is american (right?) yet the only contribution they made to the US market is the Aero which was probably one of the worst phones of all time