Intel: Medfield LTE phones coming "later this year and ramping into 2013"
Now, Intel confirms that it is planning to fix that soon, probably in 2013 and multi-core chips will also start arriving in the near future. Currently, the Intel Atom processor for smartphones is available in a single-core variety only, but Intel claims it’s on par with competition because of hyperthreading, a technology that splits processes in threads and effectively works out similarly to multiple cores in ARM processors.
Intel will be “shipping some LTE products later this year and ramping into 2013,″ the marketing chief added.
So far, Intel claims it’s happy with sales of its six Android smartphones released in countries like China, India, the UK, Russia and other parts of Europe.
7. speckledapple (Posts: 877; Member since: 29 Sep 2011)
it will be and i cant wait to try it out.
2. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5464; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Good news! I'm glad that Intel is stepping into mobile world. :)
3. ajac09 (Posts: 1346; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
wonder how long till Intel and the phone manufactures decide america is ready for an American designed processor to return home
4. kamil (Posts: 115; Member since: 07 Feb 2012)
oh please be an core iX processor i have much hope for intel
5. jibraihimi (Posts: 660; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
It's going to be expensive as hell............
6. medicci37 (Posts: 597; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
Would like to know how the graphics compare to Arm processors.
8. TylerGrunter (Posts: 866; Member since: 16 Feb 2012)
They use the same GPU as the ARM ones, so there won´t be any suprise there. Medfield and Clover Trail use PowerVR SGX 5XX GPUS.
By the way: that´s probably the reason why someone thumbed you down.
9. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
just bring them up already!!!
really happy that intel is making LTE chips now!
how about AMD?