Install the Gingerbread QWERTY onto your Android 2.2 or 2.1 device
Click on the source link from your phone's browser(make sure you are on Wi-Fi if possible) and select either Android 2,2 or 2.1. Download the new software and then change the settings to the Gingerbread keyboard and you're finished. Thanks to some new shortcuts for spelling corrections and punctuations, you should find the new QWERTY to run faster and more smoothly than the current Android keyboard.
source: Xda-developers via DroidLife
1. Exile SS posted on 19 Dec 2010, 14:09 0
The keyboard pops up just fine, but force closes every single time i try to type anything. Using MyTouch 4G unrooted 2.2..... This was one of the major things i like about Gingerbread too. Oh Well
2. Mondo (unregistered) posted on 19 Dec 2010, 16:50 0
keyboard installed but is very small (tiny) and unusable on my unrooted Droid2 2.2...sigh
4. networkdood posted on 19 Dec 2010, 17:03 0
You must have the wrong DROID phone - my cappy runs this keyboard just fine - are you all amateurs at flashing ROMs....please read up at XDA vefore you damage your phone.
7. irrelevant (unregistered) posted on 19 Dec 2010, 17:53 0
you don't need to root on this, just press the dowwnload button lol. But anyways, this keyboard is crazy silky smooth on my galaxy s, im lovin it so far
12. seenu posted on 19 Dec 2010, 23:08 0
where can i dowload? plz can you help me for my galaxy s
9. indybrent (unregistered) posted on 19 Dec 2010, 20:37 0
Works great on Evolution 2.2......lovin' it!
10. Alv01 (unregistered) posted on 19 Dec 2010, 22:19 0
Works really great in X10 Mini thanks for the hard work this guys are doing will love sony ericson could work as fast as this guys !
11. Alv01 (unregistered) posted on 19 Dec 2010, 22:20 0
Works really great in X10 Mini, thanks for the hard work this guys are doing, will love sony ericson could work as fast as this guys !
13. ben (unregistered) posted on 20 Dec 2010, 00:30 0
amazing keyboard :D:D:D
htc desire 2.2 unrooted.
14. srikanth (unregistered) posted on 20 Dec 2010, 02:45 0
Force close on my Htc Wildfire.
can some 1 help regarding this .. plss
15. cw0974 posted on 20 Dec 2010, 03:30 0
The keyboard is really small. It is definitely smaller than the stock keyboard.
Anyone else having this issue? Im on the droid X by the way.
16. protozeloz posted on 20 Dec 2010, 06:46 0
a super tiny keyboard?
yes its being reported xda guys are on it
17. cw0974 posted on 20 Dec 2010, 12:08 0
it's not tiny. but it's definitely shorter than the stock. i've been reading that it is supposed to be that way. Mine isn't as bad as some droid 2 users saying that they can't even read the keys. Mine's not that small.
18. Tacoboi (unregistered) posted on 21 Dec 2010, 00:47 0
I like it so far! Seems like I screw up a lot less!
19. mez2010 (unregistered) posted on 21 Dec 2010, 15:22 0
Works great on my samsung mezmerize (aka fascinate) ! Its so much smoother than the standard 2.1 keyboard!
20. PeteHTCDHD (unregistered) posted on 23 Dec 2010, 10:21 0
Installed it loads of times on my Desire HD, and the results are the same....a forced close whenever i touch a key, the only ones that work are the punctations. It even does it on the Android keyboard i found online and installed. I've searched around the net, and no one seems to have a fix or know what the problem is. A bit crap really...