Instagram update live in Google Play Store; update halts crashing issue on new Android models
0. phoneArena 03 Jun 2012, 18:05 posted on
With Instagram crashing on some of the newer Android handsets like the Samsung Galaxy S III, the HTC One X and its cousin, the HTC EVO 4G LTE, there is now an upgrade in the Google Play Store that takers care of the problem...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Sniggly (Posts: 7199; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Hope the update fixes the issues described.
In the meantime, we sold all but one of our Evos. Some customers came from other stores where they were sold out. Oh yeah. I'd call that a successful launch. It took us a few days to sell out of our 4ses. :)
3. SinoTheLegend (banned) (Posts: 3; Member since: 03 Jun 2012)
I know this is a stupid question but what exactly is Instagram? Is it something like Photobucket?
4. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
it's a picture sharing service, kind of like a facebook for photos
5. 09wbd03516 (banned) (Posts: 140; Member since: 30 May 2012)
y taco explain this to android user... Dont u wanna say something like 'android ruined instagram' ?
7. SinoTheLegend (banned) (Posts: 3; Member since: 03 Jun 2012)
Lol actually I'm a Windows Phone user.
9. QinEmpire (Posts: 145; Member since: 16 May 2012)
I say, it works fine on all iPhones. Look at how many updates instagram have pushed yet some device still can't use.
Fragmentation is indeed on the horizon for Android.
10. cheeseycheeser (Posts: 404; Member since: 24 Mar 2011)
Ok, what it does is put a vintage filter on your photos, and then you can share them within instagram and optionionally to facebook, Twitter etc.
6. savien808 (Posts: 59; Member since: 27 Aug 2011)
the latest update stopped the force closing on my htc sensation 4g. however if i try to use any effects on my photo's, my whole phone freezes and i have to remove the battery to get it to work. i can still upload pics i just cant use any effects. hopefully it will get another update
8. QinEmpire (Posts: 145; Member since: 16 May 2012)
Uh em... Obvious signs of fragmentation hahaha