Instagram update blocks Instance and other apps that offer third party uploads
0. phoneArena 30 Jul 2013, 21:05 posted on
An update to Instagram now blocks third party apps from uploading pictures to the Instagram site; these third party apps were part of a cottage industry that sprung up in the face of Instagram's refusal, at least to this point, to launch a Windows Phone flavored version of the extremely popular photo sharing social network...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. mafiaprinc3 (Posts: 469; Member since: 07 May 2012)
then make an official app and stop b!tching!!!
11. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
Seems like they are intentionally c0ckblocking 3rd party apps and yet not making an official app.
2. karim77 (Posts: 70; Member since: 10 Dec 2012)
Why don't they finish all this up by making an app that will end all these problems once and for all
4. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10091; Member since: 14 May 2012)
That's bogus. If I paid $1.49 and I can't use the app anymore, I'd be pissed. Instragtam needs to hurry up and release the app on WP8 already. No excuse.
5. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
Instagram why you so evil ?
7. quesoesgrande (Posts: 217; Member since: 03 Aug 2011)
Why do you think? FACEBOOK OWNS THEM!
8. risee2 (Posts: 9; Member since: 25 May 2011)
I don't see how adding pics through a third party site is spam. Instagram needs to make the app available for Windows Phone or partner with a site that allows us to share pics. So I wasted my money buying those third party apps.
10. snowgator (Posts: 3456; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
He is right.... It is their site. If they choose to close off 3rd party apps, WP users loose, but it is their right.
I keep hearing an actual app is coming. I hope that is true. I do not use it, but it is on the short list of apps that are asked for.
12. neutralguy (Posts: 1152; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
I really dont know whats taking these large companies to produce their apps for other platforms. Hmm. It's not like they dont have enough programmers go produce it right?
15. Napalm_3nema (Posts: 1743; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
Instagram stayed small for a long time for a reason. They were exclusively on iOS for a long time for a reason. I'm not sure how much Facebook's ownership has changed their dynamic, but they did not want demand to overwhelm their system and compromise any user's experience.
14. deburocks (Posts: 126; Member since: 20 Apr 2013)
well who cares , i dont use instance \instagram alot. Bt this thing is really awkward.....
16. clevername (Posts: 1435; Member since: 11 Jul 2008)
I understand blocking third party apps. Its instagrams service and if they don't want it on a platform it happens. But why punish users? My pics are still available for me to see but anyone viewing my profile gets squat. Not even the pictures I posted on the official instagram when I had a galaxy are visible. All the users want is to use their service and we get punished for it?
17. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1163; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
nokia parterned an app that can upload photos to instagram. i forgot the name, hipstamatic i think.. or oggl
18. ItsMyChoice (Posts: 37; Member since: 19 Mar 2013)
Try instagraph. it is working fine with upload pic.
19. Muzhhur (Posts: 258; Member since: 14 Sep 2012)
I dont care if instagram never came to WP platform