Instagram to be "the biggest thing in the world" says CEO Systrom
0. phoneArena 16 Jul 2013, 02:36 posted on
How big can picture-sharing social network Instagram get? According to CEO Kevin Systrom, if the service keeps growing at its current rate, it will be "the biggest thing in the world," which means it will be even bigger than Facebook; Instagram has tripled the number of users on the site to 130 million since it was acquired in 2012 by Facebook for $1 billion...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. scriptwriter (Posts: 396; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
Not gonna happen. Im not on instagram and dont intend to be........ever. I bet im not the only one.
4. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
Instagram is just a place to post heavily filtered amateurish photos. I dont always take photos. But when i do, i make sure it looks good.
14. phonemonkey (Posts: 168; Member since: 13 Feb 2012)
because facebook is full of professional photography
17. cam-whore (Posts: 164; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
me too, don't have instagram and not planning on getting it. Last I heard, those who use instagram are the ones who get subpar pictures and edit them just to cover up their mobile camera's flaws. I'm using the pv808 right now, and never in hell would I put quality pics in instagram. Flickr was always better, they don't degrade pics, and has given out 1TB of free space......
2. TechBizJP08 (Posts: 495; Member since: 25 Mar 2013)
instagram is for mobile users only. i mean its best for mobile phones. but as you can see the 1.1B users in facebook, mostly use PC and Laptops. If the smarphone industry spread like wild fire. might as well be seeing everyone using instagram. that would be around 2020?hehe
3. cam-whore (Posts: 164; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
unless you make a dedicated app for the only mobile OS that is growing right now, wp, which would be the biggest thing in a few years more...
5. cheeseycheeser (Posts: 404; Member since: 24 Mar 2011)
Instagram has peaked. And honestly I wish it was still amateur photos of the sunset and selfless and other stupid pictures. Now all anyone posts are screenshots and quotes and writing and it's awful. It's barely even for pictures anymore. And half the photos don't use filters.
7. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Thats becuase people learned that filters are stupid.
9. twens (Posts: 700; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
Instagram is boring and it lucks communication. Path on the other hand has more features and probably has a better future
11. darkskoliro (Posts: 1011; Member since: 07 May 2012)
Does this take into account the millions of trash advertising accounts?
12. saiki4116 (Posts: 371; Member since: 31 Mar 2011)
I joined instagram and posted one pic and that was it.. and I never opened it again...
15. Muzhhur (Posts: 248; Member since: 14 Sep 2012)
if instagram is "the biggest thing in the world" then it should be on wp8 platform
16. zombiewolf115 (Posts: 38; Member since: 16 Jul 2013)
i see no reason to even use instagram. oh look at me ill take a picture of a random background and put some weird filtered and put some random words that seem to have meaning. so stupid