Instagram on Windows Phone 8? It's not April 1st...yet…right?
0. phoneArena 31 Mar 2013, 21:12 posted on
Cruelty comes in many forms, many forms indeed. While Google is entertaining us with a YouTube shutdown...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Jyakotu (Posts: 824; Member since: 12 Dec 2008)
OMG, why must this be a joke?! If this was real, I would switch to Windows Phone in a heartbeat! Instagram is the ONLY major social networking app missing from the Windows Phone Store that I want.
12. tusshharish (Posts: 342; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
you want to say that it will come with windows phone blue update on all wp8 device..................
14. StreetNerd (Posts: 739; Member since: 08 Dec 2010)
it will come to WP with an exclusive filter
2. baldilocks (Posts: 597; Member since: 14 Dec 2008)
Why does Windows feel the need to cut words off and make them spread across two screens? That just looks tacky.
5. sprockkets (Posts: 1553; Member since: 16 Jan 2012)
It's to give you the visual cue there is more to the right.
But I agree, it looks stupid. And it keeps going to the right without stopping.
4. joey_sfb (Posts: 4074; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Not nice to put the joke on your fan base. A lot of windows phone users are waiting for the real instagram app.
6. Joshing4fun (Posts: 1063; Member since: 13 Aug 2010)
Exactly. That's not even funny. It's a big reason I'm probably going back to an android phone - lack of support.
7. naveenstuns (Posts: 172; Member since: 19 Feb 2012)
It might become real tomorrow
15. Bilpocalypse (Posts: 301; Member since: 13 Oct 2012)
I honestly have yet to find something I needed that WP8 doesn't support in some fashion. I've never used Instagram, so I've personally never needed an Instagram app. What are you needing support for (other than Instagram)?
8. illusionmist (Posts: 135; Member since: 29 Jan 2013)
I think some other individual developer is pulling this, since I think WP doesn't really check if the publisher name is authentic or whatever.
10. lizardpro (Posts: 5; Member since: 01 Sep 2009)
That link looks like the beta link. It is for devs to give out to testers. That is why it won't let us download it. Looks like a tester leaked it. Also is it does say beta
11. TheAce (Posts: 1; Member since: 01 Apr 2013)
If you click the thing at the bottom that says "Download and install manually,"
a file named instagram.xap is downloaded. Not sure if it does anything, though. Pretty sure you can sideload it or something.
13. lizardpro (Posts: 5; Member since: 01 Sep 2009)
It looks to be a hoax dribbble.com/shots/488588-Instagram-WP7-Concept
16. Timmehor (Posts: 599; Member since: 09 Mar 2013)
How is this even funny? If this os Microsoft's April Fools joke, then they need a better sense of humor, so lame.
17. microsoftnokiawin (Posts: 1118; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
LOL SUFFER THEY MUST ALL SUFFER