Instagram may or may not come to Windows Phone
0. phoneArena 10 Sep 2012, 20:15 posted on
How's that for a definitive headline? The trouble is that we're not really sure what's happening. For a little bit this morning it seemed like a pretty solid certainty that Instagram would make its way to Windows Phone, but now the view of the information has become more murky...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
5. wendygarett (unregistered)
Agree... And android ruined instagram as well :(
7. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
More like the other way round.....!
11. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
more possibility on Linux then half-baked. Os.
13. lilg29 (Posts: 89; Member since: 14 Sep 2011)
Im very confused, Im certainly not an apple hater (Thinking about the IP5 vs the evo lte) but why wouldn't you want windows phones on instagram? What was the whole point of ranting about android having instagram. Really it has been a great app and although the instagram app for iphone is way better why don't we have apps like instagram for everyone.
14. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
i think they should have an app... WP controls its apps like iPhone/iOS and android apps are not controlled by google coz again, its free, so if you download stuff that is unknown better be careful, it might be a virus!! so i think its ok that they should build an app for WP
3. md227a (Posts: 138; Member since: 20 Mar 2012)
Windows phones just need Shazam and instagram and I could migrate over to it.
9. codymws (Posts: 237; Member since: 17 Jun 2010)
Windows Phone has Shazam. And they have a few Instagram clients (such as Instacam and Metro.am), but due to a limitation in the Instagram API, you can't upload photos from them. But you can view, follow, like and comment.
That's why we need an official client though.
Oh, and there's really no need for Shazam when Windows Phone has music identifying built in to the Search app.
4. akbar (Posts: 62; Member since: 09 Feb 2012)
Aliens have landed, or they haven't.
Hitler is alive, or he isn't.
The world will end tomorrow, or it won't.
Typical PhoneArena articles. I know you get money for page views, but this is getting ridiculous.
8. Joshing4fun (Posts: 1228; Member since: 13 Aug 2010)
Lol i know right? Well obviously it either will or will not come...
6. arsenaljimenez (Posts: 166; Member since: 03 May 2012)
Instagram, creating "photographers" since 2010
10. codymws (Posts: 237; Member since: 17 Jun 2010)
I sure hope they create a client for Windows Phone! The third-party client "Instacam" is pretty good, but due to limitations of the Instagram API, you can't upload photos from it, or any other third-party app.
So either Instagram should remove this limitation or make their own app!
12. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
really hate that a famous app wont be available to 3rd and 4th ecosystem, WP and BB respectively!!
i really hope that they will make the app available to these platforms!!
i thought microsoft has a share in facebook?
well atleast blackberry has an alternative to these famous apps like instagram and temple run... molome and tomb escape... but how about WP? they dont have one... so i am really wishing it will be available!!!
come on instagram...dont be stupid!
15. downphoenix (Posts: 3140; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
Well considering that instagram sucks, this is actually a good thing for WP users.
16. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
i think its not good for them... android users are dying to have instagram to the platform..then instagram hear the calling but they make the app horrible--not par to iOS version!
so i think WP will be good coz its marketplace is maintain by microsoft.. like apple and unlike android