Instagram may add private messaging to take on Snapchat
0. phoneArena 22 Nov 2013, 14:35 posted on
We've already seen Instagram add short video capture in order to compete with Snapchat (though the developers claim the idea was around since the origins of the app), and word has it that the next big move is going to be adding private messaging in order to take on Snapchat. If Instagram does this, and it does it well, we can't help but wonder what that might mean for the currently enormous valuation of Snapchat...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. Sauce (Posts: 1073; Member since: 28 Apr 2013)
Indeed. As a photographer, using IG for its original use pre-mainstream: photography, it would be nice to interact with other photographers without holding a convo through public commenting.
3. FakeMatt (Posts: 16; Member since: 02 Aug 2013)
Didn't Instagram add short video to compete with Vine?
7. Sauce (Posts: 1073; Member since: 28 Apr 2013)
Yes, but IG allows 30 second video capturing where as Vine only allows 6 seconds.
10. Sauce (Posts: 1073; Member since: 28 Apr 2013)
Yes, you are correct. My bad on that mistake D:
12. Sauce (Posts: 1073; Member since: 28 Apr 2013)
I don't. My girlfriend would spend more time on IG lol xD
4. oNEWorld (Posts: 140; Member since: 01 Aug 2013)
fb is the next Google. acquiring everything.
5. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2614; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Every major company acquires talent. At a certain point, it's cheaper to acquire than build from within. Apple does it, Microsoft, Google, Facebook, Yahoo, Twitter, Samsung, etc, etc.
13. good2great (Posts: 1035; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
cant buy em? then smoke em out... smh this is horrible that instagram is doing this. let snapchat have its piece of the pie.
14. sangamdas (Posts: 1; Member since: 25 Nov 2013)
if facebook really wants to compete with snapchat it must create app that is selfdestructing in nature as snapchat is working on different concept . only adding instant messaging feature it will not cause any damage to snapchat's popularity . let me tell you there is a another app similar to snapchat "chat4snap" available in google play much more better than snapchat and in short period of time it can be rised to major competitor to snapchat.