Instagram announces "simple, beautiful, fast" 15-second video capture
0. phoneArena 20 Jun 2013, 12:22 posted on
Facebook didn't leave a lot of time for conjecture when it first sent out word that there would be an announcement today. All we heard was that there was going to be a "big announcement" from a small team. And, that's what we're getting. Instagram has officially announced its "simple, beautiful, fast" 15-second video capture service, set to take on Vine with a decidedly Instagram feel to it...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. naveenstuns (Posts: 172; Member since: 19 Feb 2012)
what is vine? I never heard of that :| .
6. Ohrules (Posts: 326; Member since: 11 Jun 2012)
vine is like video-based twitter: you can make and view 6 second videos
4. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
WTF are you talking about?
8. HASHTAG (unregistered)
Yeah that smiley kinda hints that.
9. DeejayReact (Posts: 26; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
Not that I care, but I wonder if "official" apps will ever start filling up for the blackberry world without side-loading the android ones.. lol. Poor Blackberry
11. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
BlackBerry relies on android
12. Tsepz_GP (Posts: 881; Member since: 12 Apr 2012)
Well, R.I.P Vine, you were awesome while you lasted.
Those on Vine, checkout the #rip trending vids, hilarious!
14. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2693; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Instagram claims it had wanted to have video in the original app back in 2010, but didn't have the resources to do it.
15. pokedude750 (Posts: 28; Member since: 10 Aug 2012)
Even if they WANTED to do it, they did not, And now they are copying Vine by Twitter
16. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2693; Member since: 26 May 2011)
It's not copying. There has been video for 100 years now. Adding a time limit doesn't make it a novel thing. Even Vine wasn't the first with that time limit, go check outhttp://5secondfilms.com/ which has been around since 2008.
Ugh, this whole "copying" argument is absurd and silly. I've already written about it. I'm not going to keep engaging anyone who wants to claim that kind of silliness.
18. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
I still don't think its cool Michael but hey it is what it is......
20. ECPirate37 (Posts: 99; Member since: 14 Jul 2011)
Good Call-out Michael. I was going to mention 5-second films. It is sad/funny to me when people say "IT IS COPYING (fill in the blank)" when any app has anything similar to another app. But no one takes the time to complain that most phones make video, which means that all but one company had to "copy" whomever came out with the first videophone.
21. zibbyzib2000 (Posts: 211; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
Both companies kinda ripped off from each other. Vine obviously copied the interface and format of Instagram. Even the way the posts load.
17. DeejayReact (Posts: 26; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
Did they not push it to android yet? Only iOS? tried everything and no update yet pushed to the play store on my note 2
19. amats69 (Posts: 1217; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
still no update for android..why???ive updated already on my ios device