Insider: ASUS said to be 6 weeks from launching a 3G version of the Google Nexus 7
0. phoneArena 02 Sep 2012, 21:42 posted on
For those of you who have been waiting for a version of the Google Nexus 7 with connectivity to a data network, an insider says that ASUS has been working on a version of the Google Nexus 7 with 3G connectivity and will launch it in 6 weeks...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
now this is interesting... i think kindle will be irrelevant if its true!
3. squallz506 (banned) (Posts: 1075; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
I just got a tmobile 4g mobile hotspot. Works fine for me.
4. 14545 (Posts: 1290; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
No thanks, I have my phone to tether off of. I don't need cellular connectivity for my tablets. No need to let them get their grubby little hands involved in something good. If anything, come out with a slightly more expensive version with MHL and an SD card slot.
5. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Nope, got what I wanted in the N7 16GB - instead of wasting money and adding a tablet to my expensive VZW plan, I will just wi-fi tether it.
6. atocruz (Posts: 2; Member since: 29 Nov 2010)
Will this have an sms/call feature using simcard or the use of simcard is by 3G connectivity only??
7. anywherehome (Posts: 971; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
I ve bought Samsung 7.7 but 3G is really useless....more useful is sometimes a rear camera
anyway I will change Nexus 7 for my S7.7
8. imsickwithphone (banned) (Posts: 76; Member since: 17 May 2012)
I WANT MICROSD CARD SLOT, THATS IT!!!
9. 14545 (Posts: 1290; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
The only thing I would change is the lack of a micro SD slot and HDMI out. I would gladly pay an extra 50 bucks for those two things.