Innolux to mass produce 5" full HD displays in Q1 2013
0. phoneArena 13 Dec 2012, 00:02 posted on
Whether or not you think it's necessary, it looks like there could be an invasion of full HD 1080p displays coming to smartphones sometime soon. A report has come out of Taipei that display manufacturer Chimei Innolux will begin mass production of 5" full HD displays in Q1 of 2013...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. wendygarett (unregistered)
First AUO and now this??
PLEASE LEAVE ME ALONE 1080P SCREEN!!!
8. tiara6918 (Posts: 1438; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
What if the next iPhone will have a 1080p screen? Will you still be saying "leave me alone"?
9. wendygarett (unregistered)
"Just take my money" :D
10. tiara6918 (Posts: 1438; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
That goes to show that you really are an ifan
11. wendygarett (unregistered)
Thanks, and here's yours lol
13. blingblingthing (Posts: 437; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
So you welcome a retina display but not anything better? With that logic we may have just stuck with resistive touch screen that are like under 3 inches.
2. No_Nonsense (Posts: 826; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
At a whopping 443 ppi: a 5 inch full HD display gives 440.58 ppi not 443.
4. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2677; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Maybe the displays are actually 4.97", but the report says 443ppi.
5. No_Nonsense (Posts: 826; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
Like iPhone 4/4S displays are 3.54 inches instead of 3.5 mentioned?
6. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2677; Member since: 26 May 2011)
People get nervous when there are too many decimal places, so we try to keep it simple.
12. blingblingthing (Posts: 437; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
No current smartphone display even comes close to that."
Isn't the droid DNA a 5 inch full HD screen with 441ppi? Or is it that 2 ppi really is that much?
15. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2677; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Ha! This is why I shouldn't try to write articles at 1AM
7. tiara6918 (Posts: 1438; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
2013 will be a year of 1080p displays on smartphones, I can't wait to see what manufacturers will bring to the market
16. Twisted247 (Posts: 237; Member since: 12 Oct 2012)
Hmm gee called this crap months ago when the HTC butterfly was announced then the DLX was rumored then found to be the DNA. People said the 1080p was not even noticeable and it was overkill no one needs it blah blah blah... And I said that quit talking crap and embrace the advancement in technology because come 2013 every flagship is going to be boasting a 5"1080p display. And once all the haters carrier or favorite manufacturer announced that it would have one available everyone would be jumping ship and praising it.
And to all the retards who think they are funny and will chime in.... YES I DO WANT A COOKIE
17. Googlethis (Posts: 170; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
check your browser im sure its full of cookies. (making a joke.)