Innocent bystanders get pranked with fake iPhone 6
YouTuber Jonathan Morrison recently acquired one such replica, solely to scratch his tech-curious itch, and after playing around with it, decided it would be fun to take it out on the street and show it to random strangers, before he dumps it in the "forget-and-never-use-again" bin.
In the video, you can see Morrison pranking various people, making them believe that the phone they are holding in their hands is the yet unreleased iPhone 6. Then asks them how they like the speed, the incredible resolution (8k, he calls it), and even talks about a 3D effect that can be seen if the user squints.
Of course, the video is most probably edited in order to achieve the best comic effect, so enjoying it without judgement is the best way to proceed.
source: Mac Rumors
20. corporateJP (Posts: 2431; Member since: 28 Nov 2009)
I don't think that woman is wearing a bra at 2:13...
21. corporateJP (Posts: 2431; Member since: 28 Nov 2009)
Also...Minion sighting at 4:23, after Jabba crosses his eyes...
23. engineer-1701d (Posts: 2569; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
if it was a note 3 with skin with apple sticker, i tell you most people are stupid with tech they know nothing apples the best yeah yeah yeah stupid idiots
12. Vexify (banned) (Posts: 570; Member since: 16 Jun 2014)
What do you consider yourself. Incase you haven't noticed, you follow the crowd also. Not the same crowd, but you follow the crowd. Im curious to know.
3. RuiBacelar (Posts: 152; Member since: 25 Feb 2014)
I want to laugh but it hurts my consciousness.
That's why Apple is the most famous brand, people will buy any sh** and call it magic!
4. HTCOE (Posts: 630; Member since: 20 Nov 2011)
Samsung realized that and made crap and marketed the crap out of it lol
13. Vexify (banned) (Posts: 570; Member since: 16 Jun 2014)
And still can't become #1 lol. Samsung will die within the next 2 years and LG will become the next iPhone competitor.
24. engineer-1701d (Posts: 2569; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
lolololol samsung passed apple in america
15. nithyakr (Posts: 81; Member since: 20 Jun 2014)
ohh the jokes on you fandroids as well. Cz half of that "wow" people told they are using Galaxy S5. So yeah. Even Fandroids see sh**y things and they call it magical!!
25. engineer-1701d (Posts: 2569; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
they said 4, 5, 5s one smart guy says i dont use apple
28. adrewfryman (Posts: 41; Member since: 09 Aug 2014)
and that "one smart guy" liked the phone
5. brasstax (Posts: 203; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
You know what is the actually funny part? Morrison claiming the "iPhone 6" as having an 8k screen.
Considering how the 5s has a sub HD "retina" display, we would have colonized Mars by the time the real iPhone incorporates such a high resolution screen.
6. HTCOE (Posts: 630; Member since: 20 Nov 2011)
you're lucky they removed the thumbs down option on PA
26. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3806; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
"we would have colonized Mars by the time the real iPhone incorporates such a high resolution screen."
7. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4214; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
26 core processor, 8K display, 300% lighter. I can't.
27. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3806; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
Apple sells bright shiny objects primarily to the "you can fool some of the people all of the time" crowd.
The NSA had it right when it deemed iPhone users to be nothing more than "iZombies".
8. Antimio (Posts: 313; Member since: 11 Nov 2013)
why did you erased the "Is Android really 64-bit ready?" article?
19. RebelwithoutaClue (Posts: 2108; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
I was wondering where that went
9. Tritinum (Posts: 471; Member since: 06 May 2014)
7000 mah battery , 8k display , 300% lighter , 3D technology Jonathan Morrison more like Jonathan Trollison!
10. willard12 (Posts: 1300; Member since: 04 Jul 2012)
Seems like they enjoyed "the user experience."
11. yep_its_ed (unregistered)
Lol one of those last guys was hoping it was for the Jimmy Kemmel show.
14. Totse2k15 (Posts: 368; Member since: 11 Feb 2014)
@ 1:30 "I don't like Apple product." *Chuckle*
16. Dee79 (Posts: 164; Member since: 19 Jun 2014)
Haha it makes me laugh how as soon as people think its apple they assume its amazing even though it has lame hardware they still say wow.
Apple marketing has really brainwashed people.
This is why when you speak to an iphone user they haven't a clue about a smartphone and what it can actually do but they only know how to text, type , go on social networks and take Portrait videos loooool
29. adrewfryman (Posts: 41; Member since: 09 Aug 2014)
would you not assume the next anything would be better than the previous? you could change the launcher take the apple logo off and say its the next galaxy phone and tell people the same sh*t and you would get the same reaction
30. adrewfryman (Posts: 41; Member since: 09 Aug 2014)
Would you likr to elaborate? Those people clearly know nothing about technology so technically you could have changed the launcher take the apple logo off and say its the next galaxy phone and tell people the same sh*t and you would get the same reaction
31. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3806; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
You can imagine whatever you want. But we already know what happened in the real world.
22. gehrig (Posts: 290; Member since: 17 Apr 2014)
Dumb iFans. Not real Apple fans like me, people who just buy it because it's new. Convincing themselves that they notice things that aren't really there.